[GpBikes] Shoei RF1200 ($550+) and GT-AIR II ($600) helmets - limited selection

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 3:09 pm
23 replies
Jan 15, 2004
388 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Have you ever ordered from this store before?

I called there today and asked if I could order a Large and X-Large in a helmet and return the one that didn't fit. They said it was no problem at all and it was only $7 for return shipping.

Just wanted to see what others experiences were before I order as I have heard of some horror stories about some other Canadian online stores and returns.
May 20, 2010
210 posts
62 upvotes
pacman wrote: Have you ever ordered from this store before?

I called there today and asked if I could order a Large and X-Large in a helmet and return the one that didn't fit. They said it was no problem at all and it was only $7 for return shipping.

Just wanted to see what others experiences were before I order as I have heard of some horror stories about some other Canadian online stores and returns.

I've ordered motorcycle jeans with knee protectors from them. Easy process. Never had to do a return or exchange though. I ordered in person but they didnt have my size so I received in the mail about 2 weeks later.
Aug 30, 2001
365 posts
127 upvotes

go ahead and order it. They are great to deal with, friendly and no hassle return. The order will come with a return label and they'll deduct 7$ from the refund (just like revzilla in the states). Bought my all of my beginner's gear with them and had to do 2-3 returns due to sizing .
Nov 23, 2001
555 posts
112 upvotes
furballz wrote:
go ahead and order it. They are great to deal with, friendly and no hassle return. The order will come with a return label and they'll deduct 7$ from the refund (just like revzilla in the states). Bought my all of my beginner's gear with them and had to do 2-3 returns due to sizing .
But wouldn't a helmet be a different story? How can there make sure it hasn't been dropped? Even if they are no visible damages, it still could mean the helmet is no longer good.
Jul 13, 2008
20117 posts
4931 upvotes
GTA

I regularly order gear from them and have ordered multiples of one item because I wasn't sure what size I was. I had no issues when returning the one that didn't fit well. During the period where their physical store wasn't open, they waived the $7 fee for using their return label. I'm not sure if this has changed but you can call before you order. If you want to get around this, pay with PayPal and take advantage of their free return shipping: https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4428 posts
1064 upvotes
Great price for great quality helmets. I have used Shoei for 35 years .
Inappropriate Content/Behaviour (minor) (2 points)

Filed by Mars2012 on May 21, 2020

Expired — Expires in 90 days

Still in effect .
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3079 posts
2043 upvotes
Toronto
Finally a post about a deal that actually matters. I have the RF-1100 (long in the tooth) and the Hornet X2. Fantastic helmets. Picked up a Schuberth on clearance from RevZilla a couple years back, but the RF-1100 fits like a glove still. Maybe I'll have to spring for another.

FortNine has them on at $517 but extremely limited stock (as in nothing really). https://fortnine.ca/en/shoei-rf-1200-solid-helmet

They do have some of the patterns at $615 which isn't bad at all if you find something you like. GP is selling them at the same $550 so a better deal from GP.

The Glamster has caught my eye, but haven't had a chance to see one in person. Name aside, they look like a nice helmet for around town.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19489 posts
6651 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Dark wrote: But wouldn't a helmet be a different story? How can there make sure it hasn't been dropped? Even if they are no visible damages, it still could mean the helmet is no longer good.
Just dropping a motorcycle helmet (not off of a building) isn't going to ruin it. I'd like to meet the person who has been riding for any length of time and never dropped their helmet, or the one who has dropped it and then thrown it away and bought a new $500 helmet the next day because of it.
Actually, if you're one of the second people can you please send me your dropped helmets?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3038 posts
2926 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BinaryJay wrote: Just dropping a motorcycle helmet (not off of a building) isn't going to ruin it. I'd like to meet the person who has been riding for any length of time and never dropped their helmet, or the one who has dropped it and then thrown it away and bought a new $500 helmet the next day because of it.
Actually, if you're one of the second people can you please send me your dropped helmets?
I saw a couple on sale on Kijiji. Person bought it new, dropped it once, and was selling it for super cheap. This was last year.
Nov 23, 2001
555 posts
112 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Just dropping a motorcycle helmet (not off of a building) isn't going to ruin it. I'd like to meet the person who has been riding for any length of time and never dropped their helmet, or the one who has dropped it and then thrown it away and bought a new $500 helmet the next day because of it.
Nice to meet you. Changed my X11 after dropping it. Fortunatelyi had my cc protection and it covered the new helmet. Bastards required that I send them the damaged helmet though.
Nov 10, 2018
43 posts
102 upvotes

They have amazing customer service. Super good people working there. They’ve gone above and beyond for me before
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2065 posts
1304 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I been riding for a long time and used to buy expensive helmets and stopped. My Scorpion helmet which was $150 on sale feels no less premium than a Shoei or Arai, and is just as safe. And I can buy a new one every 3 years without worrying about the money.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1230 posts
1304 upvotes
Not going to buy Shoei because unfortunately it's out of my budget and I prefer modular helmets - which are even more expensive. There are a lot more buckets on sale and not just for Shoei. Thanks OP!
Mar 7, 2011
47 posts
83 upvotes
Possible to stack the 10% email sign up first purchase discount?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Aug 28, 2007
446 posts
127 upvotes
Purchased a jacket from there and had it shipped for free! Great price and the customer service was fantastic! I asked a few questions before and after the purchase on their chat app and was answered promptly.
Last edited by billandmeltoo on Nov 25th, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3079 posts
2043 upvotes
Toronto
ca_gascon wrote: Not going to buy Shoei because unfortunately it's out of my budget and I prefer modular helmets - which are even more expensive. There are a lot more buckets on sale and not just for Shoei. Thanks OP!
I paid USD$349 in 2018 for my Schuberth C4 on clearance from Revzilla, shipped to a State with no sales tax that I was travelling to frequently.

Always a deal out there on a high quality helmet, even modular.
Aug 23, 2005
455 posts
230 upvotes
Ontario
I own a RF1200 and it's a great helmet that can serve double duty for the street as well as track days. Aside from sizing, it's very important that you understand helmet head shapes. I think the RF1200 would fall into a neutral oval shape although for those upgrading from the RF1100 which was also a neutral oval, the RF1200 does feel slightly different and more snug/slim.