• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2008 5:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[gpscity.ca] GPSCity.ca: Nokia 500 GPS (Bluetooth, TTS, Music/Video/Photo) $139.95

More offers from gpscity.ca
Looks like there's a (possibly) hot deal over at GPSCity.ca right now -- the Nokia 500 GPS for $139.95. It's pretty packed feature wise:
  • Integrated TMC Receiver (antenna integrated in car charger) (Traffic)
  • Text-to-Speech
  • Integrated FM-Transmitter
  • Bluetooth
  • SiRF StarIII LP GPS Receiver
  • Music Player (MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC+)
  • Video Player (MPEG4, 3GP, WMV)
  • Photo Viewer (JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG)
  • SD Memory card reader, supporting SDHC (SD cards up to 16 GB)
I'd say that's a sweet feature list given the price. Reviews seem to indicate the interface could stand some refinement, but it's certainly worth considering at this price point.

Reviews:
CNET.com (3/5)
YourNav.com
LaptopMag.com

[IMG]http://www.gpscity.ca/g/gps/l/n/nok500gps.jpg[/IMG]
87 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
2780 posts
822 upvotes
North York
Thanks, AndrewRFD,

Strange - no replies to this great deal :) I think this is a best value in GPS that is available so far....In addition those outside of Alberta will save on PST, so it works out to almost free shipping for most RFDers...
Mar 11, 2007
179 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds a very good deal. Any good reviews?
Dec 6, 2004
669 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
does seem like a lot for a little when comparing prices and features. thanks OP! i'll have to read some products review, because i know exactly who i'll get this for.
Oct 22, 2006
128 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
Ordered one, thanks so much :D
The only concern for me is, this unit has only 64mb RAM, I wish it has 128MB RAM like my Harman Kardon GPS500NA :mad:
Dec 6, 2004
669 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
kosiko wrote: Ordered one, thanks so much :D
The only concern for me is, this unit has only 64mb RAM, I wish it has 128MB RAM like my Harman Kardon GPS500NA :mad:
Sorry to sound like a GPS newbie, but how does the ram come into play and can it be upgraded? Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1377 posts
381 upvotes
Ottawa
mercury4 wrote: Sorry to sound like a GPS newbie, but how does the ram come into play and can it be upgraded? Thanks
64MB is what most of machines running WinCE have and it's enough. Cannot upgrade it anyways.
More important is the flash memory size and/or the ability to run programs from SD card.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
2780 posts
822 upvotes
North York
l69norm wrote: This review wasn't too good though:
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/gps/nok ... ation.aspx

Basically the review says - for this price you can buy newer model with similar features and better design, but the review price was $499 USD !!!!

I agree that this device is not worth this money, not even close. However if you want to find this set of features in $140 range - you will not find it - that's why this deal is hot.
May 10, 2005
439 posts
78 upvotes
ag2000 wrote: Thanks, AndrewRFD,

Strange - no replies to this great deal :) I think this is a best value in GPS that is available so far....In addition those outside of Alberta will save on PST, so it works out to almost free shipping for most RFDers...
No PST in Alberta anyways! =P
Dec 6, 2004
669 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry to sound like a GPS newbie, but how does the ram come into play and can it be upgraded? Thanks
ipse wrote: 64MB is what most of machines running WinCE have and it's enough. Cannot upgrade it anyways.
More important is the flash memory size and/or the ability to run programs from SD card.
thanks for the info!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1377 posts
381 upvotes
Ottawa
C'mon RFD-ers...no coupon code to drop the price below 100$ ?

:)
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Oct 28, 2008
181 posts
77 upvotes
Just ordered one yesterday. This is definetely hot! With all these features, it's a great price. The other GPS I ordered before was a refurbished Magellan 4040 (with Bluetooth as well) for $99 from Tiger Direct just in September. Thanks again.
Oct 22, 2006
128 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
mercury4 wrote: Sorry to sound like a GPS newbie, but how does the ram come into play and can it be upgraded? Thanks
Normally you don't need to worry about RAM :cheesygri
Jan 29, 2007
368 posts
31 upvotes
4.3" screen, bluetooth, SDHC support - WOOW

If hackable, at this price, the unit is super hot.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1791 posts
203 upvotes
NeverNeverLand
This was being offered on Tigerdirect as of yesterday @ $169.99, but it's all sold out. Ended up ordering one late yesterday from GPSCITY, and getting it this afternoon for $168.96 all in for next day shipping.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)