2701 posts
1364 upvotes
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19233 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
He's exercising his first amendment rights to do protest in a respectful way. A form of protest he planned with a former green beret and NFL player specifically to be respectful. A bunch of triggered police and anti-American nutjobs apparently take an issue with the right to peacefully exercise first amendment rights.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1364 upvotes
@Piro21 what exactly is he peacefully protesting? Trump? 'Murica? etc.? He's got nothing on Glen Coffee. Hope he makes it back to the NFL.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19233 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: @Piro21 what exactly is he peacefully protesting? Trump? 'Murica? etc.? He's got nothing on Glen Coffee. Hope he makes it back to the NFL.
Police violence against minorities. This information is readily available everywhere but right-wing propaganda outlets
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1364 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: Police violence against minorities. This information is readily available everywhere but right-wing propaganda outlets
He was adopted by two white people, had what appears to be a good childhood and his adopted family supported him to reach his dream and making millions a year as a football player. I think more people would sympathize with him if he had pulled himself out of the slums on his own and made it big against all odds.

Put differently, imagine for example if Trump's son/daughter would protest against society treatment of poor people. Everyone would think they were hypocrites, since they were never poor a day in their lives. It's kind of like that with Kaepernick.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14290 posts
1167 upvotes
Being in the military does not make one a hero, or a patriot.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14290 posts
1167 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: Police violence against minorities. This information is readily available everywhere but right-wing propaganda outlets
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: He was adopted by two white people, had what appears to be a good childhood and his adopted family supported him to reach his dream and making millions a year as a football player. I think more people would sympathize with him if he had pulled himself out of the slums on his own and made it big against all odds.

Put differently, imagine for example if Trump's son/daughter would protest against society treatment of poor people. Everyone would think they were hypocrites, since they were never poor a day in their lives. It's kind of like that with Kaepernick.
Nothing you just said has anything at all to do with what Piro said. Nothing. Why not try to address the thing he protesting rather than going on a tangent.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1364 upvotes
Ojam wrote: Being in the military does not make one a hero, or a patriot.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
This guy made me embarrassed to be a 49ers fan, and the team continues to do so with the last two idiots on our team continuing to kneel for no reason whatsoever. And like many other fans I refuse to watch until they quit this sideshow that has nothing to do with football.

You play football. The football field is the venue you work at. How much sense would it make for us to make controversial political statements at work like this? You'd get your ass fired for good reason.

Your problem is the police yet you disrespect the military and your country as a whole. The national anthem, which the NFL has, for years, paired with military service recognition, has nothing to do with this.

And the issues with the police are mostly exaggerated. That's what makes the issue even worse. He's part of the "hands up don't shoot" crowd who based their outrage on both one-sided exaggeration and outrage of utterly fabricated events.

I'd say stick to playing football but it looks like his antics shined more light not only on his idiocy but on how marginal of a Quarterback he is (much like Tebow). Given the baggage associated with such a marginal player for such an important leadership position (leaders don't throw tantrums like this or act like idiots), teams are rightfully not taking chances on the backlash he might cause, whether it be from teammates or especially the fans and sponsors.

When you look at the NHL you don't see leaders there protesting the Canadian anthem over perceived injustices. They know it's totally unrelated to the sport. For some reason the morons in the NFL and even the NBA seem oblivious that alienating so many people for controversial causes completely unrelated to your job is a really stupid business ethic. It must be because of this ridiculous social justice movement of late that compelled these clowns to start trying to blend politics with work. Can you conceive of Steve Yzerman or Wayne Gretzky protesting the Canadian anthem? They could have found any political injustice to do so.

I think for anyone that might be in any business program (for their management degree) this is a good lesson as to why it was better to stick with non-controversial things like charity and if you're gonna be stupid with politics be stupid in your own time. I'd have slightly more respect for people like Kaepernick if he was just sticking to Twitter and not forced me to see his dumb antics on the field.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3959 posts
1928 upvotes
Once again, who are the real snowflakes?

I wonder how you stand yourself.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Once again, who are the real snowflakes?

I wonder how you stand yourself.
The real snowflakes are the people who think NFL teams should be forcefully compelled to sign him despite not wanting him.

Freedom is good.

And I respect Kaepernick's freedom to say as he pleases, which is why I don't advocate he go to jail. He should be able to say the dumbest, nastiest, most controversial thing. That's his right.

With freedom comes responsibility, because you don't have freedom from repercussions, or freedom from other people reacting in their best interests to what you've done. The repercussions are obvious here.

Kaepernick filed a grievance against the NFL but that will go nowhere. He's done. Best of luck writing books and modeling for SJW magazines.

I don't think he had much an NFL career left anyways. The 49ers tried so many avenues to get him to better his marginal QB skills, including having him train with ex HOF QB's, of which one of them criticized him for his belligerence in refusing to improve those skills. Those lacking skills became that much more obvious when he didn't have an amazing team to carry him.
Mar 23, 2016
821 posts
225 upvotes
That's unfair in my opinion, Micelli. Just because someone has money, it doesn't forfeit their right to speak up for human rights, or discrimination. YMMV.
*Faux transparency / censorship warning for RFD*
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
547 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Lol. GQ another globalist propaganda rag. Glamour magazine recently named Sarsour a pro sharia activist as woman of the year. Pro sharia law and woman of the year. Does not compute. Thats what happens in our scum controlled inverted society.

Mar 23, 2016
821 posts
225 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: He was adopted by two white people, had what appears to be a good childhood and his adopted family supported him to reach his dream and making millions a year as a football player. I think more people would sympathize with him if he had pulled himself out of the slums on his own and made it big against all odds.

That's very unfair. And he is not protesting wealth. He is protesting killings and violence against black people by most notably police forces in America.

Your logic is offbase, and so is your righteousness on this issue.
*Faux transparency / censorship warning for RFD*