Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Grandone chicken

50% off Grandone fried chicken [Toronto Ont. deal]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 5:02 pm
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham

50% off Grandone fried chicken [Toronto Ont. deal]

Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Grandone chicken
Located near Don Mills and York Mills in a small strip plaza food court.

16 Mallard Road, Toronto, ON M3B 3N1

This fried chicken place opened up during the pandemic and they're running a 50% off the entire menu this month. You can pick up and save them the fees for delivery service or use the delivery services

https://g.page/grandone-chicken?share

Just ate it yesterday. Cost for my meal was just over $20 tax included for 12 HUGE pieces of thigh and drums, 3 sides and 2L drink. You won't complain about the size of their chicken.

Their sandwiches also seen to be getting praise.
Last edited by gr8dlr on Jan 16th, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Thread Summary
237 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2027 posts
2008 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This could possibly be self-promotion by OP but I don't care fried Chicken is fried chicken

Thanks will try
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1512 posts
1400 upvotes
Digital Gulag
I don't care for self promotion as long as the price is good at the end of the day.

From initial analysis, this looking like a banger. $5.50 for a sandwich combo.

Interested to know what the RFDgods think as I know they have the pickiest taste.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10946 upvotes
Scarbs
Naw, OP is a connoisseur

Gonna check this out the next time im in the area
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Aug 9, 2008
578 posts
345 upvotes
Thanks OP! Will give it a try next time I pick up some Korean from the YUMMY BBQ beside it. The yummy combo is the bomb!!!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21213 posts
6983 upvotes
GTA
The Korean vendor, Yummy BBQ, in this food court is pretty good, run by an older Korean couple. Woofles and Cream is also in there too. I'll check it out their fried chicken!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3885 posts
3900 upvotes
GTA
How are they making any money selling 12 pieces of chicken, sides and drink for $20? Wow!
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham
aeba7 wrote: Naw, OP is a connoisseur

Gonna check this out the next time im in the area
Thanks for being my character witness LOL.

Funny how some ppl might think a person who's been on this forum for 16 yrs and has as many posts and upvotes as me can be thought of as a shill.
[Caution is needed for new joins who do first posts on a new place or ppl who don't have many posts.]

I stand by what I wrote...pieces were huge [too big in fact] and value is fantastic. $20 tax in for 12 pces and 4 sides (I subbed the drink for another side) is crazy cheap. Value - this beats out my usual regular Popeye's Tues/Thur special deal. Taste - I prefer Popeyes as they brine their chicken so more flavor in the meat.

BTW the "Spicy" chicken is a sprinkled on spice a la Jollibee style (if you've tried that) - not as spicy as Jollibee though. I'd describe it more like a BBQ chip seasoning like taste.

Picture for sizing - side by side vs standard deli container lid. You can see the spicy sprinkle.

IMG_20210116_105719.jpg

Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
I've tried majority of their items already so here is my take in comparison to Popeyes.

Fried Chicken: really good...either on par or slightly better than Popeyes (Winner: Tied)
Chicken Tenders: A bit dry and a bit overpriced...Popeyes is better (Winner: Popeyes)
Chicken Nuggets: honestly they taste like supermarket nuggets (Winner: Popeyes)
Chicken Sandwich: too much bread for the size of the chicken meat and the meat was only alright (Winner: Popeyes)
Shrimp Sandwich: Surprisingly good...don't think Popeyes has anything like this so no comparison (Winner: Grandone)
Fries: a bit bland and unsalted (Winner: Popeyes)
Mashed Potatoes: buddy had this and said it tasted like Costco mashed potatoes (Winner: Popeyes)

Total,
Popeyes: 6
Grandone: 2

Value: Grandone only because of the 50% discount

Taste: Popeyes for the overall win

Readiness of food: Granted Grandone is smaller, they still needed a bit of time to prep the food so Popeyes takes the win here

Would I go back? Only if i'm going for the delicious ice cream from Woofles and Cream and they still have their 50% off discount..otherwise Popeyes
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham
corvax wrote: Thanks OP! Will give it a try next time I pick up some Korean from the YUMMY BBQ beside it. The yummy combo is the bomb!!!
coriolis wrote: The Korean vendor, Yummy BBQ, in this food court is pretty good, run by an older Korean couple. Woofles and Cream is also in there too. I'll check it out their fried chicken!
I was checking out the Yummy BBQ place when I was there. Prices were not fantastic per se but if food is good, maybe I'll give it a try as well. The "lunch combo" pricing was decent.

There was also a Thai One On and Woofles and Cream in the food court...looked good and worth a try.

And a Shawarma and Indian place...didn't look good and likely not worth a try.

BTW Galleria is very close by...great Korean grocery store. If you've never been to one, this is THE BEST ONE to go to IMO. They have a good prepared Korean food selection as well.

Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham
jono454 wrote: I've tried majority of their items already so here is my take in comparison to Popeyes.

Fried Chicken: really good...either on par or slightly better than Popeyes (Winner: Tied)
Chicken Tenders: A bit dry and a bit overpriced...Popeyes is better (Winner: Popeyes)
Chicken Nuggets: honestly they taste like supermarket nuggets (Winner: Popeyes)
Chicken Sandwich: too much bread for the size of the chicken meat and the meat was only alright (Winner: Popeyes)
Shrimp Sandwich: Surprisingly good...don't think Popeyes has anything like this so no comparison (Winner: Grandone)
Fries: a bit bland and unsalted (Winner: Popeyes)
Mashed Potatoes: buddy had this and said it tasted like Costco mashed potatoes (Winner: Popeyes)

Total,
Popeyes: 6
Grandone: 2

Value: Grandone only because of the 50% discount

Taste: Popeyes for the overall win

Readiness of food: Granted Grandone is smaller, they still needed a bit of time to prep the food so Popeyes takes the win here

Would I go back? Only if i'm going for the delicious ice cream from Woofles and Cream and they still have their 50% off discount..otherwise Popeyes
Phone in your order because I think they fry to order so it's gonna be a little wait!

For sides, get the onion rings and sweet potato fries (which are usually more $).

Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
gr8dlr wrote: Phone in your order because I think they fry to order so it's gonna be a little wait!

For sides, get the onion rings and sweet potato fries (which are usually more $).
Agreed here that phoning in your order ahead of time will save you time. I did that for the 2nd and 3rd time i went =D

But I would assume most people who discover the place aren't going to realize that on their first visit and have to wait between 10+ min depending on order size.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6937 upvotes
do you just go in and order, or do they require you to order over the phone or internet

Edit: And do they take CC in person for this offer.
Last edited by evilYoda on Jan 16th, 2021 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham
evilYoda wrote: do you just go in and order, or do they require you to order over the phone or internet
Recommend phone/internet your order for a time. Otherwise they fry to order.

Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
evilYoda wrote: do you just go in and order, or do they require you to order over the phone or internet

Edit: And do they take CC in person for this offer.
I was able to pay CC with this offer everytime.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2027 posts
2008 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
gr8dlr wrote: Thanks for being my character witness LOL.

Funny how some ppl might think a person who's been on this forum for 16 yrs and has as many posts and upvotes as me can be thought of as a shill.
[Caution is needed for new joins who do first posts on a new place or ppl who don't have many posts.]
It's because RFD on mobile doesn't show post numbers just a name.
Nov 3, 2008
250 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
jono454 wrote: I've tried majority of their items already so here is my take in comparison to Popeyes.
I looked at some of their photos on google. There's a "patty" that appears to have little kernels of corn and carrot. Is this the shrimp patty?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
steady wrote: I looked at some of their photos on google. There's a "patty" that appears to have little kernels of corn and carrot. Is this the shrimp patty?
It's like a "patty" comprised of a mash of shrimp paste, small shrimp pieces, some corn, and probably carrot (can't recall exactly).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9252 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
sweet thanks OP

Always on the hunt for more fried chicken spots
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $45 300mbps plan

WTS: Keyboards
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2610 posts
778 upvotes
Thanks for sharing OP, funny how people think this is a promo by op himself because it's a lesser known place.