Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Grandone chicken

50% off Grandone fried chicken [Toronto Ont. deal]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 5:02 pm
Jun 5, 2017
134 posts
60 upvotes
Lyn416 wrote: Open a shop during a pandemic with no website?
sounds like they're doing well enough without it
Dec 18, 2007
598 posts
988 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They are on board with all delivery services uber, doordash, skip. Went there today 16 pc 4 sides and two 2L drink is a steal. Family like it. The onion ring is yummy, sweet potatoes little too soft. Fries too much salt. Chicken is yummy
Dec 27, 2020
2 posts
Not bitter. I work in advertising so I can’t help but consider their go to market approach. Given the pandemic all efforts have been digital/cashless focused. Just seems like a miss is all
Dec 18, 2007
598 posts
988 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coleonredflag wrote: sounds like they're doing well enough without it
They doing well cause of RedFlagDeals and words of mouth.
They have big yummy sign outside the food court which stand out
Images
  • 20210122_165537.jpg
  • 20210122_172446.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Your comment isn't really fair or justified IMO. You can't make the assumption the person was only coming for chicken - perhaps the person was coming into town for something else (eg Kijiji meet up) and just decided to get chicken since he was close by.

I have "saved" places all over the city that I want to /would visit IF I'M IN THE AREA around meal times.
Definitely well said. I drove to Buffalo just to grab a burger.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
lim1017 wrote: Where are you guys ordering online?

door dash and skip don't have the 50% off promo.

Do I just call in and order off the doordash menu and expect to pay 50% of whats listed?

call in to preorder (good luck for them picking up the phone - they swamped) and pay at 50% discount when u go pick up.. wait time likely 45 to one hour for your order to be ready..
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
I feel sorry for the guy at the counter. He is pretty much handling everything: walk in orders, packing the orders and answering the phone non stop. He is also the go in between with the 3 people working at the back. I could feel he is super stressed and frustrated as he let out a big sigh...the phone was ringing off the hook and people expecting their order to be ready within 30 mins after calling in. add to the stress, after each ring, it said who is trying to call in or it keeps saying private caller if the number is private .

the bigger your order, the longer the wait. some girl walked in and just ordered the 4 pieces and got it within 5 mins while there were still people waiting by for their big order and who ordered ahead of her
Last edited by Pochacco on Jan 24th, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 21, 2007
88 posts
52 upvotes
toronto
Went yesterday called at 3:30 to pickup at 6:30. Food was good
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
I tried, it was great. Not as salty as KFC for sure.
By looking at the bone, it is frozen... the downside
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4757 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
swordy wrote: I tried, it was great. Not as salty as KFC for sure.
By looking at the bone, it is frozen... the downside
That means the meat touching the bone was raw. Feeling sick yet?
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
lol i believe my batch is fully cooked
let's not jinx it
Oct 18, 2014
166 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Thanks OP I am in this neighborhood frequently and still discovering fantastic new hole in the wall places that have been there forever. I usually go to Ghadir for Schwarma and falafel and Super Hakka for Bombay Chicken but there are so many more - just discovered Allwyn’s Bakery and Chris Jerk a little further away LOL. Aleppo! Empire! Bring it on.
Allwyns ia good one of my goto as well.
Had chris jerk and wasn't a fan. Whoever was working their attitude sucked big time.
Another place thats good is showtime bistro, had their jerk chicken poutine and it was good!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7086 posts
5217 upvotes
Not taking UberEats orders today ... got enough demand at the door.
Oct 18, 2014
166 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just got back from picking up my order. 1 hr wait time
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1514 posts
1401 upvotes
Digital Gulag
Lyn416 wrote: Not bitter. I work in advertising so I can’t help but consider their go to market approach. Given the pandemic all efforts have been digital/cashless focused. Just seems like a miss is all
Thanks for criticizing the lack of resources from a mom and pop store and not offering any help despite being perfectly capable of doing so.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
ifixcars wrote: Just got back from picking up my order. 1 hr wait time
so you waited in the car until they called you on the phone, or you waited outside in line for an hour
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
grandone will be closed for one day on monday, January 25th for internal maintenance and update and will reopen January 26

edit: remove the IG link post since it is an eyesore for someone
Last edited by Pochacco on Feb 15th, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: grandone will be closed for one day on monday, January 25th for internal maintenance and update and will reopen January 26

Hahaha

If I didn't know they sell fried chicken, I would've thought they're some sort of Tech company !!!
Oct 18, 2014
166 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
evilYoda wrote: so you waited in the car until they called you on the phone, or you waited outside in line for an hour
I called ahead of time to place my order. When i got there my order was ready. I asked about how long it would take and they said 1hr.
If it wasn't for RFD I would probably just gave up. Cause I'm not waiting an hr for take out.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
Pochacco wrote: grandone will be closed for one day on monday, January 25th for internal maintenance and update and will reopen January 26

Monday is likely a slow day and I'm sure they've been working so hard that they need a little break and likely need to do some cleanup.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)