• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2018 11:15 am
Tags:
Dec 22, 2017
50 posts
29 upvotes

Grass spoiled by some animal

Hello RFD members

My question may be simple sorry about it.

In past couple of weeks some animal s spoiling pur grass.Help me find it and let me know how to avoid it

Thanks in advance
Last edited by kk2018 on Aug 5th, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
I see mostly weeds there.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
cheapmeister wrote: I see mostly weeds there.
Came in to say that lol
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Could be any number of creatures. It could be an indication of deeper lawn issues like an excess of grubs in the soil feeding and killing grass roots (perhaps the reason for the weeds) and animals/birds digging up the lawn to get at grubs.
Dec 22, 2017
50 posts
29 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: Could be any number of creatures. It could be an indication of deeper lawn issues like an excess of grubs in the soil feeding and killing grass roots (perhaps the reason for the weeds) and animals/birds digging up the lawn to get at grubs.
Thanks..

We completely removed top layer and weeds early spring.Then We sprayed grass seeds ..It grows for certain level but still weeds showed up.!! It was frustrating as we remove it still growing.Your answer provides some insight.Thanks so much.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
Put a motion-activated infrared camera aimed at ur lawn to find out what animal it is and what time. Then, use sprinkler to deter, or motion-sensor lights. Or, get a dog.
Dec 18, 2017
240 posts
137 upvotes
GVA
Where you live can help determine the cause, but you have nothing in your member link. Likely a mole-like creature.
Apr 30, 2004
273 posts
79 upvotes
Raccons doing similar on my backyard often. Seen them on camera. And I do not feed them, nothing to eat there, no grubs. Worms only.
They do not go inside live trap. And now I see mother with 4 babies every night. So no idea how to get rid of them.
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
We have a similar issue... squirrels like to dig holes that are about 2" deep, 1" diametre and bury stuff and I think it's skunks that dig 2 to 3" diametre but only 1/2" deep and spoil our newly planted seed/grass. I have only ever seen a racoon in our yard once in the past year buy see squirrels daily and skunks once or twice a week throughout the summer.
Dec 22, 2017
50 posts
29 upvotes
Becks wrote: Put a motion-activated infrared camera aimed at ur lawn to find out what animal it is and what time. Then, use sprinkler to deter, or motion-sensor lights. Or, get a dog.
Good idea. Will put some motion sensor lights
Dec 22, 2017
50 posts
29 upvotes
TheGreatGazoo wrote: Where you live can help determine the cause, but you have nothing in your member link. Likely a mole-like creature.
We are at GTA region
Last edited by kk2018 on Aug 5th, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2017
50 posts
29 upvotes
Naz wrote: Raccons doing similar on my backyard often. Seen them on camera. And I do not feed them, nothing to eat there, no grubs. Worms only.
They do not go inside live trap. And now I see mother with 4 babies every night. So no idea how to get rid of them.
gfnstew wrote: We have a similar issue... squirrels like to dig holes that are about 2" deep, 1" diametre and bury stuff and I think it's skunks that dig 2 to 3" diametre but only 1/2" deep and spoil our newly planted seed/grass. I have only ever seen a racoon in our yard once in the past year buy see squirrels daily and skunks once or twice a week throughout the summer.
Exactly ..its our newly planted grass..its goes 2 to 3 inch diameter and only 1/2 inch deep ..we have squirrels..couple of days we have noticed racoon at night
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote: I see mostly weeds there.
Takes your focus off the magnificent “interlocking”
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide