Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Green Beanery

Technivorm Moccamaster CDT Thermal Brewer - Coffee Maker (Code 'MO' for 40% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 10:35 pm
Nov 25, 2019
16 posts
32 upvotes

Technivorm Moccamaster CDT Thermal Brewer - Coffee Maker (Code 'MO' for 40% Off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$271.17
Savings:
40% Off
Expiry:
February 26, 2020
Retailer:
Green Beanery
Great deal if you're in the market for a high end coffee maker! Considered the gold standard for a lot of folks, endorsed by the Specialty Coffee Associations of America (SCAA) and Europe (SCAE). Shipping is extra if you can't pick it up locally in Toronto

Use code MO for discount

The email I got says the deal will last until the 26th or supplies run out
44 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7799 posts
3860 upvotes
Germany
Good deal. Nice machine. Do people really spend this much to produce drip?
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Good deal. Nice machine. Do people really spend this much to produce drip?
It's more than just 'drip' though. From heat to evenly flow of water to the grounds, it's worth the money for these guys.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7799 posts
3860 upvotes
Germany
User131439 wrote: It's more than just 'drip' though. From heat to evenly flow of water to the grounds, it's worth the money for these guys.
I have no issues spending money to produce coffee (I'm up to a Breville 870XL, Baratza Sette 270W, Hario V60 and eyeing a Hario TC-3 Syphon plus beam heater). I just question whether drip is worth the coin.
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: I have no issues spending money to produce coffee (I'm up to a Breville 870XL, Baratza Sette 270W, Hario V60 and eyeing a Hario TC-3 Syphon plus beam heater). I just question whether drip is worth the coin.
Fair enough. I would say that the Moccamaster units are pretty much the top of the line when it comes this type of brewing. Hoffmann uses a Breville Precision Brewer, which is usually compared to Moccamaster units. But the hand assembly and warranties for the Moccamaster units make em a pretty good deal, especially at this price.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2622 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
Great coffee maker. I like the CDT design, and also how Technivorms are made: it is completely repairable.
I have the glass carafe; it doesn't sit long enough to matter and I find the glass carafes easier to wash.

And yes, drip is worth the coin.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7799 posts
3860 upvotes
Germany
karlb wrote: Great coffee maker. I like the CDT design, and also how Technivorms are made: it is completely repairable.
I have the glass carafe; it doesn't sit long enough to matter and I find the glass carafes easier to wash.

And yes, drip is worth the coin.
I find drip never tastes quite right or as nuanced as other methods to me (I had a Bonavita BV1900TS), but to each their own.
Jun 19, 2010
720 posts
695 upvotes
Vancouver
Slick deal! I wish this had been around when I bought my Breville precision brewer last year... I could justify this price but not the original.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
2005 posts
691 upvotes
GTA
Dumb question... is it possible to brew less than 10 cups at a time?
Jan 15, 2007
511 posts
103 upvotes
malaujai wrote: Dumb question... is it possible to brew less than 10 cups at a time?
Yes, you can!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2489 posts
292 upvotes
Have the KB741 glass carafe model. Amazing coffee.

Ratios matter when brewing but it’s a personal preference. Start with their recommenced ratio then adjust!

Also make sure you deacale and clean!
Nov 19, 2016
904 posts
621 upvotes
I want to get this but we only drink 4 cups max a day.. so this 10 cup would be overkill..
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2016
1179 posts
1963 upvotes
Toronto
MisterTeee wrote: I want to get this but we only drink 4 cups max a day.. so this 10 cup would be overkill..
Put 4 cups of water in to make 4 cups?...
Nov 19, 2016
904 posts
621 upvotes
HelloNanaimo wrote: Put 4 cups of water in to make 4 cups?...
Sorry I meant it will feel like a big machine with less than half capacity used at all times kinda thing
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2622 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
MisterTeee wrote: Sorry I meant it will feel like a big machine with less than half capacity used at all times kinda thing
It doesn’t have feelings. You’ll be fine. Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2573 posts
1890 upvotes
Keep in mind that in the rest of the non North American coffee world, a “cup of coffee” is 4oz.
Apr 1, 2015
411 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville
wont lie this is the best coffee maker ive ever had. i use mine every single day of the week going on about 8 years now. it refuses to die. lol

the ONLY pain in the ass about these are the carafe. they are so fragile. in retrospect i would rather have the stainless steel model like this one
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
karlb wrote: It doesn’t have feelings. You’ll be fine. Grinning Face
For $300 it could at least pretend :)
I've owned 2 of these at different times (older models). Excellent consistent coffee when paired with a good burr grinder. Plus, lots of "Oh, I've heard about these" conversations -->converts
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Aug 8, 2009
425 posts
518 upvotes
This is an awesome deal. I have been eyeing this coffee maker for years but could never justify the 4 bills. As awesome as this is I just can't go back from a grinder/brewer combo - those 5 mins in the mornings sometimes make all the difference LOL