Expired Hot Deals

[Green Man Gaming] Borderlands 3 (PC) (Base versions on Steam and Epic at new historical lows)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 10:38 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia

Borderlands 3 (PC) (Base versions on Steam and Epic at new historical lows)

Deal Link:
Price:
$23.98
Savings:
70% off
Expiry:
November 9, 2020
Retailer:
Green Man Gaming
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/borderlands-3-pc/ (Steam)

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/bo ... 3-epic-pc/ (Epic)

New historical lows for Borderlands (base game) on Steam and Epic.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4839 posts
2606 upvotes
Content comes out faster than we consume it, I swear.
Been meaning to play this and I was hyped about the release, but had a huge backlog of games to play. Still have a huge backlog, so it'll probably end up being a free Epic Game by the time I'm ready.
Jun 4, 2012
47 posts
28 upvotes
BRESLAU
RiCHC3 wrote: Content comes out faster than we consume it, I swear.
Been meaning to play this and I was hyped about the release, but had a huge backlog of games to play. Still have a huge backlog, so it'll probably end up being a free Epic Game by the time I'm ready.
Same here. Also the steady stream of free games from Epic and others is not helping. Make this stop, I only have so much of a free time.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1211 posts
501 upvotes
Whitby
I wouldn't bother with this. Wait for the goty version to go below 25 bucks or so. If you buy the base game, you will get screwed for the dlc later on.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1233 posts
596 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Content comes out faster than we consume it, I swear.
I almost feel guilty buying a game when I have so many in the backlog. Any it's like pulling teeth to get my co-op gamer friends to buy a good game we're interested in (even when on sale) when they have dozens if not hundreds of cheap games received for free.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4839 posts
2606 upvotes
Drizzt wrote: I almost feel guilty buying a game when I have so many in the backlog. Any it's like pulling teeth to get my co-op gamer friends to buy a good game we're interested in (even when on sale) when they have dozens if not hundreds of cheap games received for free.
It's like a dream come true to find a good co-op game and get everyone on board, but that's rare. There's also a lot of great single player games, but sometimes it's hard to get invested in them when you can't share it with anyone. So you may end up going the larger scale multiplayer route and that's just a whole other beast with often unbeatable games. If you get stuck in the World of Warcrafts, League of Legends, Overwatches, Rocket Leagues (*raises hand*) these games just have no end unless you burn out or get fed up, but damn does the backlog grow while you play these.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1233 posts
596 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: It's like a dream come true to find a good co-op game and get everyone on board, but that's rare. There's also a lot of great single player games, but sometimes it's hard to get invested in them when you can't share it with anyone. So you may end up going the larger scale multiplayer route and that's just a whole other beast with often unbeatable games. If you get stuck in the World of Warcrafts, League of Legends, Overwatches, Rocket Leagues (*raises hand*) these games just have no end unless you burn out or get fed up, but damn does the backlog grow while you play these.
I often put hundreds of hours into each game I play, so I do want to be smart about which games I put my time into. On the flip side, sometimes I like to find a quality game that can be completed in a day or two just to spice things up. But as you said, I find it difficult to play by yourself once you have good friends to share experiences with. There are always the times where you're the only one available to play though, so it's good to have both on the SSD. I also used to have 3 others that regularly played. Now I'm down to 1 other. Getting old sucks in that regard :)
Jan 2, 2013
272 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this for slightly cheaper last week on the Humble store. I'm also subscribed to the Choice bundle so I got an extra 15% off. Total cost for the base game was $23.55 including tax
May 29, 2008
33 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
A new SKU, BL3 Ultimate Edition (which includes all content to date) is out on November 10, one day after this sale ends. It's probably worth waiting, unless you really want to play the base game.
Jun 18, 2010
212 posts
171 upvotes
Gameplay is fun but has been gimped heavily since launch. A lot of abilities + legendary farming spots were heavily nerfed which made the game quite stale. Combined with the fact that the story tries hard to be serious while having the twins be these edgy streaming teenagers means you probably won't be replaying the campaign.

If you want mindless fun, this game is solid. Shoot baddies with a variety of guns and done. If you expect more from your games like story and characters, then this ain't it.

7.5/10 from me. BL2 is still king.
“I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8408 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
at this point I wish my game backlog would appreciate like stocks since I keep throwing money at it that I'll never see
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2352 posts
663 upvotes
Lévis
I recommand waiting for a more complete edition deal. BL game price always drop rapidly so it won't be long.
Pourquoi pas?