Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
59%
Expiry:
May 24, 2019
Retailer:
Green Man Gaming
Note: This is not a key for redemption on Steam.

The Premium Online Edition is also available for $16.36 but I don't recommend that to anyone. The concept of paying cash to avoid playing (or working for) game content makes no sense to me and relates to developer bad business practices (loot crates etc).
Last edited by txenglan on May 24th, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
48 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8172 posts
4870 upvotes
Toronto
Hot deal and I highly recommend checking out Menyoo mod which makes single player infinitely more fun. Spawn any vehicle including online DLC cars anywhere instantly, customize/save/load cars and weapon loudouts anywhere with any character, teleport anywhere instantly with no load time and so much more. Incredibly powerful mod and super easy to install. I regret waiting so long to try it because I'm having more fun with this game now than I ever did before
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3598 posts
1801 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: Hot deal and I highly recommend checking out Menyoo mod which makes single player infinitely more fun. Spawn any vehicle including online DLC cars anywhere instantly, customize/save/load cars and weapon loudouts anywhere with any character, teleport anywhere instantly with no load time and so much more. Incredibly powerful mod and super easy to install. I regret waiting so long to try it because I'm having more fun with this game now than I ever did before
I'm getting back into it as well. I've already played the single player stuff to the point of exhaustion so I'm back to grinding online. The hackers/modders ruined it for me a year ago and I stopped playing but now I just create solo public lobbies and grind away unmolested. When I get bored of that, I go back to classic Heists (which never really get old for me) or check out any of the new modes they keep creating/rotating. Every time I come back to this game, I can't help but admire the attention to detail and the raw fun baked into this game. Coming from someone who is critical of 90% of the games coming out these days, consider that high praise. Aside from the modders, the only thing I don't like about what they've done to Online is adding in stuff that doesn't belong in the GTA world - rocket cars/bikes, orbital cannon and other idiotic stuff. Just another reason to play in a Public Solo session.
Feb 13, 2011
884 posts
228 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks, finally bought it
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8172 posts
4870 upvotes
Toronto
txenglan wrote: I'm getting back into it as well. I've already played the single player stuff to the point of exhaustion so I'm back to grinding online. The hackers/modders ruined it for me a year ago and I stopped playing but now I just create solo public lobbies and grind away unmolested. When I get bored of that, I go back to classic Heists (which never really get old for me) or check out any of the new modes they keep creating/rotating. Every time I come back to this game, I can't help but admire the attention to detail and the raw fun baked into this game. Coming from someone who is critical of 90% of the games coming out these days, consider that high praise. Aside from the modders, the only thing I don't like about what they've done to Online is adding in stuff that doesn't belong in the GTA world - rocket cars/bikes, orbital cannon and other idiotic stuff. Just another reason to play in a Public Solo session.
I've only dabbled with GTA:O here and there but I've never really enjoyed it as I find it to be an extremely limited boring grindfest that isn't worth the constant waiting to load into. I've spent more time over the years playing around in Director mode than GTA:O but Director mode also had limitations so discovering Menyoo for single player is a huge breath of fresh air for me as I'm finally able to enjoy GTA as the unlimited potential sandbox with the freedom I've always wished it had.
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Waiting for another price drop to $14.99 on Steam in the Summer Sale.
Factoring in the 30% discount on Steam gift cards the historical low sits at $10.50.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3583 posts
5613 upvotes
Kitchener
VeryTRT wrote: Waiting for another price drop to $14.99 on Steam in the Summer Sale.
Factoring in the 30% discount on Steam gift cards the historical low sits at $10.50.
Where do you get 30% discount on steam cards??

Great price OP! I originally bought this @ full price!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3080 10gb, GTX 1070 8gb, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb, 32GB RAM
Homework PC: i5 8400, GTX 960 2gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3598 posts
1801 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: I've only dabbled with GTA:O here and there but I've never really enjoyed it as I find it to be an extremely limited boring grindfest that isn't worth the constant waiting to load into. I've spent more time over the years playing around in Director mode than GTA:O but Director mode also had limitations so discovering Menyoo for single player is a huge breath of fresh air for me as I'm finally able to enjoy GTA as the unlimited potential sandbox with the freedom I've always wished it had.
Perhaps you already know but you can cut the load times down to next to nothing by carefully selecting which type of lobby you load into. If you want to play Heists or other events only, just go to a solo lobby and load into them from there. If you want to do CEO or MC stuff, create a Public Solo lobby using of of a number of documented methods. If you want to just mess around in a Public Lobby, I recommend playing on Xbox or PS4 instead because the PC version is infested with modders. People claiming running into modders is a rarity are smoking hallucinogenics. I've started over multiple times with online characters and I love working my way from "rags to riches". That said, if I hadn't paid my dues before, I would likely dismiss it as a boring grind as it can take time to meet people who you enjoy working with. Nothing is more fun (and hilarious) than playing with a great group of people. It would be far too easy to conclude that the entire community is rotten/toxic but actually, there are some really nice, fun folks playing this but like I said, it will take some time to run into them. Anyway, you probably know all this already but thought I should mention just in case. Online has so much content and is still some of the most fun in gaming I've ever had.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Does anyone play GTA V in 2019? Is it worth jumping in at this late point?
Even if you don't enjoy the Online mode (which I strongly recommend you don't dismiss without spending the time to understand), the single player game is itself fabulous. One of (if not) the best single player games of all time for me. As for if anyone is still playing, check out Steam stats and you'll see that it is consistently in the top 10 most played games (and has been for years).

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6284 posts
1166 upvotes
Mississauga
Any recommendations on HD mods? The graphics, though good, are starting to show their age compared to say RDR2.
Nov 26, 2013
74 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
NowJoJo wrote: Where do you get 30% discount on steam cards??

Great price OP! I originally bought this @ full price!
From Paxful resellers.
Dec 16, 2010
783 posts
681 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP.

Does it make sense for me to spend the $21.95 for the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack and Whale Shark Card Bundle if I haven't purchased this for PC yet?

I have been watching some twitch streams of all these people doing RP missions. Is this easy to get into?

Thanks for the help.
Feb 4, 2012
30 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
From what I gather, the key can't be used on Steam. This sadly break the deal for me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3598 posts
1801 upvotes
PannTher wrote: Thanks OP.

Does it make sense for me to spend the $21.95 for the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack and Whale Shark Card Bundle if I haven't purchased this for PC yet?

I have been watching some twitch streams of all these people doing RP missions. Is this easy to get into?

Thanks for the help.
This is what I was getting at in my first post. It comes down to philosophy - I don't think it makes sense to pay real world money to not play content in the game. It boggles my mind that people pay for Shark Cards and these variations of the game that give things they could only have acquired by "earning" them in the game. So, effectively, what you are doing is paying more money not to play the game. Following the logic, you'll eventually be able to pay $1000 and not play the game at all - great deal! Not only would I not recommend this but I also don't support developers/publishers pulling this kind of nonsense. It's part of the nasty loot crate/microtransaction landscape and it needs to go away.

The game is easy to get into but you'll likely be a bit confused and overwhelmed at first. There's a lot to learn how to "perfect" things (like roles in Heists) but there's plenty of room for developing your own play style. By "play style", I don't just mean preference for weapons/vehicles but literally which content you gravitate towards. For example, these days, I tend to keep to myself and focus on CEO Import Export missions whereas some other players focus on Motorcycle Club stuff, others do PvP stuff, others 100% only racing. This is what I love about the game - there are so many areas to have fun in but many people will dismiss all of this prematurely because they don't know how to avoid the ridiculously long load times and/or deal with griefers/hackers/modders. Some "events" or "modes" Online are better crafted and more in-depth than other self-contained PC games. The amount of stuff they've crammed (and continue to add) into the Online mode is staggering.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3598 posts
1801 upvotes
lcyCold wrote: Premium Online Edition seems to be avaliable for $14.99 on humble bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/gran ... ne-edition

Correct me if I'm wrong since I don't play the game but it feels like that would be a better buy(?) if you're looking to start on GTA:O.
I disagree. See my post, above. In my view, paying real $$$ to avoid playing parts of the game makes no sense but the sheer number of shark cards Rockstar is managing to sell indicates that the vast majority of people don't agree with me so take from that what you will.

I just went through the list of stuff they give you with that version and for every single thing they've listed, I cringe. All of it is stuff every player should "work" for. Get any of it for "free" (well, again, real world dollars) and you'll rob yourself of the sense of accomplishment you'll have from having "earned" it. Again, this is the whole point of playing the game - to earn what you have. Also, as part of the learning process, you need to figure out what's worth spending time on, approaches to various missions etc.... - survival. If you just jump into the game and have a CEO office, I think you'll just end up getting frustrated with not knowing what the H you're doing because you haven't even learned why a CEO office is a useful asset.

My final analogy (because I'm sounding like a broken record on this subject) is this - HBO gives you two versions of GoT: Version 1 is the classic. Watch it all. So tedious right? Version 2 is "Platinum". Each episode gets a 60 second summary of the first 40 minutes of every episode and then drops you right at the end of the episode. Saves you time so you don't have to watch so much. So convenient! Pointless.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2793 upvotes
Washington, DC
Longobongo wrote: Any recommendations on HD mods? The graphics, though good, are starting to show their age compared to say RDR2.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Dec 16, 2010
783 posts
681 upvotes
Canada
txenglan wrote: This is what I was getting at in my first post. It comes down to philosophy - I don't think it makes sense to pay real world money to not play content in the game. It boggles my mind that people pay for Shark Cards and these variations of the game that give things they could only have acquired by "earning" them in the game. So, effectively, what you are doing is paying more money not to play the game. Following the logic, you'll eventually be able to pay $1000 and not play the game at all - great deal! Not only would I not recommend this but I also don't support developers/publishers pulling this kind of nonsense. It's part of the nasty loot crate/microtransaction landscape and it needs to go away.

The game is easy to get into but you'll likely be a bit confused and overwhelmed at first. There's a lot to learn how to "perfect" things (like roles in Heists) but there's plenty of room for developing your own play style. By "play style", I don't just mean preference for weapons/vehicles but literally which content you gravitate towards. For example, these days, I tend to keep to myself and focus on CEO Import Export missions whereas some other players focus on Motorcycle Club stuff, others do PvP stuff, others 100% only racing. This is what I love about the game - there are so many areas to have fun in but many people will dismiss all of this prematurely because they don't know how to avoid the ridiculously long load times and/or deal with griefers/hackers/modders. Some "events" or "modes" Online are better crafted and more in-depth than other self-contained PC games. The amount of stuff they've crammed (and continue to add) into the Online mode is staggering.
I appreciate the response and I guess you indirectly answered my question. I played and completed this game on PS3 before. I was curious if it gave me content I couldn't get otherwise.

I am in the boat that I don't necessarily want to play the whole SP game again.

But I guess what you're saying is that I can get all this content eventually and bring it over to online?

Real world money sometimes equates to better use of time... and if $14 extra is a lot less time getting to an end point, I get it... but doesn't seem to be so in my case.

Thanks