Hot Deals

[Green Ontario Fund] $100 rebates for nest or ecobee installtion (probably for new installations only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2018 4:55 pm
[OP]
Feb 7, 2014
146 posts
55 upvotes
Kitchener

[Green Ontario Fund] $100 rebates for nest or ecobee installtion (probably for new installations only)

Deal Link:
Using a smart thermostat to control your home heating and cooling makes it easy to reduce your carbon footprint. If you live in Ontario, you could receive a $100 rebate for purchasing an eligible smart thermostat.

Who Can Participate
If you live in a home, condominium or apartment unit in Ontario, you could be eligible as long as your heating and cooling system is compatible. If you rent, you must receive consent from your landlord to participate.

Read the complete list of requirements in the Terms and Conditions for more information.

What You Get
Smart thermostats do the leg work of keeping your home comfortable as efficiently as possible. They manage energy use in your home by learning your schedule and preferences, automatically delivering comfort when you're there and savings when you're not. Enjoy features like automated energy saving adjustments and maintenance alerts. Plus, with Wi-Fi technology, you control your thermostat from anywhere – on your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.

Purchase and install one of the qualifying smart thermostat models and receive a $100 rebate.
Last edited by haihai on Dec 13th, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
113 replies
Nov 23, 2010
672 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if this has been posted or discussed before

I know GreenON has the free thermostat but if your not willing to wait for an install (Im still waiting for someone to call me after registering in August) this may be a good deal.

https://www.greenon.ca/programs/smart-thermostat-rebate

GreenON is offering a $100 rebate on the ecobee and nest.

Not sure if this can be combined with Enbridge $100 rebate for potentially $200 rebate total?

Edit:

As someone noted below: greenon-greenon-100-rebate-smart-thermo ... #p28637005

Can not be combined......

But still an alternative for those that could not partake in the Enbridge rebate
Last edited by chillychin on Dec 13th, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 19, 2013
179 posts
33 upvotes
Etobicoke
I guess not. I already applied for Enbridge rebate so no go for me..

"We could not find any eligible thermostats for enrollment. Either the thermostats in your account are already enrolled in other programs or do not have an address associated with them. You can update the address for a thermostat by logging into the web portal."
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1249 posts
806 upvotes
Canada
So, if my gas company also gives $100 then I can get $200 back?
What if I already registered for a free thermostat but still waiting to contact me about installation?
I'd rather buy myself ecobee4 and get $200 back than waiting who knows for how long and getting ecobee3 lite.
Aug 19, 2013
179 posts
33 upvotes
Etobicoke
seafish wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 3:51 pm
Nah, I just tried with my ecobee and failed. I already applied Enbridge rebate.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8768 posts
823 upvotes
i already got th $100 from enbridge like last yr..can i apply this again?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Feb 7, 2014
146 posts
55 upvotes
Kitchener
seafish wrote:
What if I already registered for a free thermostat but still waiting to contact me about installation?
I'd rather buy myself ecobee4 and get $200 back than waiting who knows for how long and getting ecobee3 lite.
I see that you can apply for this $100 rebate through ecobee directly and they send you the cheque. I don't see how greenon can coordinate with Enbridge to know that you have already got rebated from either.
[OP]
Feb 7, 2014
146 posts
55 upvotes
Kitchener
kiasu wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 3:53 pm
i already got th $100 from enbridge like last yr..can i apply this again?
I believe that this applies for new installations only. You can try the link and see if you are eligible or not
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1249 posts
806 upvotes
Canada
haihai wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 3:56 pm
I see that you can apply for this $100 rebate through ecobee directly and they send you the cheque. I don't see how greenon can coordinate with Enbridge to know that you have already got rebated from either.
I believe enbridge rebate is also done through ecobee and other poster mentioned that it failed him to apply for a second rebate.
Oct 15, 2008
81 posts
3 upvotes
seafish wrote:
On the Ecobee site: "Thermostat must not have received an incentive through any other incentive program in Ontario".. not sure if the gas/Embridge discount applies in that case.

If it does, it's a pretty solid deal ($200 off... Ecobee3 can be had for $220 now).
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
2792 posts
154 upvotes
In the T&C
To be eligible for the Rebate, the Participant must:

be at least 18 years old;
reside in the Province of Ontario;
have purchased, and installed in the Participant’s residence in Ontario, a smart thermostat that is eligible for the Program (the “Thermostat”) on or after the Program launch date (eligible Thermostats and the Program launch date can be found on the GreenON website located at https://greenon.ca/en/programs/smart-thermostat-rebate);
ensure that the Thermostat is registered, activated, and paired with the Thermostat manufacturer on or after the Program launch date, as listed on the GreenON website;
ensure that the Participant’s heating and/or central air conditioning equipment is compatible with the Thermostat hardware and features;
ensure the Thermostat controls the Participant’s heating and/or central air conditioning equipment;
ensure the Thermostat is connected to wireless internet;
not have received an incentive related to the Thermostat through any other conservation program in Ontario; and
agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
3316 posts
543 upvotes
Ottawa
I got this: We could not find any eligible thermostats for enrollment. Either the thermostats in your account are already enrolled in other programs or do not have an address associated with them. You can update the address for a thermostat by logging into the web portal.
Oct 17, 2012
6 posts
2 upvotes
Kenora
Am I blind? I can’t find the “program launch date”.
Jul 30, 2017
49 posts
86 upvotes
Kanata
"Your home does not contain a device installed during the program period"

total BS
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2150 posts
915 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like only one rebate program per thermostat:
We could not find any eligible thermostats for enrollment. Either the thermostats in your account are already enrolled in other programs or do not have an address associated with them. You can update the address for a thermostat by logging into the web portal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

rgilld