Washington, DC

[GreenmanGaming.com] Tomb Raider 2013 (PC / Steam) - $3.50

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
GreenmanGaming.com
More offers from GreenmanGaming.com
Tomb Raider 2013 - $3.50
(Still one of the best games I've ever played)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/tomb-raider/

Rise of the Tomb Raider - $14
(Fun but not nearly as good as the previous one)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/ri ... lebration/

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - $35
(I didn't enjoy it at all... Too many pointless side missions. Only buy it if you need to finish the series)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/sh ... raider-pc/

Last edited by lincoln on May 3rd, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3583 posts
5613 upvotes
Kitchener
Nice find, thanks OP!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3080 10gb, GTX 1070 8gb, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb, 32GB RAM
Homework PC: i5 8400, GTX 960 2gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64GB
Mar 23, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great opportunity to play the first of them :)
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1598 posts
702 upvotes
Damn you OP, my list of games to play just got longer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2793 upvotes
Washington, DC
zero64 wrote: Damn you OP, my list of games to play just got longer.
Bump it up to the top of your list.

If you aren't hooked within the first 10 minutes I'd be shocked.

*** Spoiler Alert *** Do Not Watch ***

Last edited by lincoln on May 3rd, 2019 2:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1700 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome. Something new to play with my friends!
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Played the first two. Great games. Enjoyable. Loving how overpowered the latest Lara is. LOL. So unrealistic but fun nonetheless.

Recently picked up the 3rd game from cdkeys (dot) com for $25 CAD. Played for an hour or so the other day. Graphics have been turned up to 10 it seems.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2965 posts
1128 upvotes
Lethbridge
Got reboot original Tomb Raider free with my graphics card back in the day. Was not impressed. Sure it looked nice, but this trend of glorified "playable" movies is terrible, IMHO.

I mean, for $3.50, I'd say it's still worth it, but it wasn't like playing the old games.
Oct 27, 2016
73 posts
98 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote: Got reboot original Tomb Raider free with my graphics card back in the day. Was not impressed. Sure it looked nice, but this trend of glorified "playable" movies is terrible, IMHO.

I mean, for $3.50, I'd say it's still worth it, but it wasn't like playing the old games.
There are a few aspects of "playable movie" but they are pretty well done and sparse, the rest of the game is still solid, heck the entire trilogy is good although the third got a bit tiring as you again basically become Lara Croft is RAMBO just in a different locale.

The old games were decent in there time but no previous entry is better then either game in the new trilogy.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2793 upvotes
Washington, DC
Cenetry wrote: There are a few aspects of "playable movie" but they are pretty well done and sparse, the rest of the game is still solid, heck the entire trilogy is good although the third got a bit tiring as you again basically become Lara Croft is RAMBO just in a different locale.

The old games were decent in there time but no previous entry is better then either game in the new trilogy.
Exactly, the 1 minute cut scenes were used as loading time for the next level. You get to watch the character development and story unfold instead of staring a loading screen.

God of War recently used this same strategy by the way, and I wouldn't call that game a "playable movie" either.
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1389 posts
303 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote: Got reboot original Tomb Raider free with my graphics card back in the day. Was not impressed. Sure it looked nice, but this trend of glorified "playable" movies is terrible, IMHO.

:facepalm:

The new trilogy blew away the old games so much that your statement doesn't even have any humour value

Old games were tedious pushing and pulling boxes in fixed grid plus racing from timed trapdoor switches to the doors they open, plus shooting enemies with guns that doesn't knock anyone back. New series emphasize how you're vulnerable against the environment, armed enemies and mysteries so you can feel much more personable, and much more immersible
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2793 upvotes
Washington, DC
carniver wrote:

Tomb Raider Real Life

Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2793 upvotes
Washington, DC
carniver wrote: :facepalm:

The new trilogy blew away the old games so much that your statement doesn't even have any humour value

Old games were tedious pushing and pulling boxes in fixed grid plus racing from timed trapdoor switches to the doors they open, plus shooting enemies with guns that doesn't knock anyone back. New series emphasize how you're vulnerable against the environment, armed enemies and mysteries so you can feel much more personable, and much more immersible
Agreed
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 13, 2018
543 posts
1273 upvotes
I also got this for free with my video card ages ago and it is an amazing game. I enjoyed it so much I went around and got all the collectables, etc. To get the 100% completion which I don't think I've done in a game before.

Definitely a good buy for $3.50!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19539 posts
6767 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I never could bring myself to finishing the 2nd one... enjoyed the first one start to finish at the time. Haven't bothered looking at the 3rd one yet as I was so meh on the 2nd.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1570 posts
1261 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lincoln wrote: Bump it up to the top of your list.

If you aren't hooked within the first 10 minutes I'd be shocked.

*** Spoiler Alert *** Do Not Watch ***

Dude that narrator guy looks like Chuck Bartowski (aka shazam)

EDIT: Oh wait it is I'm dumb he just dyed his hair blond and was skinner back then
Feb 19, 2017
498 posts
329 upvotes
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two games. I played through the first one again late last year, and for a 2013 game the graphics still hold up really well. Highly recommended.

I'm looking forward to playing the third one (I actually enjoy the side puzzles/tombs the most, so it sounds great), but I rarely buy year-old games. I'll probably buy it in another year or so for $15.