Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Greenworks 10 A 16-in Electric Lawn Mower for $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2015 11:08 am
[OP]
Feb 19, 2014
73 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Greenworks 10 A 16-in Electric Lawn Mower for $169.99

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. It's not exactly on sale. It was on sale 3-4 weeks ago.
It's currently valued at $219.99 but Canadian Tire will match the previous sale price and give it for $169.99.

Just bought one yesterday and thought someone might find it useful.

Relatively new to RFD and don't know how to contact a MOD for approval :o . Please remove it if the post violates RFD rules.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4485 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
can someone confirm if CT stores will actually match the price from a previous sale?
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
616 upvotes
EDMONTON
16" might as well crawl around and cut it with scissors
Aug 22, 2014
48 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AnonymousJay wrote: I don't know if this is the right place to post this. It's not exactly on sale. It was on sale 3-4 weeks ago.
It's currently valued at $219.99 but Canadian Tire will match the previous sale price and give it for $169.99.

Just bought one yesterday and thought someone might find it useful.

Relatively new to RFD and don't know how to contact a MOD for approval :o . Please remove it if the post violates RFD rules.
Bought this a few weeks ago at that price with that Father's Day, $25 back coupon. It runs well, and it folds up nicely. Works well for my small yard.
Nov 23, 2011
8 posts
Winnipeg
I bought a Greenworks battery-powered lawn mower a couple of years ago. Even with regular charging and indoor storage, the batteries last just over a year. My second one just died and I just bought a manual reel mower instead. I have a perfectly good mower with a couple of dead batteries if anybody wants them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
Which manual mower did you buy and does it work well? I am thinking of retiring my gas mower.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1819 posts
308 upvotes
bubbermiley wrote: I bought a Greenworks battery-powered lawn mower a couple of years ago. Even with regular charging and indoor storage, the batteries last just over a year. My second one just died and I just bought a manual reel mower instead. I have a perfectly good mower with a couple of dead batteries if anybody wants them.
+1.
Aug 22, 2014
48 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bubbermiley wrote: I bought a Greenworks battery-powered lawn mower a couple of years ago. Even with regular charging and indoor storage, the batteries last just over a year. My second one just died and I just bought a manual reel mower instead. I have a perfectly good mower with a couple of dead batteries if anybody wants them.
The one the OP is referring to is not battery powered. It's electric.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11427 posts
4844 upvotes
Rocketo wrote: can someone confirm if CT stores will actually match the price from a previous sale?
Upto each store. Previous week's sale price was matched in Whitby but denied in Ajax a few months ago.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25044 posts
202718 upvotes
GTA
Really unusual - they usually last for 3 years+ if cared for properly. The one thing I do remember reading about Greenworks is that parts can be difficult to source for some reason.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1871 posts
480 upvotes
Markham
umlowcn wrote: +1.
Same here. +1

I got a higher end GreekWorks (2 bats and around $489.99 + HST, on "sale"), but it only worked properly for a season or two, regardless of the fact that I stored my batteries indoors, so that the extreme heat/cold wouldn't damage the batteries. What bothers me is that it's a memory effect issue, which is amateur hour. Yesterday, I tried charging the batteries and neither would charge (green light showed bats as full). After 2min, the mower stopped and the other bat lasted 3min. Then I brought in a battery and it began to charge for a couple of hours...was able to finish the FRONT yard. For the money I spent, I could have probably had someone else mow it for the life of the GreenWorks cordless mower. I'm sensitive to smoke/emissions, or I'd buy a commercial one that takes you around like on a Segway (stand-on tractor), like the one that the landscaping company my neighbour hired uses.

Now my options are corded, or reel mower. Thanks for nothing, GreenWorks.
[inappropriate signature]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)