Expired Hot Deals

Greenworks

Greenworks - Snow tool flash sale - 30% off + FS (incls corded & 40V/60V/80V cordless snowthowers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 10:08 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
764 posts
1456 upvotes
Calgary

Greenworks - Snow tool flash sale - 30% off + FS (incls corded & 40V/60V/80V cordless snowthowers)

Deal Link:
Savings:
30% off+FS
Retailer:
Greenworks
Greenworks is having a flash sale on many snow tools, including corded and cordless (40V, 60V and 80V) brushless snowthrowers.

Also, they offer free shipping for all orders over $30.

Use the promo code 30OFFSNOW to see the discount applied in the cart.

Only catch is the sale is mostly on the snowthrowers themselves, not the combo with the batteries and chargers. So this sale appears to be somewhat targeted for those that already have other Greenworks tools.

I've got the Greenworks Pro 60V 22" brushless snow thrower (Can use 2 batteries for extra long run time) and am pleased with it. It's handled everything this Calgary winter has thrown at it without any issues.

I've bought Greenworks at Cdn Tire and also ordered the 300W power inverter directly from their website (https://greenworkstools.ca) directly and have had a good experience.

Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Jan 19th, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
192 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4164 posts
3097 upvotes
Ontario
I'm moving possibly this year or I highly consider the 80v. My only concern with this is the Batteries. Their the Price of half of the Unit for replacement / extra. Right now where I live costs me $300 for a larger driveway to be cleared so that is why I would not bother lol...

Plastic fins any issues? I worry about ice / plow at the end of the driveway causing damage?
---
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
764 posts
1456 upvotes
Calgary
TechChime wrote: I'm moving possibly this year or I highly consider the 80v. My only concern with this is the Batteries. Their the Price of half of the Unit for replacement / extra. Right now where I live costs me $300 for a larger driveway to be cleared so that is why I would not bother lol...

Plastic fins any issues? I worry about ice / plow at the end of the driveway causing damage?
Bought the 60V 22" model in the fall, so I've only got a few good blasts of winter to rate mine. But we had a few decent dumps of snow, one of them was fairly wet (granted, for Calgary snow) and my 60V has powered through no issues. Twice during the wet snow clearing it stopped when I pushed into some drifts to see how it would handle it, but once I backed it out of the drift it powered right back up without getting clogged, no issues.

I’ll usually do 300’ (6 houses) of sidewalks and 2 80’ driveways (The Canadian way - helping out the elderly neighours!). So far I’ve always been able to get it all done without recharging, using < 85% of the two batteries my unit can utilize.
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Jan 18th, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2212 posts
919 upvotes
Toronto
I got the 80V 22" a few months ago from Rona on clearance.. also got a second 80V 4AH battery for cheap from greenworks directly sometime after buying the blower+battery at Rona. Yesterday was the first day I had to use it. I'm in the GTA and we got a ton of snow. The plow handled it all without issue. I used 1 full battery and a good portion of the second doing my driveway and a long stretch if sidewalk on my street. Put the batteries on charge.. woke up this morning and had to clear the end if the driveway from the street plow. Cleared mine and 3 neighbours until both batteries were dead

Overall I'm really happy with the blower.. it made things really easy and outperformed my expectations.
Last edited by geogolem on Jan 20th, 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2009
75 posts
24 upvotes
RockyMtns27 wrote: Bought mine in the fall, so I've only got a few good blasts of winter to rate mine. But we had a few decent dumps of snow, one of them was fairly wet (granted, for Calgary snow) and my 60V has powered through no issues. Twice during the wet snow clearing it stopped when I pushed into some drifts to see how it would handle it, but once I backed it out of the drift it powered right back up without getting clogged, no issues.

I’ll usually do 300’ (6 houses) of sidewalks and 2 80’ driveways (The Canadian way - helping out the elderly neighours!). So far I’ve always been able to get it all done without recharging, using < 85% of the two batteries my unit can utilize.
Do you keep and charge your batteries in a heated or unheated garage?
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
764 posts
1456 upvotes
Calgary
bdottan wrote: Do you keep and charge your batteries in a heated or unheated garage?
I charge and store my batteries inside to maximize the available capacity once I head outside to clear the snow.
Sep 12, 2019
88 posts
84 upvotes
I have the 60V 20" and I'm so happy with it, came with 4ah battery and it clear my long wide driveway and all sidewalks and battery still have 2 bars left, light easy to handle.
Nov 22, 2017
184 posts
233 upvotes
Some fun facts. Greenworks is also the OEM manufacturer of Kobalt, Yardworks, and other brands for leaf blower, string line trimmers pressure washer tools.
Mar 7, 2011
27 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone able to speak to how well these clear snowplow mounds at the end of the driveway?

Was reading that two stage blowers are best for that, but greenworks doesn't appear to sell any
Jun 16, 2016
8 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone have experience with the 80v 20inch snowblower, which has a plastic impeller vs the 80v 22inch with the metal impeller? The price difference is substantial between the two and i’m wondering if a metal impeller is worth the premium for use in the city.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7162 posts
3628 upvotes
West GTEH!
Decent Deal.

Not as good as Rona/Lowes Deal back in December/2021. Just saying.
Last edited by Webhead on Jan 18th, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Sep 28, 2020
56 posts
155 upvotes
geogolem wrote: I got the 80V 22" a few months ago from Rona on clearance.. also got a second 80V 5AH battery for cheap from greenworks directly sometime after buying the blower+battery at Rona. Yesterday was the first day I had to use it. I'm in the GTA and we got a ton of snow. The plow handled it all without issue. I used 1 full battery and a good portion of the second doing my driveway and a long stretch if sidewalk on my street. Put the batteries on charge.. woke up this morning and had to clear the end if the driveway from the street plow. Cleared mine and 3 neighbours until both batteries were dead

Overall I'm really happy with the blower.. it made things really easy and outperformed my expectations.
I second all of this - I had the same impression with the 80v 22". Bought it from Greenworks during the Black Friday sale and put it to work yesterday for the first time. I also have a Greenworks lawn mower and edger so I already had the batteries, for my 2 car short driveway and corner lot sidewalk it did a fantastic job. It is so much smaller than gas powered ones as it folds up, so quiet, and obviously a lot lighter and I don't need gas.

Highly recommend
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
764 posts
1456 upvotes
Calgary
Webhead wrote: Decent Deal.

Agreed, but I'm afraid not even the Wayback Machine can get us that deal again...
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Jan 18th, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8977 posts
2236 upvotes
geogolem wrote: I got the 80V 22" a few months ago from Rona on clearance.. also got a second 80V 5AH battery for cheap from greenworks directly sometime after buying the blower+battery at Rona. Yesterday was the first day I had to use it. I'm in the GTA and we got a ton of snow. The plow handled it all without issue. I used 1 full battery and a good portion of the second doing my driveway and a long stretch if sidewalk on my street. Put the batteries on charge.. woke up this morning and had to clear the end if the driveway from the street plow. Cleared mine and 3 neighbours until both batteries were dead

Just got my parents the 80V 22" one as well, ordered it a couple of weeks ago as it was on sale for $595 including 1 battery and the charger. Set it up for them this past weekend for use just in time for the big T.Dot storm. They said they used it yesterday after the storm, it performed quite well but it still took 3 charges of the battery to clear their driveway and sidewalk (~70 square m or 750 square feet in area with at least 30 cm of snow). Need to look into getting them an extra battery as well, but that's not too bad considering how much crap got dumped on us.
dvvb wrote: Anyone able to speak to how well these clear snowplow mounds at the end of the driveway?

Was reading that two stage blowers are best for that, but greenworks doesn't appear to sell any
2 stage is always better, the snowbar is usually hard-packed snow, very heavy and solid. The 2 stage will break and chrew it first then toss the snow. These are snowthrower so it'll have a tougher time with the heavier packed stuff.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
May 23, 2009
102 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
msnc73 wrote: Anyone have experience with the 80v 20inch snowblower, which has a plastic impeller vs the 80v 22inch with the metal impeller? The price difference is substantial between the two and i’m wondering if a metal impeller is worth the premium for use in the city.
Yes I have it. It's plastic but I absolutely love it. It also weighs half of the 20in which his a bonus. It had no issues whatsoever with yesterday's crazy snow fall. Battery lasted a long time. I also tried it in sludge snow earlier in the year, no issues.
May 23, 2009
102 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
Webhead wrote: Decent Deal.

The best deal is the one you can actually use
Sep 30, 2018
67 posts
1 upvote
stupid question but can someone explain the difference between the 40V 20" cordless vs the 60V and 80V?

Is it just which battery I can use and longer lasting run time?
Nov 10, 2009
75 posts
24 upvotes
KevJas wrote: stupid question but can someone explain the difference between the 40V 20" cordless vs the 60V and 80V?

The voltage is about power. If you're looking at runtime for batteries look at the Ah rating
May 23, 2009
102 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
KevJas wrote: stupid question but can someone explain the difference between the 40V 20" cordless vs the 60V and 80V?

Volts is how much power they use.
A 80V machine is much more powerful than a 20V machine.

When looking at the battery, you'll see something like 2AH or 4AH. That's how long they'll last.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
764 posts
1456 upvotes
Calgary

Also, keep in mind that Greenworks puts different components, including motors, in different models.

For example, some have plastic impellers, others metal. Also, the motor in some/all of the 22" has been upgraded with twice the power from the 20" models of the same voltage, as confirmed in the Q&A of the 60V 22" snowthrower

From (https://greenworkstools.ca/products/60v ... nd-charger)

---
Greenworks Support · a year ago
Hello <<removed>>,

Thank you for your question. The main difference between the 20 inch and 22 inch model is the newest and latest model which is the 22 inch has a 1.5kW motor compared to the 750W from the previous model. It also has an updated look and slightly updated design to be more efficient and reliable.
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Jan 18th, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)