Expired Hot Deals

Greenworks Tools Canada

Greenworks has a 30% off Sitewide Sale Again

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2022 8:40 am
Oct 28, 2007
26 posts
18 upvotes
escapehatch wrote: Wow. How do I tell if it's brushed vs brushless? What's the difference in functionality?

I also bought the string 12" trimmer. Are they brushed vs brushless?

I've already used it.

EDIT: The item # is 253630sHD - brushed version. This is not what I ordered.
You are screwed too. Call them. They just updated the Google search results to brushed. Luckly I already made a video. Also the order summary should be showing Brushless for this model
Jan 28, 2017
346 posts
236 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: Any opinions on going 40v vs. 80v from people who have owned/tried both?
If you want to expand into their ecosystem later, eg a snowthrower, 80V would be preferable then (depending where you live)
Jan 28, 2017
346 posts
236 upvotes
fallenstarx wrote: how long is shipping usually to toronto?
I bought a hedge trimmer just as the last sale ended, still 30% off and 5% off still worked. It shipped from Mrs Agha, and I received it about 2 weeks after the purchase.
Jun 21, 2010
565 posts
403 upvotes
London
Nam5588 wrote: I bought a hedge trimmer just as the last sale ended, still 30% off and 5% off still worked. It shipped from Mrs Agha, and I received it about 2 weeks after the purchase.
Which hedge trimmer did you get?
Jul 10, 2007
49 posts
28 upvotes
toronto
In case this helps someone out, this 20" mower is actually brushless though it does not specify this in the description: https://greenworkstools.ca/collections/ ... r-included

You can search the model on Lowe's, Rona, walmart to verify but I bought this during the last sale and can confirm it is indeed brushless. I can only assume the pricing is because of the added weight from the steel deck and being non-propelled. Fwiw, I've been able to mow and trim my 60x110' lot on a single charge of the 4Ah battery.
Mar 2, 2009
580 posts
313 upvotes
Thanks OP, got the pressure washer that seems to go for 199US in Costco US with good reviews.

Anyone know whether is a way to attach an extension to the hedge trimmer (I already have one) to help with tall hedges?
Last edited by derdev on Jun 22nd, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1898 posts
2877 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
valuedetective wrote: Thanks OP. Missed the last sale. They havent restocked on sold out items but was able to get a pressure washer for a very reasonable price.
Yeah pretty weak selection this time around, wasn't great last sale either.

I've been waiting since Feb for their 730 CFM blower to come back in stock, not even on sale, and it's STILL not back on their website. All vendors (Lowe's, Costco, Amazon) sold out for eternity as well. Checked today and randomly Rona had it, so grabbed it - tired of waiting on Greenworks direct.
Cartman86 wrote: How do their electric lawnmowers compare to Ryobi?
I've only used a 40V Ryobi and while it was fine, it definitely felt cheaper. Mind you this was vs my Greenworks 80V self propelled which is one of their "best" I'd argue. No doubt I prefer my Greenworks. With 80V and 5ah battery on a 1/2 acre lot with A LOT of grass, I can easily get 2 full cuts and sometimes even 3 depending on how thick/tall the grass is.

I really like it.
shtang wrote: Same experience last time when they had the 30% sale. I wouldn't buy from Greenworks direct if there's an alternative.
Same. I literally just bought from Rona as I was tired waiting for stuff to come back in stock for months.

Seems like all the items they actually have in stock are bundles where most people are already in the ecosystem are looking for tool-only or extra batteries, not the whole combo kit.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3054 posts
2544 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Crackass wrote: They've significantly increased the original price of many things compared to the last sale, which means that many things are more expensive than last time stuff was 30% off. Everything I bought last sale that's still in stock now has gone up in price, even without the additional 10% off that was available last sale. Pretty sneaky by Greenworks.
Have you compared their cost increases to their competition's cost increases? Because everyone's costs are affected by the supply chain issues. That's why we've got massive inflation right now. Comparing current sales to previous sales isn't really valid right now; you can only really compare current pricing to what other companies are offering. And even if they did increase more than others, why do you think it's sneaky? It's not like they can hide past pricing. Should they advertise price increases? What's the cost:benefit?
Oct 31, 2011
81 posts
118 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Any thought on the 80v mower ? Should I opt for 2x 2ah or 1x4ah. Similar price it seems
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2166 posts
869 upvotes
Edmonton
fallenstarx wrote: Any thought on the 80v mower ? Should I opt for 2x 2ah or 1x4ah. Similar price it seems
It really depends on your lawn size and what else you plan on doing with it.

With two batteries you can charge one while using the other and can just keep mowing while alternating the batteries. You also get the benefit if you ever buy any other bare 80v tools, and they're lighter for handheld stuff like trimmers/blowers.

I'd rather have two 2ah batteries than a single 4ah.
Feb 13, 2008
512 posts
400 upvotes
Hamilton
krayzah1 wrote: In case this helps someone out, this 20" mower is actually brushless though it does not specify this in the description: https://greenworkstools.ca/collections/ ... r-included

You can search the model on Lowe's, Rona, walmart to verify but I bought this during the last sale and can confirm it is indeed brushless. I can only assume the pricing is because of the added weight from the steel deck and being non-propelled. Fwiw, I've been able to mow and trim my 60x110' lot on a single charge of the 4Ah battery.
Thanks, I was wondering when everyone else's web site was showing it as brushless. Was thinking about the other poster that said he bought one advertised as brushless and wasn't.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14697 posts
4823 upvotes
GTA
Nam5588 wrote: If you want to expand into their ecosystem later, eg a snowthrower, 80V would be preferable then (depending where you live)
For snow I was thinking to stick with gas just for the power. Haven't heard good things about many electric blowers.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3054 posts
2544 upvotes
GTA Ontario
rasam5 wrote: I am looking to buy a pressure washer. Does anyone have any recommendations for Greenworks pressure washer based on the usage?
Based on what usage? For washing a car you want lower pressure (below 2000 PSI) but the more flow the better. For cleaning a concrete patio you want much higher pressure but the flow doesn't matter as much. Any pressure washer you buy will provide a range of pressure and flow just by changing the nozzle. The smaller the nozzle opening the higher the pressure and the lower the flow. So for example you can get a washer over 2000 PSI and safely wash your car by using a nozzle that's more open and lets the water flow more (which means less pressure).
Note that companies list their pressure washers with the max. pressure (PSI) and max. flow (GPM) numbers, but they can't do both at once - it's either/or. The higher the PSI you go the lower the GPM you get. But a mid-range washer will do very well for washing you car, deck, driveway, house, windows, etc. - just use the appropriate nozzle for each job. I have the Greenworks 2300 and it came with four "normal" nozzles and a "power nozzle" (that just spins a narrow stream in a circular pattern to get high pressure over a wider area). They conveniently clip into a bar a the top of the machine that has a sticker showing the spray angle and best use for each nozzle (bricks, fence, car, and a low-pressure one for foaming the soap if you use the onboard soap container).
Jun 21, 2008
23 posts
59 upvotes
Belle River
I am intrigued by the trolling motor:

https://greenworkstools.ca/collections/ ... nd-charger

I am thinking that it might be the perfect thing to power my kayak.

During the last sale, I posted a question on their website about range and they said that the battery would power the motor at full throttle for about an hour.

Does anyone have any real world experience with one of these?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2008
1088 posts
1109 upvotes
shtang wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/Greenworks-12-Inc ... B0971TYZM3
for $19 more you get a blower too.

$250 - $50 coupon = ~$200

The string trimmer may be a different model (still 40V, 12"), but not sure what is the actual difference.
The description and part number shows a lawn mower trimmer combo, but photo shows blower trimmer??
Ordered anways it lets see what I end up with lol
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1266 posts
1855 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
fallenstarx wrote: Any thought on the 80v mower ? Should I opt for 2x 2ah or 1x4ah. Similar price it seems
I would opt for a cell to use and a cell to charge vs one cell that works longer. I would say 10 to 15 minutes use per 1Ah rating, so 20 to 30 minutes use from one 2Ah cell, and the 2Ah charge in about 35 to 45 minutes. Not sure how long the 4Ah takes
Aug 3, 2005
617 posts
237 upvotes
I'm looking at 2417602CA 40v blower, greenworks website says its 450 cfm brushless in description but lowes say brushed 390 cfm for same model...

Now amazon says 450 cfm brushed!

Wallet is safe...
Last edited by canadatoronto on Jun 22nd, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 18, 2021
33 posts
34 upvotes
Ontario
I skipped buying this because:
1) doesn't have any handles or space to organize hose/cable
2) doesn't have wheels

If you are looking an absolutely no frills, stow away general purpose pressure washer then this is a good deal.

Remember that if your intent is to clean driveways, a higher pressure washer might make more sense. A 1800 is going to fine for general purpose light cleaning, car washing etc.
Jul 14, 2008
290 posts
710 upvotes
we bought the 80V mower, blower and string trimmer with 4AH and 2AH battery. great units. very powerful and easy to use. The only change I would have is to replace the 2Ah battery with another 4Ah. For lawn mower, 4Ah will last about 45 minutes, where 2Ah is not enough to finish the job. 2Ah is fine for trimmer and blower.