Expired Hot Deals

Greenworks Tools Black Friday

Greenworks discounted batteries (and tools)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 2:16 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1131 posts
1452 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Thinking of getting a snow thrower because I already have two 80v batteries (came with my lawnmower).

Should I get the 20" for $194.35 or the 22" for $389.35 ??? Is it worth the extra money for the better version?
Jul 27, 2016
232 posts
149 upvotes
victoria
mobbie wrote: First time I've seen the inverter drop in price. $85 + tax. Might come in handy during a blackout to keep the fridge or freezer going. Looks like a furnace might need too much power

https://greenworkstools.ca/products/80v-300w-inverter
I was checking this out and greenworks says it can't power a fridge assume the same for freezer
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2BYT6SPQ9NYFV/?
Jul 27, 2016
232 posts
149 upvotes
victoria
BillyBill wrote: Thinking of getting a snow thrower because I already have two 80v batteries (came with my lawnmower).

Should I get the 20" for $194.35 or the 22" for $389.35 ??? Is it worth the extra money for the better version?
Depends on your budget, and how much snow you expect and typically get. Not sure I they have size differences if so space is a concern . I was thinking of the shovel size and very little snow in winter in Victoria, but the choice was made for me BC the shovel was sold out during bf.
Jul 27, 2016
232 posts
149 upvotes
victoria
redondo2017 wrote: Bought the inverter for possible outage in Winter.
I just bought the inverter, for the essentials:router and modem,
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1131 posts
1452 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
DominicL044247 wrote: Depends on your budget, and how much snow you expect and typically get. Not sure I they have size differences if so space is a concern . I was thinking of the shovel size and very little snow in winter in Victoria, but the choice was made for me BC the shovel was sold out during bf.
I'm in Halifax. We get a normal amount of snow for a Canadian winter... but when it does snow, it tends to be a fairly high volume.

I can afford the more expensive one, but I don't want to spend an extra $200 for only a marginal improvement.

I have snow shovels and I'm a young enough guy in good shape... but my driveway has a wall on one side, so the fact that these could throw the snow up and over the wall might be useful. And if this lasts at least 5 years, it'll probably be worth it. Getting up early to shovel snow before getting the kids to school isn't exactly fun.
Apr 21, 2012
678 posts
871 upvotes
Ontario
DominicL044247 wrote: I was checking this out and greenworks says it can't power a fridge assume the same for freezer
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2BYT6SPQ9NYFV/?
Hmmm guess I'll need to test it. A quick Google search shows "Domestic fridge power consumption is typically between 100 and 250 watts." And freezers draw around 100W. I'd be surprised if it doesn't work but maybe it peaks above 300W...? Or Greenworks is being cautious since it would depend on the model.
Apr 21, 2012
678 posts
871 upvotes
Ontario
BillyBill wrote: Thinking of getting a snow thrower because I already have two 80v batteries (came with my lawnmower).

20" did well last winter for us in Southern Ontario although we didn't have the snow ploy compact snow. I'd imagine it would struggle and we'd be doing that by hand. I'd get the 22 inch just for extra piece of mind (assuming its more powerful).
Jan 14, 2008
253 posts
101 upvotes
Quebec
It seems like the discounts are gone as of this morning...