Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5218 posts
1240 upvotes
Burlington
Brutal for the smaller communities that rely on this service.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Damn I remember using them quite a bit back in the days when I was in University.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6258 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Rip in peace greyhound Canada.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
sad day but expected.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9928 posts
7091 upvotes
Mississauga
Can't say I ever traveled on Greyhound but I did use their parcel service once because it was cheaper and quicker than Canada Post.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2738 posts
1651 upvotes
Ontario
They cut back their operations in Canada years ago to almost nothing. I'm not surprised in the least to hear this, only surprised they didn't do it sooner...
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
IcarusLSC wrote: They cut back their operations in Canada years ago to almost nothing. I'm not surprised in the least to hear this, only surprised they didn't do it sooner...
Any time where there is good service to one location, but you want to go further, Greyhound was always a royal pain.
Try going from Toronto to Collingwood. The bus would quit in Barrie or go past Barrie, but not in the Collingwood direction.
You'd have to wait 30 minutes (or so) for a bus heading to Collingwood from Barrie.
I wonder how people will get to Collingwood now...the service was bad enough as is! lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
DougO wrote: Hardly matters to us in Thunder Bay as they cut off our service and land locked us for bus travel several years ago. This area was one of the first they branched off to back when they first started and one of the first they killed when they downsized...
Yes, they cut Vancouver Island off years back too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
DougO wrote: I wish. Current gas price in town is 99.9 cents a Litre. Never seems to go down much. I'd get an electric but they are expensive to purchase new. Used cars don't last or may be problematic. No easy answers for a limited budget...
Are you shitting me? It's $1.559 in Victoria.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7138 upvotes
COVID is getting blamed for a lot of things but I suspect businesses that were already failing are the ones that require a permanent shutdown. I would be interested to know the ridership and revenue pre-COVID. If it was solely b/c of COVID then only a temporary shutdown was needed. GO is still running.
Messerschmitt wrote: Gouging + govt taxes, imposing ethanol and "cleaner" gas at pump + oil company blaming it on govt.
Hasn't even come into effect yet and you're already blaming it on that ...this is one of the many reasons climate deniers have absolutely no credibility.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1836 posts
279 upvotes
Transit providers say Greyhound's pullout could present expansion opportunities
Salmaan Farooqui
The Canadian Press
Staff
Published Monday, May 17, 2021 1:10PM EDT

Can high speed rail or megalev be built to connect Windsor, ON to Quebec, QC and other cities and towns on its way?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Jan 4, 2018
17 posts
5 upvotes
Does anybody know how to get a refund for the greyhound bucks? I have $360 of it I purchased it a long time ago. I called and the CSR told me that since they don't have any record, I can only try at the greyhound terminal, but she does not guarantee it because they don't service Canada anymore. I am in Montreal and we still have the Greyhound terminal they services Greyhound U.S.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2809 posts
3664 upvotes
samsonmqcc wrote: Does anybody know how to get a refund for the greyhound bucks? I have $360 of it I purchased it a long time ago. I called and the CSR told me that since they don't have any record, I can only try at the greyhound terminal, but she does not guarantee it because they don't service Canada anymore. I am in Montreal and we still have the Greyhound terminal they services Greyhound U.S.
Greyhound Lines (USA) is a completely separate company that operates the cross-border services - doubt they will do anything with ancient Greyhound Bucks.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Greyhound lost quite a bit of business in recent years to Ridesharing.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3791 posts
297 upvotes
YUL
peli33 wrote: Greyhound lost quite a bit of business in recent years to Ridesharing.
I didn't know there is much intercity ridesharing in Canada? I used Blablacar in Europe (so successful that they decided to diversify and get its own bus network), but I haven't found anything like it in Canada