Aug 17, 2002
13233 posts
3999 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)

[Fairmont.com] Griffins (YVR): 50% savings on all dinner menu

More offers from Fairmont.com
[IMG]http://www.fairmont.com/NR/rdonlyres/FF ... aurant.jpg[/IMG]

GRIFFINS 18TH ANNIVERSARY PROMOTION:

Foodies in the know will want to tuck into dinner at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver’s Griffins Restaurant and take a bite out of the tab by dining through Happy Hour. In celebration of our 18th Anniversary, diners are extended 50% savings on all dinner menu items from appetizers, mains and desserts between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm daily. It’s our way of saying thank you to all our longtime patrons and guests for their continued support and appetite for Griffins fare. The 18th Anniversary promotion runs from now until the end of September.(Not applicable on holidays, special events such as Mothers Day, Fathers Day, etc. Can not be combine with any other discounts or offers.)

Order any entree, and u get the dessert buffet included, pack the entree and JUST enjoy the dessert =)
From Griffin's reply: dinner time we only have appetizer and dessert buffet and it certainly is included in our 50%promotion which is until September

Dinner Menu
19 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2732 posts
4540 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks BestOffer, may venture down and check it out.
Mar 9, 2008
370 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
mmmm..... prime rib and dessert buffet here I come
thanks op
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3953 posts
18 upvotes
Highly recommended if you have friends that appreciate desserts.

P.S: The food is ok, but I'd say good if it is half priced.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1459 posts
815 upvotes
Vancouver
decor is nice, unfortunately the food's mediocre.
Jul 5, 2006
811 posts
65 upvotes
this place is awesome... don't listen to the haters... the seafood buffet is a pretty good option :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13233 posts
3999 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
aaaaaa wrote: this place is awesome... don't listen to the haters... the seafood buffet is a pretty good option :)
i have their seafood buffet every month :D
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3774 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
aaaaaa wrote: this place is awesome... don't listen to the haters... the seafood buffet is a pretty good option :)
+1 One of my favourite quasi-nice restaurants with the kids. Decent food (best prime rib), great dessert, staff are great with the kids, nice but relaxed atmosphere.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2030 posts
731 upvotes
Thanks OP.. The OP took that "Foodie" quote from their website but true foodies would probably avoid this place.

Which day and how much is the Seafood Buffet? I don't see it on their menu. I'm not sure if it's included for this promo...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13233 posts
3999 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
jon604 wrote: Thanks OP.. The OP took that "Foodie" quote from their website but true foodies would probably avoid this place.

Which day and how much is the Seafood Buffet? I don't see it on their menu. I'm not sure if it's included for this promo...
probably not, i think it was $35 back then...
Jun 8, 2009
29 posts
4 upvotes
BC
The Seafood buffet is definitely included, my mother ordered it before. I can't recall the pricing though, it was definitely around 30 and 1/2 price. The only thing that isn't half price is the daily combo subjected to the day of the week.

The good thing about this promo is that you can arrive at 5:50pm and eat as long as you want and still get the 1/2 discount.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
Does one have to order after 4:30 pm and finish by 6:00 pm? Or does happy hour just indicate the starting time?
Jul 18, 2006
378 posts
75 upvotes
so Seafood buffet serves daily?
Apr 8, 2007
589 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
They won't let you eat during the happy hour unless you previously have made a reservation. I tried several times dropping in during the 50% time period, but was turned away every time even though the dining room wasn't even full. So it's a bit of a scam. When you try to make a reservation, if you want the weekends you have to book a month in advance. Not really worth the effort! Perhaps weekdays is better.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13233 posts
3999 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
wiigal wrote: They won't let you eat during the happy hour unless you previously have made a reservation. I tried several times dropping in during the 50% time period, but was turned away every time even though the dining room wasn't even full. So it's a bit of a scam. When you try to make a reservation, if you want the weekends you have to book a month in advance. Not really worth the effort! Perhaps weekdays is better.
then why not just make a reservation?! it on the website :lol:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13233 posts
3999 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
gamer602 wrote: how much? link?
lol cant find it
told u last time i went was about $35, another member said $30
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2030 posts
731 upvotes
BestOffer wrote: told u last time i went was about $35, another member said $30
which day is their seafood buffet?
Jul 5, 2006
811 posts
65 upvotes
jon604 wrote: which day is their seafood buffet?
it's always on. it's a cold seafood/salad buffet, includes shrimp(prawns? i don't know the difference), mussels, clams, salmon, crab legs. you also get the soup of the day, as well as the seafood soup which they always have. as with all entree's you get the dessert buffet included as well.

i've never had a bad experience at this place, i'm not sure what other people are complaining about? maybe if something more than "true foodies would avoid this place" was offered I could comment?? Only complaint I've seen so far is that sometimes it fills up. That's true, it does seem to fill up at the most random times, so just make a reservation like you would for any real restaurant :P

For the price you pay this place is quite reasonable. That said, I always go with my entertainment book coupons in hand :)