50% off
Retailer:
GrillGrates.com
Our Annual Labor Day Sale* is Here! [ends Sept 6th]

Save 15% Off Sitewide

Shop Now with Code LABORDAY15

===================
Warehouse sale:

Up to 50% off discontinued sizes and slightly damaged items.

I've posted their warehouse sale before...get em while you can if it fits your needs. Even if it don't fit your grill perfectly, if it's smaller [13.62" grate] you can still use em.

Expired HotDeals thread because I don't want to repost everything.

grillgrate-grillgrate-factory-2nds-ware ... #p34092814

Shipping can be high...consider using Shippsy to get your product into Canada [Markham/Mississauga].

anyone-try-shippsy-2394939/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
34 replies
Dec 14, 2011
564 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
Was in the market for a new set of grates to replace my old rusted out ones. Do these sit on top of my old ones and grill like regular?
Oct 5, 2006
354 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
416vtyou wrote: Was in the market for a new set of grates to replace my old rusted out ones. Do these sit on top of my old ones and grill like regular?
They sit on top and link together.
Dec 14, 2011
564 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
kidmen wrote: They sit on top and link together.
Awesome, time to bring my old grill back to life
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2744 posts
661 upvotes
Bought a few earlier this summer and am very happy with them. Sorry I missed these better deals, but I would recommend GrillGrates to anyone.

A couple of notes, was really impressed with Customer Service (I called re: backorder inquiry) and the no surprise delivery (it's expensive, but there were no extras on arrival).
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2139 posts
1054 upvotes
Montreal
One of the best gadget for steak connoisseurs
Jan 18, 2005
286 posts
82 upvotes
kidmen wrote: They sit on top and link together.
I completely replaced my cast iron grills on my Broil King with these as well so that works too.

Keep an eye at www.dicksonbbq.com too as well. They sometimes have sales on these and it's cheaper than with shipping and currency exchange.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2535 posts
752 upvotes
Winnipeg
If you put it on top of existing bbq grates, would it slide around? Is the idea behind this to make it more like an infrared bbq?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1536 posts
4788 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If you are in Calgary I have a set for sale (used a handful of times) that fits the Traeger Pro 575 (and many other grills)
Dec 29, 2007
529 posts
273 upvotes
Love mine but do find they take some time to heat up
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14254 posts
9024 upvotes
Markham
416vtyou wrote: Was in the market for a new set of grates to replace my old rusted out ones. Do these sit on top of my old ones and grill like regular?
You can do either ie on top or to replacement. If your old grates are rusted out, replace then with these.

Re Dickson BBQ, when they have a sale, price is better but stock is an issue for them sometimes because i don't think they restock often.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14254 posts
9024 upvotes
Markham
knapper wrote: Bought a few earlier this summer and am very happy with them. Sorry I missed these better deals, but I would recommend GrillGrates to anyone.

A couple of notes, was really impressed with Customer Service (I called re: backorder inquiry) and the no surprise delivery (it's expensive, but there were no extras on arrival).
So their shipping to Canada is all in?

Nov 11, 2007
580 posts
88 upvotes
What can you do if it’s your burner deflector rusted out?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17163 posts
19072 upvotes
Oakville
gr8dlr wrote: So their shipping to Canada is all in?
Duties and Taxes
In Canada GST is 5% and due on any order above the following thresholds. You can spend up to 20 CAD and not incur any duty or GST on your order. For courier shipments originating in the United States or Mexico you can spend up to $150 CAD and not incur any duty and $40 CAD and not incur GST. In addition, provincial taxes apply based on your location.
Last edited by engineered on Sep 2nd, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jan 17, 2009
37 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa
Ouch, I have had my eye on these for a while, but with $40 dollars in shipping no thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1193 posts
688 upvotes
Manitoba
LttlScamp wrote: I completely replaced my cast iron grills on my Broil King with these as well so that works too.
I replaced mine with a custom stainless stee grate made by someone local. It does not leave too much of the signature sear marks but I will not be worrying about seasoning the grates due to fear of rusting.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2204 posts
1411 upvotes
Kitchener
gr8dlr wrote: So their shipping to Canada is all in?
engineered wrote: No, it looks like duty is not included.
This was what it was to me in Ont

FedEx Canada (Duties & Taxes Included) (International Economy)$49.89
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1465 posts
1246 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I might order a custom griddle from grillgrates.

Would anyone suggest anything else to consider? I need a 15" x 11" one.
Jun 7, 2010
291 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Just did a check on pricing for a set of big green egg large grates. If shipping via shippsy (appears to be cheaper than crossborderpickups), total landed to mississauga for pickup is 110 including 15% discount, shippsy fee, hst and exchange at 1.28. Same item from dicksons shipped to my door is 99.99+ hst and free shipping - 113.99. I do believe the 4 bucks (and that's if no surprises with shippsy or exchange rates on credit card/paypal) is worth it for delivery to my door. I don't know if calculation holds for other models. https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/grillgrates
Jan 2, 2017
409 posts
444 upvotes
bradinvancouver wrote: Just did a check on pricing for a set of big green egg large grates. If shipping via shippsy (appears to be cheaper than crossborderpickups), total landed to mississauga for pickup is 110 including 15% discount, shippsy fee, hst and exchange at 1.28. Same item from dicksons shipped to my door is 99.99+ hst and free shipping - 113.99. I do believe the 4 bucks (and that's if no surprises with shippsy or exchange rates on credit card/paypal) is worth it for delivery to my door. I don't know if calculation holds for other models. https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/grillgrates
Are the ones from Dickson in better condition than the "factory second" versions from grillgrate. If yes, than the 4$ bucks savings isn't that important.