Sep 1, 2005
8802 posts
4003 upvotes
Markham

REAL HOT DEAL - GrillGrates Warehouse sale

Deal Link:
Retailer:
GrillGrates
If you love flare ups, if you love your food sticking to the grates, if you don't want grill marks....then don't buy this LOL. BTW even on sale, these are not cheap but they will make your grill game to another level IMO.
Google /Youtube for reviews if you want....everyone who has them gives them top marks.

Shipping is $8.95 within US...have no idea what it costs to get it to Cda. If you don't have a Amerifriend, consider services like www.crossborderpickups.com
Shipping to Canada seems to be around $30, not sure if duty or other taxes or brokerage on top or not.

This US deal is VERY HOT...don't think too long because the supply is very limited.

Act Fast!
​Our Semi-Annual
Warehouse Sale!

While they last, gear up with our Factory Seconds available to our best customers and biggest fans at an unbelievable discount*.

What is a Factory Second?
Perfectly usable products with color variations, minor scratches, dings and blemishes.

There are only a few GTA retailers that sell these. Dickson is one of them.
https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/grillgrates
Last edited by gr8dlr on Feb 20th, 2020 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
38 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1954 posts
746 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, literally just received my GrillGrate package last night.

Should have waited.
Feb 14, 2008
69 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
These things are awesome - have them on both my Kamado and propane BBQ.
May 26, 2007
950 posts
425 upvotes
Arnt these made of aluminum? I'm not sure how safe it is to cook food on ecspecially since aluminum had been linked to Alzheimer's.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8802 posts
4003 upvotes
Markham
insomnia77 wrote: Arnt these made of aluminum? I'm not sure how safe it is to cook food on ecspecially since aluminum had been linked to Alzheimer's.
GrillGrates are made from hard anodized aluminum- is that safe to cook on?

Hard anodized aluminum is perfectly safe to cook on.

This section was gleaned from studies by University of Clemson: Exposures to aluminum through food can occur when aluminum leaches or otherwise dissolves from the cookware into the food. Leaching is most likely when the foods being cooked or stored are highly basic (like baking soda) or highly acidic (like tomato sauce, lemon juice, oranges, or vinegar). For example, tomato sauce has been shown to contain 3-6 mg aluminum (per 100 g serving) after cooking in aluminum pans, which translates into about one-tenth of the typical daily intake. This leaching of aluminum with acidic foods does not happen with aluminum cookware that is anodized, or electro-chemically processed to seal the aluminum in the cookware. Clemson University Extension’s Home and Garden Information Center tested different cookware types, and found anodized aluminum cookware to be safe.

Anodized materials have an extremely long life span. Anodized surfaces do not chip or peel. Anodized aluminum is used to protect satellites from the harsh environment of space, to harden automotive racing parts against friction and heat, as well as for display cases, coolers, and grills for the food industry.

Mar 11, 2002
756 posts
185 upvotes
Strangely enough I was just looking at these on Youtube last night... Anyone have any idea what size Grill Grates to use on a Napoleon Prestige P450? I won't be in front of my grill for several hours..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6492 posts
357 upvotes
GT'eh
this is a hot deal, I've heard nothing but good things about these grills & picked up the grate tool for $5, just wasn't sure if I needed 3 or 4 grates, so just went with 3. Shipping only $8.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Apr 20, 2015
312 posts
52 upvotes
Brampton, ON
$40.07 USD shipping to Ontario
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3760 posts
342 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Was just about to submit an order, but sizes for my grill are OOS... does OP know how often they run these warehouse sales?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8802 posts
4003 upvotes
Markham
BD006 wrote: Was just about to submit an order, but sizes for my grill are OOS... does OP know how often they run these warehouse sales?
OP doesn't know how often....I subscribed to emails in November 2019 and this is the only one I've seen so far. When they do run the sale, Qty is pretty low though - see pic, this was in the email I got.
They did offer 15% off a couple of times (Blk Friday, Cyber Mon etc).

grat1Capture.JPG

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8802 posts
4003 upvotes
Markham
My grates were ordered just before posting and it's already shipped - to SF Cali in my case.

Oct 15, 2008
582 posts
136 upvotes
London
Is there nowhere that is cheaper locally in Canada, getting $118 USD after shipping, duty, tax. looking at the set for the old Genesis.
Mar 26, 2004
207 posts
98 upvotes
Ottawa
Smoking hot deal. These are grilling game changers.