PC & Video Games

Grim Dawn Definitive Edition for Xbox is coming on Dec. 3rd, 2021. Pre-Orders go live on Nov. 22nd

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2021 2:45 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3267 posts
6459 upvotes
London, Ontario

Grim Dawn Definitive Edition for Xbox is coming on Dec. 3rd, 2021. Pre-Orders go live on Nov. 22nd

Lots of us have been waiting years for this to come out and Crate just announced on Steam (and on Facebook) yesterday that the game is finally coming to Xbox. They also announced back on November 2nd on Facebook that the game had been certified and was waiting for a release date, but since I stopped checking the Grim Dawn page so much I missed that post and seeing this news on my Steam homepage when I signed in today was a breath of fresh air.

The Definitive Edition contains the game and all of the dlc and so far there is no mention of how much it'll cost, but we only need to wait 6 days to find out what that will be.

People on Facebook asked if the game is coming to PlayStation or Switch and Crate said they have no plans on releasing on other consoles at the moment, but who knows, maybe if they make some good money from Xbox sales they will consider other platforms as well. People also are wondering if the game will have local co-op, but my guess is that it won't. If it does, it'd be awesome though, but I doubt that it will. It's probably just a direct port.

According to Metacritic it's coming to Xbox One only and there doesn't seem to be a Series S/X version although because of backwards compatibility it will work for current gen. Are any of you excited about this news and are like me and have been waiting years for it to finally be announced?

Some people on Facebook also said that the full controller support on Steam is a bit lacking and they're hoping since Xbox needs to have that fully functional that those Xbox updates could make their way to Steam as well.
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Nov 16th, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 replies
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Grim Dawn is pretty cool, I had an awesome time with it and would definitely double dip. The controller support on Steam was kind of awful, I ended up using a Steam Controller instead an Xbox controller due to all of the issues. Definitely better off playing a character with fire and forget AoE or pet builds. AoE targeting in ARPGs remains a weak point with analog joysticks.

Anyways definitely will check it out, thanks for the heads up. I might start up a RFD games discord at some point soon too.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3267 posts
6459 upvotes
London, Ontario
Redmask wrote: Grim Dawn is pretty cool, I had an awesome time with it and would definitely double dip. The controller support on Steam was kind of awful, I ended up using a Steam Controller instead an Xbox controller due to all of the issues. Definitely better off playing a character with fire and forget AoE or pet builds. AoE targeting in ARPGs remains a weak point with analog joysticks.

Anyways definitely will check it out, thanks for the heads up. I might start up a RFD games discord at some point soon too.
I hope the Xbox port does well and that the controller support is good. And the discord idea sounds really cool!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
Good to see, Crate and Grim Dawn deserve more attention. I directly funded the game back before crowd funding sites even existed, when Crate was one guy working part time. Pretty wild ride from there to Grim Dawn being a real contender against Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.