• Apr 13th, 2020 6:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1732 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto

Groceries Online - help?

I have a colleague that needs help with groceries (shes much older and lives with her mom and needs help with groceries.
I offered her to pick up groceries for her but she wouldn't take my help, scared that I might get Covid-19 and she wouldn't be able to live with that.

Does anyone know how to order groceries online? Specifically from Bestco Foodmart? (Scarborough Town Center to Woodside mall area at Mccowen & Finch, she's near there)
I've seen tons of carts that are ready for pickup/delivery but I don't know how people do it at Bestco.

Hoping someone can help before I go there on the weekend to ask how it's done

Thanks in advance!
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1639 posts
396 upvotes
In Hiding
I don't know about Bestco, but Instacart will shop from T&T for a fee plus tip. More expensive than Bestco, but most items available. They deliver to your door on date/time you specify.

www.instacart.ca
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12541 posts
9769 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hi,

I don’t live in the GTA ... but wanted to try and help out if I could
Seeing as you are being so kind to someone else in need

(The Pay It Forward aspect )

I went to their website = https://www.bestcofoodmart.com/

Says ORDER ONLINE ... Under Construction / Not Available

I also did an extensive GOOGLE Search to see if their delivery was set up thru other options
And sadly, I found nothing Neutral Face

Guess you could phone the Scarborough Store to ask Questions
https://www.bestcofoodmart.com/contact.aspx

Or as @Catnippy suggested just use a different chain that does offer Pick Up or Delivery Service
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1732 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Catnippy wrote: I don't know about Bestco, but Instacart will shop from T&T for a fee plus tip. More expensive than Bestco, but most items available. They deliver to your door on date/time you specify.

www.instacart.ca
Thank you! this was awesome, sent it to her.
I tried using it myself and it worked well.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12541 posts
9769 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
n3o321 wrote: Thank you! this was awesome, sent it to her.
I tried using it myself and it worked well.
Glad to hear you found a workable solution
For both of you

I tip my hat to you ... another Community Hero in these tough times
May you both stay well, and can weather thru this storm ok.
Jun 6, 2014
140 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had the same question about Bestco as well. I see the people collecting things for online shoppers too. But where to order from?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4672 posts
300 upvotes
GTA
No one knows how to order online from bestco? What a mystery Grinning Face
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12717 posts
2145 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
n3o321 wrote: Does anyone know how to order groceries online? Specifically from Bestco Foodmart? (Scarborough Town Center to Woodside mall area at Mccowen & Finch, she's near there)
I've seen tons of carts that are ready for pickup/delivery but I don't know how people do it at Bestco.
Bestco Foodmart App allows online ordering. Bestco delivery is free. They do it themselves. I see them load up vans all the time. They have like a dozen peeps who walk around the store filling online orders. Appears only android users can install it. No app for iPhone users. Removed few yrs back.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o&hl=en_CA
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4672 posts
300 upvotes
GTA
aznnorth wrote: Bestco Foodmart App allows online ordering. Bestco delivery is free. They do it themselves. I see them load up vans all the time. They have like a dozen peeps who walk around the store filling online orders. Appears only android users can install it. No app for iPhone users. Removed few yrs back.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o&hl=en_CA
The app doesnt allow ordering.. clicking on ordering returns a blank screen..
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12717 posts
2145 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
ferkel wrote: The app doesnt allow ordering.. clicking on ordering returns a blank screen..
Guess we gotta call and ask how they do it. Yea, the app appears effed up. No wonder Apple removed it years ago.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12717 posts
2145 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
n3o321 wrote: Specifically from Bestco Foodmart? (Scarborough Town Center to Woodside mall area at Mccowen & Finch, she's near there)

Hoping someone can help before I go there on the weekend to ask how it's done

Thanks in advance!

Got it!! Called Bestco was transferred to some dude who barely speaks any english. Had to speak cantonese with the dude. Anyway, you have to know chinese and have Wechat app on your mobile. They sent me this QR code. Save file to album. Hit scan code in wechat. Choose from file and tap the bestco pic. Chat app opens. Here's where you need to know chinese. Hit follow and it brings you to a chat screen. At bottom hit left characters and launches the bestco food app. Choose foods you want and just follow the menus. No english version, you need to know chinese characters.

Bestco texted me this QR code. Save it to ur photo/album. Open wechat and add the QR code.

Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12541 posts
9769 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@aznnorth
Great Detective work!

Will definitely help some RFDers out, cuz I know this question about Bestco and Online Shopping / Delivery has come up before in the Forums
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12717 posts
2145 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
PointsHubby wrote: @aznnorth
Great Detective work!

Will definitely help some RFDers out, cuz I know this question about Bestco and Online Shopping / Delivery has come up before in the Forums

Food selection isnt that great. Store has way more shit than listed in wechat. Believe you can add it to whatsapp as well.

Apparently they must suck at app development. Bestco deleted from apple 5 yrs ago. lol. Android version doesnt work.