Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Grocery Flyer Highlights in the GTA (updated weekly)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2013 5:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North

[Apple] Grocery Flyer Highlights in the GTA (updated weekly)

Ok, I want to first say I hope I'm not stepping on DealCruzers toes for starting this thread. I've noticed DealCruzer the last while hasn't really updated thier thread till like the last 1-2 days of the sale. Not to say I don't appreciate all that DealCruzer has done because I greatly appreciated it and it did help me save money as well as I have used it often before. Before that I checked out Baconators thread.

I can't do this alone much like Baconator and DealCruzer they got help from the community posting the deals and they updated the main post to help everyone else. So what I'm saying is I need everyones help to post any deals they see and I'll add it to this main page.

You can download this weeks highlights to your PDA/phone/email here X pages. . [Link: Not Active]

*** DEC 13 - 19/2013 ***

[NoFrills:]

Flyer: http://nofrills.ca/LCLOnline/flyers_landing_page.jsp

-See other users thread

[Food Basics:]

Flyer: http://www.foodbasics.ca/en/circulaire.html

[Walmart:]

Flyer: http://flyers.walmart.ca/flyers/walmart ... un_id=3439

***Note their website says the stores close at 22:00 but when I asked in the store today (May 25-2012) they said all are opened till 23:00.

[Galati's:]

Flyer: http://galatimarketfresh.ca/GMF_Leslie_1.html

[Tone Tai:]

Flyer: http://foodymart.com/ *Note: Cash & debit card only (been there before and didn't know they did not take

credit cards*

[QUOTE]lazy_prodigy: Tone Tai does take credit cards, just not at all lanes. [/QUOTE]

-7D dried mangos 200g 3.98
-Tasimo coffee/tea selection 6.66
-Oasis juice series 2.63L 2.99
-Fresh pork back leg meat/ham hock .88
-Green beans .88
-Sunkist oranges .88
-Dole pineapple series canned .88
-Kikkoman soy/teriyaki sauce 2.28
-Brown betty coconut milk .66
-Redpath golden brown sugar series 1.88
-Robinhood flour series 2-2.5lb 3.88
-Chives .88
-Spanish sweet tangerines .78
-Chestnuts .98
-Long green pepper .98
-Angus new york beef steak 4.38

MON-THURS

-Fresh beef short ribs 2.88

[FoodyMart:]

Flyer: http://www.foodymart.com

[Sunny Supermarket:]

Flyer: www.sunnysupermarket.com *Note: IIRC Credit cards allowed on $20+ groceries*

-Fresh flank steak 2.97
-Astro original balkan style all natural yogurt 12x100g 2.97
-Oasis 100% premium/fairlee orange juice 300ml 5 for .97
-Fresh pork tenderlion 2.97
-Fresh whole chicken 5.97
-Thai gold frozen peeled and deveined shimp 61/70 count 6.57
-Garlic 3pc 4 for .97
-Fresh sunkist orange .77
-Fresh red papya .77
-Fresh jumbo sweet cantaloupe 1.77
-Cherry 4.57
-Andyboy romaine hearts 1.77

WED ONLY
-Fresh beef rib finger meat 5.57

[User feedback/updates :]

FOR PRICE MATCHING INFO CLICK [url=grocery-flyer-highlights-gta-updated-weekly-

1152182/3/#post14792697]HERE[/url] TO READ THE POSTING
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
201 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Spot reserved for notes/messages/etc]

I manually enter every item I see in the flyer which I think is a good deal. I'm not cut and pasting as IIRC I can't cut and paste off the stores e-flyer so sorry if it takes a while as I'm a sight typer and not a touch-typer so it takes a little longer.

Wow took a while to type that all out. Now I really appreciate all the efforts DealCruzer did in typing everything out when DealCruzer was doing the updates.

IF YOU HAVE A PDF CONVERTER PROGRAM LIKE SCANPORT (IIRC) FROM PAPERPORT YOU CAN PRINT THE TOP POSTING AS A PDF THEN EMAIL IT TO YOURSELF LIKE I DO. That way you view the PDF on you mobile device for those without a smartphone like me. I use an old oooold Apple iTouch G1 (v1.1.4) which takes like 2 mins to load this thread on wifi but once the PDF is saved and downloaded I can view it like a list while shopping for a quick overview. Hope that helps out some of the other people without smartphones. That's my work around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I'd make a little section here for emergency ideas. Price of food and stuff will only go up. I don't want to preach doom and gloom but would like to share some knowledge and info for emergencies so at least people can hold out longer ~72hrs - 7 days+. We're pretty lucky in the GTA to be shielded by many major disasters. I think because of this people don't prepare much but stuff happens like forces of nature and well lets all hope some nutjob does not try to make us all glow in the dark a la dirty nuke. My hope is that some of this knowledge and info can help in a positive way so people don't freak out if the lights are out and such.

Added Mar 17-2012

-Save your cans are reuse them as mini wood stoves for emergency stove use that uses little fuel and can be made with a swiss army knife or hammer/drill

http://gear-report.com/wp-content/uploa ... -stove.jpg for how it works.

http://zenstoves.net/Wood/Gasification.GIF -anoher better illustration

My audio is not playing and screwed up right now but IIRC this is a nice video to learn how to make one in about 10-20mins. Larger units can be made out of #10 metal cans or larger metal drums. Once you've made a few save a couple in the car for emergencies. :) Oh yes, If you do make a larger one (ie using the apple juice can) and have kids hehehe...it's a fun and good way to get them to collect (ackhem..clean the yard ;) ) for material to burn. If you use small cast iron pot/pans you can hold some nice heat for long cooking. ;) :D

It goes without saying if you're using a wood stove best to use it outside or a VERY well ventilated enclosure. I'm from the GTA and with all the high winds lately wood is in no short supply. If you live by a park or while going from work-home you can gather some small sticks and take it with you. Ample dry/dead wood in the GTA.

Added Mar 17-2012

Almost everyone has a knife at home. Some have a thicker backing then others but if you don't have an axe and happen to have some small 1-2" wood limbs around you could use a hunting knife or a chopping knife to split the wood down to smaller pieces for your mini (or large(r) ) wood gas stove. So easy a girl can do it like in the video and that's not a slight on girls but just meaning anyone fe/male that thinks chopping wood needs a lot of muscle even someone without much muscle like someone upper in the age of years could still split some wood and make some meals.

Added Mar 17-2012

[QUOTE](if you dehydrated the salmon say if you ate half a can you can mix that later with the rice at NoFrills in an emergency. A bag of rice could hold a family of 3-4 for a month..... watch and learn --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmmpg-XCU-k also learn the 'no can opener' technique)
[/QUOTE]

Learned something new each day. Did not know of that can opener technique till recently.

I think anyone can store up some small supplies if they stash away 1-$5/week or put that extra $5/week towards extra groceries and some supplies even a student or someone on a very tight/fixed budget can do and keep it as a backup plan.

May-19/2012

Grow your own veggies and herbs in a DIY, self watering ( :D ), portable grow box for $20.00 CDN. I'm sure this can be done with as little as a multitool if that is all you have. If you don't want to spend on a long PVC pipe or you found a PVC pipe and don't have enough for the small section cut offs at the bottom of the grow pot you could cut off the bottoms of 2L pop bottles (I don't think 500mL water bottle bottoms would fair well with the thin plastic with all that soil on top of it.

Stay safe and use gloves/safety glasses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 17/2012
Only No Frills it seems allows the 'accessiblities' to be viewed as text. All other companies to my knowledge and IIRC when I clicked on thier option did not show the text or even had the page there.

Sorry for the typos this Toshiba NB100 freezes (locks up) suddenly, an also it seems I strike all the keys correctly yet about 70% of the times I'm missing 30% keystokes. :( Cant afford a new laptop so I'm just working with what I have. Thanks to the forum member that suggested the assessiblity page thing. I find right now looking at the hard copy flyer and then typing it works for me as well with my computer issues I don't know when things will suddenly lock up. No this is not a software lock up. I've had it lock up before even when I was in the BIOS or even waiting for Ubuntu to load up on an external cd bay. I use winxp sp3 here.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2007
1147 posts
1683 upvotes
Oakville
St. Pattys day? so ?? you're expecting us to wait for your celebrations?The title is grocery and most people do their grocery on the weekend, eh?? By the time you're ready, the weekend is already over!!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1009 posts
70 upvotes
Shoppers Drug Mart:

18% Neilson cream, 500ml 99c
5% and 10% same price 99c

(coffee drinkers will find this useful!)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1053 posts
485 upvotes
TORONTO
Chicken wings at Loblaws today for 30 pack-$10.00
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
-Updating @ 11:34
-Still udating 12:38
-13:14 semi done galati's update. Photo tonight or tomorrow.

I got a massive headache right now (no it's not st. patties related as I got egged on last week by a user :( ) and I did as much as I could before stopping. Wasn't going to do the galatis update but saw the sat only deal and started. I gotta crash as my head is pounding.

For those viewing the thread please help out by being the eyes and writing down any instroe deals or store sepecifc location deals or what not. For those that did help out I thank you.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
-Updating 23:59
-Almost done the update. Just missing galati's flyer photo which I'll get in a day or two if I can find the camera.

Sunny Supermarket:

-Large eggs (1doz) -2 for 4.50
-Beatrice chocolate milk 1L-0.99
-Celery -0.79
-Egg plant -0.79
-Sweet Israel clementine -1.29
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
thedealhunter2000, we appreciate your efforts, but understand in the end many will still choose to view the actual flyer in case something they liked isnt listed here. The hours you spend on this I would kindly suggest would be best spent elsewhere.

I for one do appreciate your highlights of selected items.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
rageking wrote: thedealhunter2000, we appreciate your efforts, but understand in the end many will still choose to view the actual flyer in case something they liked isnt listed here. The hours you spend on this I would kindly suggest would be best spent elsewhere.

I for one do appreciate your highlights of selected items.
well I sort of see the point, but I don't check every flyer. If there is a killer deal on some items I would go out of my way to go to the stores. For example, items like Coffee and Peanut butter have nearly gone up by 100%, so I always watch out for deals on those.

This week Freshco has Kraft peanut butter 750/1000g $3
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
Heads up. Galati's has manager specials on it's produce (reduced cost). They range from grade A to grade C (firm to lightly soft) on apples, bell peppers (2 red/2 green) 1.47 or 1.49,fruit. I only got the peppers. IIRC the fruit/veg is all 1.47/.49. Most of the items I quickly skimmed over are in grade A condition that I saw. Avoid the last check out. That guy didn't pack the items well and the blueberries ended up cutting the bag. :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Bell Peppers is one of the worst offenders when it comes to pesticides. This veggy and celery, and any form of berries always buy organic.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
T&T Anniversary
Period 3/16 - 4/12/2012

Sratch N Save.

My dad was there and they gave him a card. I wasn't there. I just scratched it and got $3 off clear chicken broth when you buy 12cans x 398mL.

Not sure if the card is given out if you buy X amount of goods. Though I'd just mention that.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4071 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA North
Anyone bicycle to grocery shop? I'm on the hunt for panniers able to take weigh and bicycle trailers as well. Would love to hear the feedback from other users on what brand/model pannier ro trailer they are using and the pro/cons.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)