Expired Hot Deals

[Grosche.ca] Grosche Milano Stainless Steel Moka Pot 10oz $63.74 OR 2 free glasses

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 6:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
195 posts
276 upvotes

Grosche Milano Stainless Steel Moka Pot 10oz $63.74 OR 2 free glasses

Deal Link:
Price:
$63.74
Savings:
25% + 2pc
Retailer:
Grosche.ca
Somehow came out net positive from my cold brew post so figured I'd take another chance at messing with people's coffee brewing choices. Yes, your current method of choice still works despite the existence of this post, let's just agree to agree on that going in.

This is an espresso maker which brews vertically ... upwards. Vacuum technology in action! Ultimately low tech, though: add water, add grounds, put it on the heat and at some point later you have a nice tasty pot of espresso.

The Stainless version of their moka pots has been out of stock for a while but is now back in stock with a free pair of Turino espresso glasses ($23.99 value) while quantities last. The deal price in the subject comes from using the WELCOME25 code from signing up for their newsletter, that gets you 25% off your first purchase, the regular price of the 10oz pot is $84.99, $69.99 for the 6oz if a smaller version is preferred. Other users have confirmed that you can get either the free glasses or use the 25% off code. Amazon.ca has the 10oz at $83.99 if you'd rather save $1 instead of 25% off or the free glasses. If you decide to buy directly from Grosche check out their open box section, they have some deals on other items as well including a French Press with milk frother for about $14 after the 25% off, the discount covers your entire first cart so go big.

Grosche also has a retail store in downtown Guelph of all places if you wanted to check it out in person (Coffee & Tea Boutique), it's more of a tea (100s)/coffee(10s) place but they should sell the hardware catalogue items as well.

This stainless steel version of the pot IS COMPATIBLE with induction cooktops, it was basically designed for 'em.

I used their aluminum 9oz version for a few weeks, I liked it and the espresso it brewed well enough but my main issue was that it took 25 minutes to brew a pot on my electric coil stove. This is fine when you can plan ahead a bit for when you want a coffee but that turned out to be a weakness of mine, I was just going to the Keurig machine for immediate gratification until I started cold brewing. Yes, I replaced 25 minute lead time with 24 hours, yet somehow it's still working out.

The aluminum versions are cheaper (both Grosche as well as other brands, Amazon.ca has a bunch for comparison) but don't work with induction and aren't dishwasher-safe, the stainless version is both.

Also, as per the website (I have no idea what some of these are), "you can also use it as a Greca coffee maker, a cuban coffee maker, a stovetop espresso machine, or a Italian style coffee percolator." Can the aluminum ones make that claim? I don't know!

There are also cheaper stainless steel moka pots on Amazon.ca than even the sale price here but the Grosche has 4.5/5 stars, those ones do not and most are only 6 cup, only a few get to 9 and none that I can see go to 10. I'd prefer that it went to 11 but you can't have everything.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=stainless+ste ... eview-rank

(the Grosche pot indicated in the #3 spot is aluminum but the steel ones are in the same listing)

If you decide to buy one and it leaks while brewing, just screw it together tighter, it has a rubber gasket but it does require a solid join. Screw it in tighter and it should be fine.

EDIT: I should probably also mention that every purchase from Grosche provides 50+ days of fresh drinking water for those in need in case that moves any of you dealaholics:

https://grosche.ca/grosche-safe-water-project
Last edited by RaySmith on Jul 13th, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Nov 3, 2009
140 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thank you for this. BTW, WELCOME25 removes the free espresso glasses from my order. I guess it's either 25% off or free glasses, but not both.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2802 posts
1898 upvotes
What is the link for the $14 French press with milk frother. I cant find it.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2802 posts
1898 upvotes
kudret wrote: Thank you for this. BTW, WELCOME25 removes the free espresso glasses from my order. I guess it's either 25% off or free glasses, but not both.
Same thing was happening to me.

Now it doesn't add the glasses to the cart at all.

It looks like they just ship them automatically with every July order? Maybe...
Nov 3, 2009
140 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Third Eye wrote: Same thing was happening to me.

If you check the price you see that you are given $17.50 discount instead. If you delete the coupon, you get the glasses back.
Third Eye wrote:
I hope so, but seriously doubt it.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1266 posts
416 upvotes
Montreal,QC
I follow James hoffman (UK barista champion) on YT (LINK) he suggests to put hot water so it speeds up process and not slowly steam your coffee.

I bought a stainless one at Stokes years ago for 30$. surprised to see it's a little bit more expensive now.

it works on my portable induction stove. it takes minutes now with the hot water method.

to solve the problem with aluminum cookware and induction, they sell metal plates to put in between
Nov 6, 2013
381 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hm, too bad. I've seen the 25% off deal several times, but never this glass set. Too bad it seems like it's one or the other. I guess $8 each for the glasses is probably a decent price.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3743 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a reason to go with the stainless steel version? The aluminum 6-cup one is $33, and 9-cup one is $40. Is the SS one worth nearly twice the price other than induction friendly?
Aug 29, 2018
293 posts
367 upvotes
Just to clarify: it's espresso in the sense that it is somewhat faster than drip, but the end result has nothing to do with you get from an espresso machine. The water goes through the grinds with barely more than 1bar of pressure (as opposed to 5 bars or more for espresso) and it makes a much more voluminous coffee.

It's not uninteresting, but for me this more similar to drip than it is to espresso. Or at least a strong drip.

Also, i'm not sure about tje benefits of SS as opposed to aluminum from an end product POV.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1266 posts
416 upvotes
Montreal,QC
thephenom wrote: Is there a reason to go with the stainless steel version? The aluminum 6-cup one is $33, and 9-cup one is $40. Is the SS one worth nearly twice the price other than induction friendly?
dishwasher if you're into that
Nov 3, 2009
140 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal, QC
pbeutch wrote: It's not uninteresting, but for me this more similar to drip than it is to espresso. Or at least a strong drip.

Also, i'm not sure about tje benefits of SS as opposed to aluminum from an end product POV.
Yes, it is more like a very strong drip, which I like a lot with milk.

I have the 6-cup Bialetti but, I've always been weary of using aluminum. SS is more for my peace of mind than anything else.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
195 posts
276 upvotes
kudret wrote: Thank you for this. BTW, WELCOME25 removes the free espresso glasses from my order. I guess it's either 25% off or free glasses, but not both.
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't actually finish the checkout so I missed that.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
195 posts
276 upvotes
thephenom wrote: Is there a reason to go with the stainless steel version? The aluminum 6-cup one is $33, and 9-cup one is $40. Is the SS one worth nearly twice the price other than induction friendly?
Aside from induction capability, it'd be dishwasher-safeness for stainless. That's worth $30 to me, sadly, I try really hard not to have to hand-wash things, especially things that can be tough for me to fit my hands into. Should also help with the durability, the aluminum funnel thingie that holds the grounds always felt a bit flimsy to me, a stainless version would have made me a lot more confident in the long run.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8993 posts
13230 upvotes
RaySmith wrote: Thanks for the clarification, I didn't actually finish the checkout so I missed that.
Sooooooo.... Maybe you could change the title of your post? ;)
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
195 posts
276 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Sooooooo.... Maybe you could change the title of your post? ;)
Never even thought of it. Done, including tweaking the body text.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2018
195 posts
276 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: What is the link for the $14 French press with milk frother. I cant find it.

Thanks!
https://grosche.ca/product/cafe-au-lait ... -open-box/

Only the red option seems to be available.

$14 would be after the 25% discount ($18 regularly open box) based on how my original post framed it. I also just noticed that it's showing $USD for me so it may be a few bucks more in $CDN.
Nov 3, 2009
140 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Third Eye wrote: Same thing was happening to me.

I received my order today. Unfortunately without any glasses. :( There is no spare silicone gasket included either.

On the positive they look stunning - I bought two, one with black bottom and SS top, and another with SS bottom and black top.