Expired Hot Deals

[grosche.ca] Grosche "Portland" Glass Pour Over Coffee Maker with double layer metal filter - 75% off - $15.00

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 11:27 am
Sep 14, 2007
869 posts
278 upvotes
What's the difference between this and an Aeropress? How does it affect the coffee taste?
I'd get this for 15, but not 25, and I don't feel like spending 35 of filler just to buy a $15 item which I wasn't even considering before I saw this thread. Rfd why you do this all the time?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6351 posts
177 upvotes
Etobicoke
Does any one know if the "Ultramesh" filters any differently from this metal permanent filter? --> https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/one- ... 6843p.html

This filter fits in my coffee machine so I have the convenience of using my existing coffee machine (automatically boils water to the correct temperature, slow drip rate, timer, not another gadget in my kitchen, etc.). And makes 6 cups. But coffee doesn't taste as good as my French Press (which only makes 4 cups and is manual). So if the "Portland" Ultramesh filter makes better coffee, it may be worth switching to Portland despite the very manual process.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5234 posts
984 upvotes
Toronto
I already have a pour over but still want to get this.
#rfdeffect
Jan 18, 2005
160 posts
83 upvotes
Man, these new fangled technology are amazing. I hope one day we can enhance these to automatically pour the water.

I saw something like this in a futuristic movie once. https://pin.it/6S2VtNY
Sep 4, 2016
220 posts
289 upvotes
Sold out of the Portland pouring model.... what a shame. I wasted 10 minutes picking stuff to get to free shipping before it told me they weren't available. Other model not worth it IMO
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2942 posts
1665 upvotes
Thanks. Portland was sold out but Seattle is good for us. Added a few things. We already wanted the get some water pitchers so got some and a few odds and ends for free shipping.
Aug 31, 2009
749 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
I am a coffee head. I ground my beans with manual grinder daily. I personally own aeropress, chemex, hario v60, and french press. I personally like and prefers paper filter. When the coffee oil is filtered out it taste very clean.
Oct 13, 2013
30 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Portland back in stock, just placed order.
Jan 27, 2007
762 posts
198 upvotes
Calgary
zjmzzz wrote: Portland back in stock, just placed order.
Just finalized my order as well, thanks