Expired Hot Deals

[grosche.ca] Grosche "Portland" Glass Pour Over Coffee Maker with double layer metal filter - 75% off - $15.00

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 11:27 am
Jul 4, 2009
344 posts
186 upvotes
Hey guys, just a warning/heads up. The coupon "WELCOME25" ONLY applies to regular priced items. So the Portland/Seattle pour overs currently on sale, and any other discounted item (like open boxed items), this coupon does not apply. It is written in the fine print of the coupon email.
Mar 4, 2019
35 posts
12 upvotes
He he... I'm not great at being patient... anybody have their orders shipped yet? I'm curious about shipping time; I'm heading on a trip this weekend.
Aug 19, 2018
91 posts
11 upvotes
RyanJ52506 wrote: He he... I'm not great at being patient... anybody have their orders shipped yet? I'm curious about shipping time; I'm heading on a trip this weekend.
I'm in the same boat. Still nothing even today. I wont be home next week. Not sure if I need to tell my neighbour to grab it or not...
Nov 7, 2007
719 posts
429 upvotes
This doesn't answer your question exactly but I did contact them to add an item to me order. They asked I create a separate order and then they email back to state they will now ship the two orders together.
Jun 20, 2020
20 posts
9 upvotes
I received my shipping notification email at 8:30 this morning.

The email lists the tracking number as a note added onto the order, and I received a FedEx email several hours later. You're able to change the delivery date or location through this email.

My order is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday, August 11, 2020.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2944 posts
1668 upvotes
My order just arrived today with ant info about it being sent!

Came packed very nicely in a box. Also the packaging for each item is good. They know their packaging.

That said, this stuff is light and feels very fragile so it will take some care.

Also the one teapot I have has some very sketchy cuts for the diffuser part, but it should be ok. Can't wait to try out some of this stuff.

Overall very happy with the company's job in getting this to me and the price paid.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19901 posts
5274 upvotes
Off the 404
Akitakara wrote: For those of you that have received the Portland Glass Pour. What are your thoughts on it? How's the taste of the coffee?

Anyone happen to know the different between the Portland (back now, but $2.99 more) vs. the Seattle Drip Coffee Maker?

https://grosche.ca/product/seattle-drip-coffee-brewer/
I got both, one is more for single servings (600ml max), the other is 1000ml. Their filter is also different. I will take some pics.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2919 posts
895 upvotes
Ottawa
coriolis wrote: I got both, one is more for single servings (600ml max), the other is 1000ml. Their filter is also different. I will take some pics.
Thank you!

Do you find any difference in terms of the resulting cup of coffee, though?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19901 posts
5274 upvotes
Off the 404
Akitakara wrote:
Thank you!

Do you find any difference in terms of the resulting cup of coffee, though?
I've only used the Portland, so I can't say.

Portland filter has a fine mesh screen, it is also shorter and wider.

Seattle is taller and narrower, has a metal filter with little holes drilled in a pattern.

Edit:

Unfortunately I have zero experience with pour over, this replaced my french press that I cracked and continued using haha. I find that the Portland filters out the coffee 'dust' fairly well, I grind medium-coarse on a burr grinder. I usually use Coarse on a french press and still usually get some residue at the bottom of a mug.

I will try the Seattle tomorrow. I use 25g of coffee to 400ml of water ratio. The 1000ml is a good size, I usually make about 700ml for two people, or three.

I am not sure why i got both, but its RFD. I may give the other away to a family member.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by coriolis on Aug 10th, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2017
579 posts
788 upvotes
Vancouver
bibowski wrote: Honest question... but why not get one of these?

https://www.amazon.ca/Harold-2662-Coffe ... 6330&psc=1

I've had one for decades and it's fine.
Some of it has to do with the aesthetics of the glass pourover container and the fact that they need to do more than 1 cup of coffee at a time. If you're the only coffee drinker in the family or live alone then the one you posted is perfectly fine and the most economical way to get into pourover coffee. However, if you have a family or significant other that drinks coffee then having the glass container makes more sense.

Different strokes for different folks. There's no real "better" option as it's just up to what your personal needs are.
Jul 4, 2009
344 posts
186 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
I am not sure why i got both, but its RFD.
The first rule of RFD is "buy first, ask questions later". ;)
Jun 18, 2009
55 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
coriolis wrote: Their site is under attack by RFD. God have mercy.
I've arrived too late. It doesn't appear to have survived.
Oct 24, 2010
84 posts
82 upvotes
Great White North
Thanks OP. Could not resist this one. 2 Seattle's, 1 Portland and 1 Maui Elegant Water Pitcher with Lid to get the free ship. I appreciate your post.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1062 posts
1173 upvotes
With these metal filters, can you still use a paper filter? I like that the paper removes some of the oil and easier to clean.