None
[OP]
Nov 3, 2012
5 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto

[Pizza Pizza] Groundhog Day deal.. 50% off pizza

50% off pizza at pizza pizza tomorrow only

To get the sale, you'll need to use coupon code 50OFF either online or on the mobile app.
Last edited by RFDSimon on Feb 1st, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Pizza Pizza link
42 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10700 posts
1396 upvotes
Brampton
Will it work on pannzerottis or just pizza?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Aug 8, 2007
504 posts
342 upvotes
Are there any PP tricks like there are for dominos to maximize your cost per topping?

I haven’t had PP since our last corporate pizza party and that’s coming up to a year so I have forgotten how good/bad it tastes so might be time for the once a year taste trial.

I seem to recall it was just below Papa John’s and Costco’s “last piece on the tray”, but better than nothing.
Jan 24, 2010
78 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
Patrickpete wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Too bad the pizza pizza near where I'm currently staying sucks, taste like cardboard, while the one near my ajax home taste awesome. I used to think people were over blowing the cardboard joke; not so funny nowExpressionless Face

I wonder how does the quality vary so much between locations; thought the cooking process is supposed to be standardize.
I always hated the south Ajax Pizza Pizza cardboard pizza, until I figured out how to make better... Cheese on top, then if you want add extra toppings and extra cheese and you have something special. I always order Dominos on Mondays as they have 50% off, but Pizza Pizza with cheese on top matches local (original) Pizza Pino's taste Winking Face
Mar 31, 2013
209 posts
126 upvotes
Sherwood Park
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Are there any PP tricks like there are for dominos to maximize your cost per topping?

I haven’t had PP since our last corporate pizza party and that’s coming up to a year so I have forgotten how good/bad it tastes so might be time for the once a year taste trial.

I seem to recall it was just below Papa John’s and Costco’s “last piece on the tray”, but better than nothing.
Dominos maximizing tricks... I'm listening :D
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1684 posts
149 upvotes
can you use future delivery with this deal? thanks!
Nov 11, 2020
8 posts
6 upvotes
Patrickpete wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Too bad the pizza pizza near where I'm currently staying sucks, taste like cardboard, while the one near my ajax home taste awesome. I used to think people were over blowing the cardboard joke; not so funny nowExpressionless Face

I wonder how does the quality vary so much between locations; thought the cooking process is supposed to be standardize.
Which location in Ajax??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8999 posts
5407 upvotes
Toronto

I always get thin crust to reduce the cardboardy-ness, extra sauce can also help.

Also dominos has 50% off mondays, get a big pizza and have leftovers for Tuesday.
Sep 27, 2020
118 posts
77 upvotes
NS
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Are there any PP tricks like there are for dominos to maximize your cost per topping?
PP counts half toppings as being actual half? If that counts.

Say you order a 3 topping, you can split that up to left and right side.
Technically use 6 different toppings between the left/right.

Left: Pepperoni, beef, bacon, salami
Right: ham, pineapple
(Example^ counts as only 3 toppings used)

Great if you're ordering to share with differing preferences.

Tho tbh not a big fan of their toppings or dough anymore, its alright once in awhile.

Their every day $9 L pepperoni pickup special is probably the best choice from there imo.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2734 posts
3058 upvotes

PP is actually horrid everywhere. While their ingredients are usually fresh, they achieve the lethal trifecta for a bad pizza - bad crust (cardboard), bad sauce (bland), bad cheese (does not use rennet so its rubber texture). This is why it's systematically bad everywhere. Back in the 90s, they were actually good (better crust, cheese had rennet so had a gooey texture) and their squares usuallly rocked.

The only thing I still really like from them is their fried panzo, best when it's made fresh to order and has a light golden colour, rather than the darker yellow second coat it acquires while being reheated. But you gotta watch those clever workers, sometimes they reheat to save time/costs, especially later at night...one trick to discourage that is to add a free ingredient like chilli flakes. They used to have a mean veal sandwich too, don't know why they discontinued that. But their pizza and slices are a joke, I'd literally rather have Casa-di-Mama, which must be the ultimate insult for a pizza joint.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3380 posts
1809 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote:
Also dominos has 50% off mondays, get a big pizza and have leftovers for Tuesday.
Domino's by me: Even better, almost every week I'm seeing Monday through Wed. And don't forget, every order over $10 counts toward a free medium two topping pizza (1/6th). We do an XL two topping pizza which is just over $10.

Another trick: Premium topping on only one half doesn't seem to increase the price (It does if two half's, or a whole, of premium topping)
Images
  • Screenshot_20210202-044833.png
  • Screenshot_20210202-045620.png
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1131 posts
2473 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Will it work on pannzerottis or just pizza?
Yeah idk what people are going off about, this is the only real question.

Edit: no panzos, no specialty pizzas (keto, gluten free, cauliflower crust, etc). Pretty lame as those crusts are the most expensive and panzos are their best item.
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Feb 2nd, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 6, 2013
394 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sonbuster wrote: can you use future delivery with this deal? thanks!
Curious about this, too!
Mar 26, 2012
199 posts
63 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Domino's
Yeah their 50% off code for Monday-Wednesday works for me and its my go to pizza because of this.

Thanks for the info extra toppings on half the pizza, I'll try it out.

One thing I noticed is that 'extra cheese' is the same price as 'double cheese' but then they put less. As a cheese lover, I felt it was my civic duty to expose this potential crime against humanity haha.
Sep 23, 2012
175 posts
148 upvotes
White Rock BC
If I eat one each day, by the 3rd I'm gonna be huge
I'm 50% of a wit
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2716 posts
615 upvotes
Scarborough
This is good pizza only after a hangover
Jun 11, 2008
79 posts
16 upvotes
Pizza Pizza is such a hit or a miss. The last time I ordered, the pizza tasted amazing. I just ordered a pizza with this promo and it tastes terrible. Won't be ordering anymore.
Mar 25, 2013
509 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
These guys are smart. They know everyone is trying to start the year off healthy so they go and put out amazing promos haha.
DroidKid