• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2019 7:18 pm
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
158 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Groundwire + voip.ms delayed SMS

Hello, anyone else have this issue when receiving or sending SMS to another cell, the other cell has a delay in receiving. Also when another cell sends to my cell ,there is a delay in when I get it. I contacted both support for Groundwire and Voip.ms but it looks like there isn't much that can be done at the moment. The delay is like 30 sec to 1 minute.
4 replies
Temp. Banned
Feb 28, 2005
3169 posts
1184 upvotes
Montreal
why isn't 1 minute good enough?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Mar 3, 2010
1 posts
Please let me know how you set up sms and your settings. All of my sms’es are being delivered text to landline. Hmmmm....
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1406 posts
286 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I have the same setup, Groundwire and voip.ms but I find the free text app voip.ms is much more reliable than Groundwire for receiving texts. Sometimes Groundwire doesn't get them at all, but 100% with the voip app.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Dec 4, 2017
477 posts
187 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: I have the same setup, Groundwire and voip.ms but I find the free text app voip.ms is much more reliable than Groundwire for receiving texts. Sometimes Groundwire doesn't get them at all, but 100% with the voip app.
Agreed. For the OP, the app is for Android only, and it can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_CA

I think that this app never fails because it detects communication errors with the server and automatically retries to synchronise after a minute or so, and voip.ms' SMS service seems to have quite a few transient errors. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a reported error in months now. Maybe they fixed it.

Note that there is a similarly-named app for iOS that is of a completely different origin.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)