• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 1:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
3087 posts
558 upvotes

Group messaging with iphone 7+ and Bell

I have the iphone 7+ and Bell Mobility, and I can't seem to get the group text messaging to work. I receive group texts, but when I reply, its only to the 1 person that send that text.
I checked my Settings, messages, and I don't have the group messaging option available?
Is that feature available with the Iphone and Bell?
2 replies
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
I think what you're trying to refer to is iMessage, which is integrated with the Messages app in iOS, and can be used for group messaging - provided everyone in the group is using iOS. You should check to make sure iMessaging is turned on.
Oct 17, 2017
1 posts
it is not iMessage. iMessage is when you are group messaging between multiple iOS devices only, you will know because the bubble is blue. This has nothing to do with the carrier as you don't even need to be on a phone to use it.

What you are looking for is Group MMS (which is an option that should appear in Messages under your Setting). However Bell does not allow this for what ever reason, even though all other Canadian carriers do not seem to have a problem with it. So if you want to group message with people who are not all on an iPhone, don't use Bell.