Computers & Electronics

Grouped tabs feature for Google Chrome (beta)

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 7:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4962 posts
3126 upvotes
Burnaby

Grouped tabs feature for Google Chrome (beta)

Chrome will start rolling out the ability to organize tabs into groups, which could make keeping tidy on the web a lot simpler.

The grouped tabs feature is currently available in the Chrome Beta and, according to Google’s blog post, it will start rolling out to the real world in the next couple weeks. If you want to try it now, however, you can type: chrome://flags/#tab-groups into your browser and enable it manually. When it’s in place, the right-click menu will give you an option to create a group. You can apply colored filters, give them names, and organize them however you see fit.

According to Google, many of the early testers have chosen to organize their tabs by topic, which sounds rather handy. Others, however have grouped tabs by priority. Personally, I’ve been grouping them by task, so all the tabs I needed for a post (research, docs, our content management system), all live in one place.
^ Read it at PopSci.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion advertising]
Insert here list of companies with referral programs
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4427 posts
1332 upvotes
I have been using this nice feature for a few weeks. I wish it could support collapse/expand a tab group. I have group tabs for work, which I wish to hide at the end of the day.
signature closed for renovation
Oct 14, 2009
692 posts
252 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
Just use Vivaldi, which already had this feature a long time ago, and is a better browser.