Hot Deals

[Groupon Canada] AirPods (2nd Gen.) w/ Wireless Charging Case $223.99 + 5% off + 8% EBATES

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2019 10:20 am
[OP]
Jan 10, 2017
30 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Groupon Canada] AirPods (2nd Gen.) w/ Wireless Charging Case $223.99 + 5% off + 8% EBATES

$223.99, plus use the promo code "SAVE25", or "SAVE50" (the actual discount won't work) BUT triggers Groupon to give you a "special discount" of 5% off up to $50.

Combine with EBATES / RAKUTEN for 8% Cash back. I also think it might be possible to price match to other retailers too? Can someone help me confirm?

Your order should look like this:
SubtotalC$223.99
Shipping & Handling C$5.99 - I live in BC
Est. Taxes C$26.26
Customs DutyC$0.00
Special discount – 5% off, up to $50 -C$11.2
Order Total:C$245.04
24 replies
Jun 1, 2007
419 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like good deal.

I’ve never gotten electronics from groupon. No issues with it being refurb or proper Apple warranty ? Any extra charges since it seems like coming from USA ?
Mar 29, 2005
31 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Seems too good to be true ... Since its Groupon i'm skeptical about the authenticity of the seller .. especially since there are no groupon reviews on the item. Good price though esp with 5% off . Ebates/Rakuten will be 2% not 8% as since would not fall under " Local Activities, Dining, Health, Beauty & Spas" to receive the 8%
Oct 19, 2019
64 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
I just put info in and it came to $260 all in (shipping for ON is also 5.99), so pretty much you waive the tax for the order. Unsure if this is the best deal as BF is coming up. Man sometimes i'm so jealous with people in America. These airpods are on sale for $144+ tax (which is ~200cad) and they can even get it for cheaper if they live in states like Delaware which is tax exempt. And we are out here paying $260 and it is the best deal we have in a while :(
[OP]
Jan 10, 2017
30 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if I can try to PM at Best Buy or The Source. Cause the value is in CAD, so it might be worth a shot.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1514 posts
911 upvotes
Calgary
Aren’t the new AirPods Pro being released in a couple weeks?
Seems like a sketchy time to be buying air pods.
Jun 7, 2017
884 posts
2033 upvotes
New Brunswick
Suthek wrote:
Oct 21st, 2019 10:37 pm
When they're predicting the Pro price to exceed $300, I'd say there's still a market for these guys
Oct 19, 2019
64 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Suthek wrote:
Oct 21st, 2019 10:37 pm
Yes but its just a rumor. Plus according to the rumors, this new version will cost $260 USD, which then makes the price in canada to be at least 329 cad. So with tax we are looking at ~370. I'm sure there will definitely be people who would much prefer to spend 200ish instead of close to 400. And don't forget the new design may not be the one that people like, just like the new iphone 11 pro/pro max.
Nov 8, 2018
44 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
unimpressive wrote:
Oct 21st, 2019 10:17 pm
I wonder if I can try to PM at Best Buy or The Source. Cause the value is in CAD, so it might be worth a shot.
fairly certain BB doesn't price match Groupon
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1968 posts
1887 upvotes
I have a brand new pair still in seal in Moncton for 200.00 we won them in a facebook contest but we don't want to give those things to our daughter she already has like 5 pairs of headphones and it is too expensive.
Sep 21, 2019
42 posts
38 upvotes
I don't get it, there are sub 100 tws earbuds that sound better and look better than airpods. Airpods look like an incomplete product, the way the stem sticks out like that. And those classic style, non ear plugging models don't have sound isolation. I always snicker at those thinking they're hot shit wearing just one in one ear. The Beats pro ones would be a better option if you just want apple crap.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1502 posts
1369 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Kagaho wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 7:27 am
I don't get it, there are sub 100 tws earbuds that sound better and look better than airpods. Airpods look like an incomplete product, the way the stem sticks out like that. And those classic style, non ear plugging models don't have sound isolation. I always snicker at those thinking they're hot shit wearing just one in one ear. The Beats pro ones would be a better option if you just want apple crap.
It's obvious you've never owned them.. They're honestly not for me (i bought and returned them) but i can definitely see the appeal. They pair super easily with Apple products, have incredible call quality, and are very very comfortable. There's a reason you see them everywhere. Looks are objective and the people buying these generally don't list sound quality as their #1 priority.

Never will understand those who come in every Apple post just to shit on the product/price/marketing/etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1514 posts
911 upvotes
Calgary
BranCracker wrote:
Oct 21st, 2019 11:07 pm
When they're predicting the Pro price to exceed $300, I'd say there's still a market for these guys
catlover1299 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2019 11:49 pm
Yes but its just a rumor. Plus according to the rumors, this new version will cost $260 USD, which then makes the price in canada to be at least 329 cad. So with tax we are looking at ~370. I'm sure there will definitely be people who would much prefer to spend 200ish instead of close to 400. And don't forget the new design may not be the one that people like, just like the new iphone 11 pro/pro max.
I’m more thinking they’d likely price drop these after the new release. Just like how the XR price dropped after the release of the next gen.