Expired Hot Deals

[Groupon Canada] YMMV - Groupon email offer 25% off spas, restaurants, things to do etc

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2017 7:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 1, 2017
261 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Groupon Canada] YMMV - Groupon email offer 25% off spas, restaurants, things to do etc

UPDATE: 25% off spas, restaurants, things to do etc. Valid until Dec 31. Code 25EXTRA. One per person and non-transferrable.

EXPIRED: $10 off for purchases $11+

Probably targeted. Hope it works for you and happy holidays!
Images
  • Capture+_2017-12-30-05-31-03.png
Last edited by aintic on Dec 28th, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
7 replies
Jul 31, 2017
795 posts
211 upvotes
If it works, it means it was sent to us and it's hidden in our inbox somewhere.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2017
261 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BritishColumbian wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 5:28 am
If it works, it means it was sent to us and it's hidden in our inbox somewhere.
You're right. Some of my Groupon emails are marked as spam and end up unnoticed all the time.
Jul 31, 2017
795 posts
211 upvotes
I have a question... a big one. I heard retailers get 50% of the value of coupon when the customer. What happens when there is a coupon applied? Does that come out of the 50% they get, or does Groupon foot the bill?
[OP]
Apr 1, 2017
261 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BritishColumbian wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 2:36 pm
I have a question... a big one. I heard retailers get 50% of the value of coupon when the customer. What happens when there is a coupon applied? Does that come out of the 50% they get, or does Groupon foot the bill?
I don't know about Groupon specifically. But i think normally when a generic coupon is offered for everything or certain categories, the intermediaries would foot the bill. I noticed that my Just Eat promos often don't show up on the restaurant's receipt. The discount is only shown on Just Eat's receipt sent through email. So I would guess that sites such as Groupon and JustEat absorb the coupon's cost.
Nov 26, 2015
694 posts
403 upvotes
Ontario
BritishColumbian wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 2:36 pm
I would think it comes out of groupons share. The retailers agreed to offer something at a discount while at the same time only get 50% of the discounted value. The other 50% is cost of advertisement. Since this is a promo by Groupon, it would be cost of advertisement for Groupon.

This is my assumption.
May 18, 2007
388 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Groupon is on my companys-that-are-evil list after they decided that the >$50 in credit that was in my account should just vanish... without warning they just decided to 'expire' the credit. Their customer service - which used to be great - isn't so much any more.

Considering that their stock is worth just 1/5 what is was frankly I'm surprised they still exist.
Jun 22, 2006
303 posts
24 upvotes
"Sorry, this code can’t be applied from this account. Make sure you’re logged into the same account that received it."

Seems like a dead deal to me.