Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Groupon Canada

Montreal Grand Prix 3 Day Pass

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2016 2:30 pm
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1290 posts
519 upvotes
nice deal .... if it was 3 weeks later, for sure i will be buying this :(
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I wish I could go - son has a baseball tournament that weekend. Great deals.

Ah well...
Apr 9, 2007
30 posts
3 upvotes
Terrace
GA and stand 31 tickets don't offer good views for the race. But nonetheless still an amazing deal for F1 tickets.
Jul 28, 2011
256 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
As a long time F1 fan, who was introduced to Indy Car racing when moved to Canada some time ago, I would say that even with a Groupon pricing this event is overvalued. The value, fun, openness, racing, is tremendously better in Indy Car racing events. Drivers in all categories are more approachable, you can get a ton of freebees, there's a ton of fun for kids as well. I still enjoy watching F1 but Indy Car racing showed me how events should value their fans.
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
what kind of views should we be expecting for stand 31?
darkbryant wrote: GA and stand 31 tickets don't offer good views for the race. But nonetheless still an amazing deal for F1 tickets.
Oct 15, 2013
956 posts
1387 upvotes
There are youtube vids on all stands and there is good advice here: http://grandprixadvisor.com/index.php/c ... a-montreal

I think the shopico link (which looks part of Bell so is legit, even though the website is amateur hour) is the one to go for. I wouldn't pay $200 on the groupon one to sit in stand 31 personally, perhaps the shopico price I would, you see the cars very briefly and there is likely no real action going on there. In damper conditions or if the drivers are feeling particularly aggressive you are more likely to get overtaking or bumps happening at the view of stand 33 imho.

Btw shopico have stand #1 for $290. If this was the only time I'd ever go to the GP in Montreal I'd go for that instead. It's overlooking the pit and the start line.

Don't even think about going general admission, you won't see anything and it will be hot and overcrowded. Watch at a bar instead.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
charliegee wrote: Don't even think about going general admission, you won't see anything, it will be hot and overcrowded. Watch at a bar instead.
Yea, those are never hot and overcrowded :)
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1506 posts
1351 upvotes
Ottawa
Any viewing areas for GA? Are there any open seating areas or is it SRO? Are there still places to sit and relax as you wander around? I used to go to the Toronto Indy race in the 90s, but haven't been for years. Yes, I've done GA there, as well as ticketed grandstand seating, so I sort of know what to expect for Montreal.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3377 posts
978 upvotes
Calgary
charliegee wrote: There are youtube vids on all stands and there is good advice here: http://grandprixadvisor.com/index.php/c ... a-montreal

I think the shopico link (which looks part of Bell so is legit, even though the website is amateur hour) is the one to go for. I wouldn't pay $200 on the groupon one to sit in stand 31 personally, perhaps the shopico price I would, you see the cars very briefly and there is likely no real action going on there. In damper conditions or if the drivers are feeling particularly aggressive you are more likely to get overtaking or bumps happening at the view of stand 33 imho.

Btw shopico have stand #1 for $290. If this was the only time I'd ever go to the GP in Montreal I'd go for that instead. It's overlooking the pit and the start line.

Don't even think about going general admission, you won't see anything and it will be hot and overcrowded. Watch at a bar instead.
That's very good advice. In addition to seeing 2.5 second tire changes you also have good view of the last DRS zone and of the crazy chicane before the start line.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1768 posts
2593 upvotes
Would have been a hot deal 20 years ago. F1 sucks now. :(
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1506 posts
1351 upvotes
Ottawa
charliegee wrote: I did GA for Mtl GP once. Never again.
Could you elaborate? View? Crowding? Seating? Walking? Food? Displays? Anything?
Oct 15, 2013
956 posts
1387 upvotes
jayoldschool wrote: Could you elaborate? View? Crowding? Seating? Walking? Food? Displays? Anything?
Like it says in the link I posted:

Grandstand sitting is very much recommended in Montreal. General admission viewing areas are obstructed by trees, separated from the track by high walls, rather small and overcrowded. We would only advise people measuring 6'4 or above (193 cm) to choose general admission over grandstand tickets for comfort reasons.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1506 posts
1351 upvotes
Ottawa
Oops, missed your link, thank you. I'm 6'7"... so that complicates things. Sitting with my knees around some stranger's shoulders in a grandstand is not fun.

I'm just outside Ottawa, close enough to make the drive back and forth each day to a subway stop. For a little over 20 bucks a day admission... it might be worth it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)