Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:16 pm
May 23, 2017
2 posts
I am assuming it's around $20000 -$25000 just to get in ahead of people with appointments. Is it even worth it? Even if you weren't able to book an appointment that is quite a bit. With that said, this is the very first release of what is likely to be several and I can't imagine them lowering prices. Can anyone provide some insight?
Aug 8, 2006
207 posts
62 upvotes
it wasnt bad actually. $5k. the people ahead will get a better price. they builder jacks up the price as people buy.
May 28, 2017
55 posts
2 upvotes
Hi all!
I was hoping to get an email for new seaton but didn’t receive it :-( please post the price for the detached homes.

Does anyone know if Mattamy is sold out at Queen's Common? Thank you
Justriya
Feb 12, 2008
210 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
blazinpista wrote:
May 29th, 2017 3:24 pm
No inside scoops. I was one of the few people early registered on the website for New Seaton when they first 400s for towns. However I did not get a invitation. I'm guessing they lost some of people's email? not sure. I had a friend who received an invitation email. He forwarded that email. I used that to get a book appt.

No inside scoop or anything like people are talking about. I guess luck
I gotta disagree with you. I saw many posts like this on Kijiji last week. (see link)
May 24, 2017
5 posts
11 upvotes
Yes there are spots for sale for adavance preview. Heard price for that previlige is about $26K. Heard that Home prices range from $800k to $1.25M between 1800 sq ft to 3000 sq ft. This is way above resale market price, if the prices can be borne out on the opening date. Also heard that your site plan is different from the site plan of paid preview, which has a much wider selection, in terms of One of the three builders. All in all there is an insider previlige.
Dec 12, 2007
362 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I have an appointment booked

It needs your applicant name (which is mine), plus it will need a piece of ID to match the registered name.

So I'm not sure how you can you sell that?

Anyways PM me if you're interested ;)
Aug 8, 2006
207 posts
62 upvotes
The advance preview is on Wednesday for 25k, 15-20 spots. and Thursday appointments which is 5k premium, non refundable hence why its not a super premium. You pay 2.5k upfront and then when you get the confirmation email for the appointment ( appointment is in your name and email, and phone number) you pay the other 2.5k/ if you dont pay they just cancel your appointment and you lose the initial 2.5k, but if you dont get an appointment you get the full amount back (initial 2.5k ). The initial 2.5k is the attempt to go get you that appointment.

PM me if your interested.
Jan 30, 2008
575 posts
94 upvotes
Evilkilla wrote:
May 29th, 2017 8:02 pm
The advance preview is on Wednesday for 25k, 15-20 spots. and Thursday appointments which is 5k premium, non refundable hence why its not a super premium. You pay 2.5k upfront and then when you get the confirmation email for the appointment ( appointment is in your name and email, and phone number) you pay the other 2.5k/ if you dont pay they just cancel your appointment and you lose the initial 2.5k, but if you dont get an appointment you get the full amount back (initial 2.5k ). The initial 2.5k is the attempt to go get you that appointment.

Wow, so shady.
Aug 8, 2006
207 posts
62 upvotes
azia wrote:
May 29th, 2017 8:11 pm
Wow, so shady.
it is shady, but like they say you need money to make money
Images
  • shady.png
Last edited by Evilkilla on May 29th, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7194 posts
6530 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
ZachKhan wrote:
May 29th, 2017 1:28 pm
Any chance this could be a marketing trick although maybe ineffective?
Yep, it's the fake line outside the dance club all over again.

Create what looks to be a high demand for appointments. And people who think they will miss out will overpay.

It's so March 2017
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4009 posts
2876 upvotes
Markham
Evilkilla wrote:

With the current tide serously turning in favor of buyers in the re-sale market, specially in GTA satellite areas, someone has got to be an absolute dumba$$ to pay $25k for what will likely be able to be bought in a couple of months at lower price.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7194 posts
6530 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Evilkilla wrote:

This is just scummy behaviour by the builders or whoever is involved. If a buyer were to actually put up with this BS, I'd hazard they deserve it then. Lots of other options in the market right now. Non refundable 'premium' just to get in for an appointment?

Total bubble market joke.
May 6, 2015
655 posts
164 upvotes
Unionville, ON
LOL so now we slowly see the scumbag builders emerge. I get that they have to make money, but this is ridiculous - how do you release time slots and expect people to pay for just honoring the appointment? Rather than having people pawn off their own spots for 5-10k now the builders are doing the same thing under the "advance preview" banner. I don't see why anyone should pay this b/c the project is HUGE. Unless you're getting awesome incentive for your slot (outside of your first preference, which may not even be guaranteed if the other people in front of you take that specific one) such as huge decor $$ or massive discount on the price, it's not worth it at all.

I think this may backfire for the builders as the whitby release is happening in the fall. I'm willing to bet they stop all this once Lebovic releases in the same time frame, maybe even drop prices. If anyone is going to the advance previews, please post the price so we can compare the differences. Greed is good, but this strategy that the developers are using is quite risky.