Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 9:44 pm
Oct 29, 2012
60 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Got an email from Andrin that construction on my lot has commenced in Jan 2 . Went to the site and saw no progress at all on my lot . Why would they send an email indicating it has started yet no sign of it at the side ?
Anyone else recieved this email from Andrin ?

Also, anyone recieved a second delay from them ?we would know in March if we will be delayed for first time .
Mar 7, 2011
26 posts
6 upvotes
ahamadahamad wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:29 pm
Got an email from Andrin that construction on my lot has commenced in Jan 2 . Went to the site and saw no progress at all on my lot . Why would they send an email indicating it has started yet no sign of it at the side ?
Anyone else recieved this email from Andrin ?

Also, anyone recieved a second delay from them ?we would know in March if we will be delayed for first time .
What's your current closing date ? My experience is the email is sent when the permit has been received. Not necessarily when actual construction starts. Im phase 1 and have already been delayed twice .

Dec 2018 > Apr 2019 >July 2019
Oct 29, 2012
60 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
shevonnem wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 1:52 pm
What's your current closing date ? My experience is the email is sent when the permit has been received. Not necessarily when actual construction starts. Im phase 1 and have already been delayed twice .

Dec 2018 > Apr 2019 >July 2019
Our closing date is June 20 and as per Tarion they need to notify us in march if we are going to be delayed for the first time. Email stated that construction commenced in Jan 2 but looking at the side there is nothing going on in our lot .

I am sure we will be delayed as in not enough time to build for June.
Jan 13, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
I purchased a phase two Queen's Common detached house. I am wondering if there are any loopholes to changing the elevation of the house I choose.
They haven't started the constructions of the houses yet.
I knew when I signed I had up to 5 days to change the elevation unforunately that has long past and Mattamy is very strict about this.
Jan 6, 2012
258 posts
77 upvotes
Anyone bought townhome in Averton Beaconhill in Bowmanville? My friend bought in this development in Jan 2017, on closing she stated the paperwork stated closing jan 2018 but immediately changed it to jan 2019 before paperwork was even signed, then in early 2018 received a delay notice to june 2019.

wondering if anyone else knows about how far along they are with the townhomes and if june 2019 is anywhere near reality for closing? thank you,
Apr 5, 2018
9 posts
Hey guys, I am wondering for the people who purchased in Queens Common, what are your thoughts on the proposed hydro substation that is shown on the site map? Is this a risk? and why prices are so much lower at Queens Common compared to Minto, Whitby Meadows, Tribute etc. I am pretty worried about that. But I like the floorplan and price for a townhome i was looking at that got released this weekend. It's $529k. I don't think I can find that price anywhere. But the hydro substation is my only concern. Now on the recent site map they don't show it, but I have the original site map from last year I saved a copy on my phone! Any thoughts?
Can you also add me to your whatsapp group? I would love to discuss and hear thoughts. Thanks.
Images
  • IMG_3222.jpg
  • image1.jpeg
Apr 5, 2018
9 posts
I attached a picture of what a substation looks like, Seems like that one is on Rossland ave. Whitby hydro. No idea if it's risky to live so close to something like that, but I'm pretty sure that's why prices are lower by mattamy compared to the whitby meadows project.
Jan 18, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Hi, also looking for information on how to be added to the whatsapp group for Queens Commons. Thanks!
Sep 4, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
I'm new to this thread but I purchased a Queens Common ph1 townhome. I'm looking to be added to the whatsapp group as well. Thanks!
Apr 5, 2018
9 posts
Hey guys, are any of you concerned about that proposed hydro substation? Please see my post above and let me know what you think?
Is it safe to live beside a hydro substation?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)