• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 7:45 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1648 posts
996 upvotes
Steven91 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:14 pm
Anyone have any information on Sundial home development in ajax? Their website says double garbage detached starting at $599k, not sure how.

http://www.sundialhomes.com/register/?id=106
...I would also greatly like to know more about this...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Feb 12, 2008
210 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
If you look at the site map... then google streetview that location you will see this area is mostly built already.. Sadly your looking at a webform from 3 years ago here is updated pricing on what's available..

Link
Aug 9, 2016
16 posts
7 upvotes
MrCeddy wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 11:57 am
If you look at the site map... then google streetview that location you will see this area is mostly built already.. Sadly your looking at a webform from 3 years ago here is updated pricing on what's available..

Link

No it is the current pricing. $599,999 for a ~1400sqft double car garage rear lane detached home. 3 floors.
Apr 5, 2009
999 posts
188 upvotes
KajananS wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 1:34 pm
No it is the current pricing. $599,999 for a ~1400sqft double car garage rear lane detached home. 3 floors.
Got a flyer today confirming the price and link... wonder how busy it will be there in February
Aug 9, 2016
16 posts
7 upvotes
Hmm. From what it looks like you have 2 car garage but no driveway... Not sure how appealing that is.
Aug 10, 2018
31 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Dealhunter, when is your closing date?
My closing date is May 18th. I purchased in Phase 1. We haven't had our framing walk through yet. It seems like your house is far ahead than ours so I'm just trying to get some idea as to if we'll be delayed yet again (which will be our 4th one, if so). Thanks.
Jan 6, 2012
258 posts
77 upvotes
Steven91 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:14 pm
Anyone have any information on Sundial home development in ajax? Their website says double garbage detached starting at $599k, not sure how.

http://www.sundialhomes.com/register/?id=106
KajananS wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 1:34 pm

Steven91 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 7:15 pm
Got a flyer today confirming the price and link... wonder how busy it will be there in February
I live near Sundial and just noticed that sign myself. Looking from the picture it does seem like it will be a small 3 storey, can't exactly see where the 2 garages will be but... if i had the money i'd be very interested. 1400sf is a bit small though for that price. you can get 2nd hand in durham for $700k for more traditional 2 floor layout and bigger. Not sure if new is worth it at that size.

Another poster mentioned there isn't much land left...yes that's true, but there is enough to put a good number of homes still. but not 100's, that's true. I would imagine there will be a lot of people there.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
8601 posts
3681 upvotes
Affordable housing? I thought that was impossible in the GTA? Seems like a decent deal to me.
Jul 1, 2016
24 posts
1 upvote
Hey andrincountrylaneph1, were in the exact same boat as you with our place closing May 23rd. I phoned Andrin customer service today to see if they’re expecting another delay. They told us they’re still on track to close but again our house hasn’t been bricked yet and we haven’t gone through our walk through at country lane yet. We are just trying to set a time line to list our current place, but I won’t put the for sale sign up until that 89th day knowing Andrin will close on our date. We have also been delayed 3 times so I know exactly how you’re feeling!
Aug 10, 2018
31 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Sportnut, we sold our house (closed recently) and are now staying with friends and living out of boxes. The only reason we sold early is because sale prices were/are dipping. Our new house is bricked but the ancillary stuff is incomplete. I'm going to contact them about our framing walk through. I'll keep the group updated with our progress. I do drive by the development quite a bit and the workers are there working, and it looks like some of the Heathwood homes will be occupied very soon.
Nov 17, 2014
769 posts
513 upvotes
Ontario
Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I've never seen single detached homes like this. I tried finding layouts but didn't see any. What is typically on each floor? I'd imagine kitchen, living room, etc is on the 2nd floor? Is there basement?

Also they don't seem to have a yard which would really suck. Kind of one of the major reasons for buying detached.
Apr 5, 2009
999 posts
188 upvotes
Copper1212 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 6:29 am
Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I've never seen single detached homes like this. I tried finding layouts but didn't see any. What is typically on each floor? I'd imagine kitchen, living room, etc is on the 2nd floor? Is there basement?

Also they don't seem to have a yard which would really suck. Kind of one of the major reasons for buying detached.
It’s an interesting price point nonetheless as the secondary market homes in the area for townhouse and semi-detached (no backyards) aren’t too far off the $599k price advertised.
Feb 3, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
@MrCeddy could I please get access to the Queen's Common whatsapp group?

Also to the user above re: the hydro substation, I'm not too worried as I'm not directly across from it. It's also across from a school so I would think it's safe enough. Though it's an urban legend that if you live close to a major substation, you are more prone to illness.
Feb 3, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
I had bought a Queen's Common townhouse and wondering roughly what the price of these upgrades are if anyone can help...

1. smooth ceilings on main floor
2. wrought iron banisters stairs upgrade
3. level 1 tile upgrade, level 4,6?
4. 5 1/4" baseboard trim
5. smooth interior doors upgrade
6. double sinks
7. "sous" kitchen package