Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 7:48 am
Jun 21, 2005
71 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
For those in Whitby Meadows, I just got a notice stating my closing will be delayed from June to October 2019. The builder is Fieldgate Homes.
Jan 6, 2012
240 posts
73 upvotes
TheOneDealer wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 9:57 pm
For those in Whitby Meadows, I just got a notice stating my closing will be delayed from June to October 2019. The builder is Fieldgate Homes.
i have a friend who bought w/ Paradise Homes in Whitby Meadows...they are supposed to close this year...but I dont even think they have broken ground?! not sure anytime this year is realistic...
Jul 1, 2016
21 posts
1 upvote
No word yet on the walk through. Any update with your place?
Jun 21, 2005
71 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like some work has been done. No idea when it’d be ready.
Images
  • B2FF176B-D818-4CDF-B203-DEC39ABC863A.jpeg
  • B4AB4839-3E5A-489C-9AF8-2B638FC9DAEF.jpeg
  • 5244CADF-D78F-4303-819A-A8B4C9E50091.jpeg
Jan 6, 2012
240 posts
73 upvotes
TheOneDealer wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 11:38 am
Looks like some work has been done. No idea when it’d be ready.
hmmm...no foundations in. doubt anything will be finished this year.
Jul 13, 2017
2 posts
Can you please add me as well to the whatapp group or give me the details on how I can be added please.

We purchased townhouse in phase 1, closing was suppose to be December 2018, delayed to April 2019, and now further delayed to July 2019.
Dec 27, 2007
506 posts
126 upvotes
Andrincountrylaneph1 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi Dealhunter, when is your closing date?
My closing date is May 18th. I purchased in Phase 1. We haven't had our framing walk through yet. It seems like your house is far ahead than ours so I'm just trying to get some idea as to if we'll be delayed yet again (which will be our 4th one, if so). Thanks.
Sportnut wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 6:36 pm
Hey andrincountrylaneph1, were in the exact same boat as you with our place closing May 23rd. I phoned Andrin customer service today to see if they’re expecting another delay. They told us they’re still on track to close but again our house hasn’t been bricked yet and we haven’t gone through our walk through at country lane yet. We are just trying to set a time line to list our current place, but I won’t put the for sale sign up until that 89th day knowing Andrin will close on our date. We have also been delayed 3 times so I know exactly how you’re feeling!

If you guys are delayed for more than 2 times, isn't the builder supposed to give you compensation?
Jul 1, 2016
21 posts
1 upvote
Yes if we get delayed one more time i believe we get paid $150 a day plus any expenses like storage they pay for.
Dec 27, 2007
506 posts
126 upvotes
Sportnut wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:55 pm
Yes if we get delayed one more time i believe we get paid $150 a day plus any expenses like storage they pay for.
I think you guys are entitle for the compensation now.

1) The First Tentative Closing Date: the date originally signed on the purchase agreement;

2) Second Tentative Closing Date: aka. the first delay;

3) Firm Closing Date: aka. the second delay;

If the Vendor cannot close by the Firm Closing Date, then the Purchaser is entitled to delayed closing compensation (see section 7 of the Addendum) and the Vendor must set a Delayed Closing Date.

https://www.tarion.com/homeowners/makin ... osing-date
Oct 29, 2012
33 posts
Vaughan
Our first closing date with andrin is June 20 2019. We visited the site over the weekend and nothing going on on our lot - which means delay 100% . I am surprised that they haven’t communicated an early delay notice yet . Guess have to wait till three months before closing date to get this letter .

Others were notified before three months on their delay
Jul 1, 2016
21 posts
1 upvote
Original date to close was November 23,2018
First delay date to March 23rd, 2019
Second delay date (firm closing date) May 23,2019

Therefore if I don’t hear from Andrin by February 23,2019 (90 days within set closing date) our house should close on time. We all know that builders don’t want to be paying out of pocket so they will do anything and everything to close on our second delay date.
Aug 10, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
Hi Andrin purchasers,
Refer to the dates outlined in your agreement of purchase and sale for the trigger dates to see if you are eligible for compensation. I would also take a look at the legislation. I can tell you from experience that even if you may be entitled to compensation, Tarion really puts you through the ringer before they payout so I suggest you hold on to any receipts for the period of time in question. I read somewhere that the president of Andrin sits on the board of directors for Tarion so it'll be interesting when we have to submit any claims under Tarion (ie PDI or 30 day warranty, etc.).

On a personal note, I was told that I can expect to close as scheduled in mid-May 2019 (this is an extended closing date). My framing walk through has not yet been scheduled. My house is bricked, the windows and doors are installed and we can see that there is framing completed. We don't know about electrical and plumbing. I will update the group once they contact me to arrange the walk through.
Oct 29, 2012
33 posts
Vaughan
Andrincountrylaneph1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 5:22 pm
Hi Andrin purchasers,
Refer to the dates outlined in your agreement of purchase and sale for the trigger dates to see if you are eligible for compensation. I would also take a look at the legislation. I can tell you from experience that even if you may be entitled to compensation, Tarion really puts you through the ringer before they payout so I suggest you hold on to any receipts for the period of time in question. I read somewhere that the president of Andrin sits on the board of directors for Tarion so it'll be interesting when we have to submit any claims under Tarion (ie PDI or 30 day warranty, etc.).

On a personal note, I was told that I can expect to close as scheduled in mid-May 2019 (this is an extended closing date). My framing walk through has not yet been scheduled. My house is bricked, the windows and doors are installed and we can see that there is framing completed. We don't know about electrical and plumbing. I will update the group once they contact me to arrange the walk through.
shouldn't they suppose to give you frame walk through before the house is bricked ? With my previous builder we were given frame walk through and we found a lot of issues for which it was possible to correct before they put the bricks outside and dry walls inside. ( issues such as wrong place for plugs, light fixtures etc - this can be fixed prior to any dry walls and bricks) i just hope that Andrin don't just walk away from the frame walk through :)
Jul 25, 2008
232 posts
120 upvotes
ottawa
*disclaimer - the website is a RE bearish source*
https://betterdwelling.com/city/toronto ... me-buyers/#_

This suggests that half of GTA real estate buyers from 2014-2018 were first time buyers.
It also shows 60% had a household income <100k.

they draw the conclusion that measures to increase affordability for first time buyers wouldn't boost the market much. This is probably wrong because they're not isolating the post B-20 data.

The income level is more interesting to me. I'd like to see what numbers look like post B20. I'm betting after B20 a whole lot more buyers had household incomes over 100k.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

LiquidGoop