Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2019 9:20 pm
May 28, 2017
30 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Sportnut,

Mine is phase 2. No foundation yet. Still have long way to go.
Mar 1, 2018
16 posts
5 upvotes
For those who bought at New Seaton, Aspen Ridge hopefully, any updates on closing dates?
Feb 9, 2018
40 posts
19 upvotes
Hey All,

I hope all is well. I posted once last year and have been quietly following along here. My fiancé and I purchased in Hiddenbrook- Tiffany Park Homes. We are on Coho Drive which is a shared street with Mattamy Queens Common. In speaking with the builder I’ve heard 2 things.
1. We may be slightly delayed
2. We won’t be delayed.

Has anyone in Queens Common - Mattamy heard of delays?

Also, anyone else on here buy Tiffany Park!?
Jul 29, 2018
38 posts
7 upvotes
Hammer02 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 12:20 am
For those who bought at New Seaton, Aspen Ridge hopefully, any updates on closing dates?
My house hasn’t even had groundbreaking .Which street are you one?
Jan 12, 2019
3 posts
Hi ,

I got Design studio appointment for Mattamy Queens common , phase -2 , closing November 2018 .
To my surprise , no design booklet provided .

Did anyone faced the same , I tried contacting Design studio correspondent through email couple of times asking about the booklet so I know the price for each features they are offering . No luck yet

Very unusual and unexpected . Anyone faced the same ?
May 8, 2016
39 posts
7 upvotes
AlexanderJ448 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 8:40 am
Hey All,

I hope all is well. I posted once last year and have been quietly following along here. My fiancé and I purchased in Hiddenbrook- Tiffany Park Homes. We are on Coho Drive which is a shared street with Mattamy Queens Common. In speaking with the builder I’ve heard 2 things.
2. We won’t be delayed.

You will more than likely be delayed. Mattamy Queens Common purchasers are facing delays of at least 8-10 months and beyond. When was your closing initially for?
May 8, 2016
39 posts
7 upvotes
QueensCommon wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 11:35 am
Hi ,

I got Design studio appointment for Mattamy Queens common , phase -2 , closing November 2018 .
To my surprise , no design booklet provided .

Did anyone faced the same , I tried contacting Design studio correspondent through email couple of times asking about the booklet so I know the price for each features they are offering . No luck yet

Very unusual and unexpected . Anyone faced the same ?
I believe they don’t give out the booklet anymore in fear that the prices might get shared. Their projects have been quite volatile, especially Queens Commons, and I suppose their upgrade price list is pretty dynamic but of course that’s something they don’t want getting out.
Feb 9, 2018
40 posts
19 upvotes
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 11:37 am
You will more than likely be delayed. Mattamy Queens Common purchasers are facing delays of at least 8-10 months and beyond. When was your closing initially for?
Yikes. My first date on my agreement is November 21st/2019. I just went by my street and they’re putting in all the utility boxes.
Images
  • 44FD24B9-1CD4-4AE4-8F6B-964FE48BA2CA.jpeg
  • 542140A5-1DB0-488E-BCC9-894B8F63094B.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
8701 posts
3786 upvotes
They always give the earliest possible date then delay from there. They have 0 intentions of hitting that first date as it is usually so unrealistic I don't know why purchasers believe it. Was talking to my friend who bought in a new development. He said "We should be moving in next year". I asked him how far along were they and he said "they haven't started". I told him no chance he's moving in a year's time. More like 2 and even that isn't guaranteed. He didn't believe me.
May 8, 2016
39 posts
7 upvotes
AlexanderJ448 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 11:53 am
Yikes. My first date on my agreement is November 21st/2019. I just went by my street and they’re putting in all the utility boxes.
You might be looking at a summer 2020 closing at the earliest. Check your APS they will have all dates listed there under the tarion part. They have to provide you with a 120 day notice every time they miss that date.
Feb 9, 2018
40 posts
19 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 11:59 am
They always give the earliest possible date then delay from there. They have 0 intentions of hitting that first date as it is usually so unrealistic I don't know why purchasers believe it. Was talking to my friend who bought in a new development. He said "We should be moving in next year". I asked him how far along were they and he said "they haven't started". I told him no chance he's moving in a year's time. More like 2 and even that isn't guaranteed. He didn't believe me.
Yah. That’s fair. I bought in Phase 3 with Minto Kingmeadow in Oshawa. I closed on my original date and we had a framing strike as well.
Jan 18, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
Anyone know the latest about the North Oshawa/Windfields mall?

My wife and I have been eagerly anticipating it (especially my wife as she misses the walkability of our old area), but it seems like it is just turning into a big plaza similar to the one by Harmony and Taunton. The original descriptions (and still concept images for it) were for more of a pedestrian-friendly shops-at-don-mills outdoor mall.

I also noticed that the sign by the road advertises 1.5million square feet of retail for lease, but riocan's website only says about 850k - like half the amount of retail space. Has it been downgraded again or something? I know it was from original proposals so as to insert a condo or two, but I can't find any recent mention of plan changes.
Jun 3, 2015
39 posts
6 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I bought Mattamy, closing Aug 2019. Looks like they will be delayed.
AlexanderJ448 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 8:40 am
Hey All,

2. We won’t be delayed.

Jun 3, 2015
39 posts
6 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Bought Phase 1. Taking possession this month.
I don't think you will be delayed. They are building them fast to close.

Vahas1 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 9:05 pm
Hi Sportnut,

Mine is phase 2. No foundation yet. Still have long way to go.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

summerss