Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:16 pm
May 8, 2016
39 posts
7 upvotes
Did anyone go to the Great Gulf Whitby Meadows release yesterday? Curious what the turn out was like and if anyone has any price list they can post. Thanks
May 28, 2017
30 posts
4 upvotes
Good to hear that you are taking possession this month. Mine 2nd tentative closing end of Aug. I would like to move in August rather than December. Will wait and see.
Feb 9, 2018
41 posts
19 upvotes
Huzzbuzz wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:29 am
Did anyone go to the Great Gulf Whitby Meadows release yesterday? Curious what the turn out was like and if anyone has any price list they can post. Thanks
I drove by at 545 yesterday morning and there was a tent and 3 cars out front. Went by again around 11 and there was a lineup outside of about 7-10 people.
Feb 9, 2018
41 posts
19 upvotes
DealHunter100 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 10:38 am
I bought Mattamy, closing Aug 2019. Looks like they will be delayed.
Have you gotten anything official in writing from the builder yet? Can you keep us posted if you do?
Feb 9, 2018
41 posts
19 upvotes
Crumbles wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 5:40 am
Anyone know the latest about the North Oshawa/Windfields mall?

My wife and I have been eagerly anticipating it (especially my wife as she misses the walkability of our old area), but it seems like it is just turning into a big plaza similar to the one by Harmony and Taunton. The original descriptions (and still concept images for it) were for more of a pedestrian-friendly shops-at-don-mills outdoor mall.

I also noticed that the sign by the road advertises 1.5million square feet of retail for lease, but riocan's website only says about 850k - like half the amount of retail space. Has it been downgraded again or something? I know it was from original proposals so as to insert a condo or two, but I can't find any recent mention of plan changes.
From what I understand the proposal has be downgraded from 1.5million square feet to just under 900K sq/ft. I’ve also been told that there is a plan for another 25 story condo by tribute on the east side of simcoe (sales office is for west side beside the seniors building).

Originally RioCan had drawings up but those were taken down. From what I’ve been told, the construction will start this fall after the widening of Simcoe Street between Winchester and Britannia
Oct 29, 2012
60 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Vahas1 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 12:31 pm
Good to hear that you are taking possession this month. Mine 2nd tentative closing end of Aug. I would like to move in August rather than December. Will wait and see.
Have they started working on your lot ? We also got delayed to our second tentative date of oct but so far nothing going on our lot - not even the ground breaking . This gives me less hope that we would close in our tentative date .
Jan 18, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
AlexanderJ448 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 1:29 pm
From what I understand the proposal has be downgraded from 1.5million square feet to just under 900K sq/ft. I’ve also been told that there is a plan for another 25 story condo by tribute on the east side of simcoe (sales office is for west side beside the seniors building).

Originally RioCan had drawings up but those were taken down. From what I’ve been told, the construction will start this fall after the widening of Simcoe Street between Winchester and Britannia
Aw. Disappointing to hear it has been downgraded again. Now it is less than half the original proposal. Was it a lack of retailer interest or something? Sad to be cut down so much

Basically just a big plaza now I guess.

Thanks for the info!
May 28, 2017
30 posts
4 upvotes
ahamadahamad wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 10:02 pm
Have they started working on your lot ? We also got delayed to our second tentative date of oct but so far nothing going on our lot - not even the ground breaking . This gives me less hope that we would close in our tentative date .
No ground breaking on my lot either. I also believes it will be delayed again.
May 28, 2017
30 posts
4 upvotes
Sportnut wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:49 pm
Hi vahas1,
We are going for our frame walk through Tuesday and was curious if you went for yours already. If so, anything we should know ahead of time?
When is your closing?
Jan 27, 2006
287 posts
252 upvotes
Anyone have the most recent price list for Great Gulf at Whitby Meadows? I heard they had a grand opening this weekend so wondering if prices were dropped or increases on the 36 & 40 ft. lots.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1111 posts
254 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
dealaddict1231 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 9:23 am
Anyone have the most recent price list for Great Gulf at Whitby Meadows? I heard they had a grand opening this weekend so wondering if prices were dropped or increases on the 36 & 40 ft. lots.
My friend went to this event, he said it was 10-15k higher on the prices posted before. Didn't get any pricelist from him though.
Mar 1, 2018
16 posts
5 upvotes
sunflowerseeds wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 9:06 am
My house hasn’t even had groundbreaking .Which street are you one?
I m on Tigerlilly. Interesting policy they have, they finished the framework for about 15 houses, some even have the brick on, when will they begin work for the rest of them?
May 28, 2017
55 posts
2 upvotes
Hi
Has anyone had their decor appointment with Towerhill?
Does anyone have pricing for Upgrades for Towerhill.
trying to figure out how much budget do we need to keep aside for it?

Many Thanks
Justriya
Sep 10, 2018
26 posts
4 upvotes
Hi,

I did my decor appointment for Towerhill last week. Theres no specific list for upgrades. They do their pricing on their computer somehow. Cost depends on what your upgrading. I didnt do too much as I some stuff I can do after. I would say keep about 40-60gs for upgrades (again depends on what your doing, size of house etc)
Oct 29, 2012
60 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Vahas1 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:03 pm
No ground breaking on my lot either. I also believes it will be delayed again.
I am trying to reach out to Andrin to get at least a target date as to when they will start construction on our lot but they say they dn't have that form construction team. I am guessing if no progress on our lot in the month of April then it is a definite delay for us in Oct.