[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2020 5:02 pm
May 28, 2017
55 posts
2 upvotes
PratS74103 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 1:51 pm
Hi, how did you they put pop corn ceiling? I paid for smooth ceiling too. Now I'm afraid.
We went and looked.
Justriya
Sep 10, 2018
28 posts
4 upvotes
Oh I should do that. Your closing is 2021? Mine is firm date May 2020.
May 28, 2017
55 posts
2 upvotes
PratS74103 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2019 10:51 am
Oh I should do that. Your closing is 2021? Mine is firm date May 2020.
who is your builder? my closing is in Feb 2020 with Towerhill - the house is almost ready
Justriya
Sep 10, 2018
28 posts
4 upvotes
I'm with Towerhill as well. I think they're working on the interior now.
Jan 4, 2008
54 posts
12 upvotes
Scarborough
Looking to get a detached home from ivy ridge on 43' lot. If anyone has paid for upgrades or been to their design centre, can you please share what the prices for upgrades look like?
Nov 3, 2019
44 posts
5 upvotes
i am curious myself. I just bought a townhouse a few weeks back. Have not had my design appointment yet. Closing date is Sept 2020. But i doubt it...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2014
7189 posts
1799 upvotes
Toronto
Kamsangha wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 7:43 am
Has anyone here bought in valleyview bowmanville?
There's a TON of supply of newer homes on that market in Bowmanville. I would look at newer resales.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
President's Club Award Winner At The Mortgage Architects
PLATINUM CLUB Award Winner At Century 21 Innovative
Dec 2, 2019
2 posts
Hi Folks, I'm a new buyer at Tower Hill New Seaton and posting first time on this thread.

I'm wondering is any of you can shed some light on following two:
1. Do builder's lawyer send you any letter confirming deposits held in trust? I know this is done for condos but not sure if it’s still the case with freehold and it’s been a month since my first deposit.
2. For purchase made last month and expected closing in Oct'20, when shall I expect to have decor appointment? And if any one has any info on Tower Hill upgrade pricing it would be great.
Jul 2, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
CdnRealEstateGuy wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 10:35 am
There's a TON of supply of newer homes on that market in Bowmanville. I would look at newer resales.
I want a pre construction..
Sep 10, 2018
28 posts
4 upvotes
Hi welcome,

1. I dont remeber getting anything regarding the deposits being held in trust.

2. My original closing was Dec 2019 pushed to May 2020. My decor appointment was in May 2019. They will let you come see the decor centre beforehand in a weekend. There were no specific pricing lists provided. Depends on what you want. Their selections were okay the prices of builders are obviously higher but in line with other builders I would say.
aka789 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 11:01 am
Hi Folks, I'm a new buyer at Tower Hill New Seaton and posting first time on this thread.

I'm wondering is any of you can shed some light on following two:
1. Do builder's lawyer send you any letter confirming deposits held in trust? I know this is done for condos but not sure if it’s still the case with freehold and it’s been a month since my first deposit.
2. For purchase made last month and expected closing in Oct'20, when shall I expect to have decor appointment? And if any one has any info on Tower Hill upgrade pricing it would be great.
Jun 17, 2019
14 posts
5 upvotes
For the deposit no letter from lawyer or builder. The upgrade are with different pricing. I got granite counter top for 4800 and hardwood on second floor for 7500. (first floor was already with hardwood) extra line for gas cooktop at 960. Each pot light or electric outlet in ceiling for 160. My hardwood and granite upgrade was for level 1 and there are different levels with higher prices. Mine was 30 feet towerhill bought in May 2019design appointment in August 2019 and closing in march 2019(will be confirmed next week when 90 days notice comes).
Dec 2, 2019
1 posts
Hi All,

I recently purchase 36' Single detached (December 2019) at Tower Hill New Seaton and posting on this thread and RFD for first time.
I hope someone can clarify few things for me:

1) Singed paper work on December 2019. They didn't give me any paper work back. They said they will call me on few days. When do I except to get call or email from them about paper work? What is the next step?
2) When should I except designer call to decided on Hardwood and others decor items? I was given $10,000 in Bonus. Any pricing of upgrade?
3) Closing on Oct 2020. Should I except any delays? Houses are already build near vacant lot I was assigned
4) How much to except for Closing?
5) Time frame elementary school open?
6) Are they going to charge me for Grass, Tree planting and driveway paving? or is it included on the price ?
7) Excepted Property Taxes for first two years?
8) Separate Entrance : option can be purchase add separate enterence to basement from outside? is it useful in the longer run to rent-out basement? is it benefit? I haven't taken option as they said they will block enterance to basement from inside. is it too late add it?
9) Anyone has deal on Garage Door, Appliances, AC, Blinds? Hope you can give some pricing for it and excepted expense so i can budget them
10) What are other cost i should except after closing? is there any cost /deposit for water, electricity, waste management, so on

Thank you and Hope some one answer to guide me as it is my first purchase of new build home. Always brought re-sale home.

Thank you

Mith
Dec 2, 2019
2 posts
Hello Mith, Congrats on new home purchase. I can only answer #1 since I haven't myself had experience with other ones in your list.

Once you sign, the Agreement of Purchase and Sale (APS) has to be accepted by the Builder. Usually, this takes 2-3 days. So by now you must have gotten your signed copy of agreement. If not, you should reach out to sales office and at least have a copy of unsigned papers, and ask for an ETA of original signed APS.
Mith13 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 3:45 pm
Hi All,

I recently purchase 36' Single detached (December 2019) at Tower Hill New Seaton and posting on this thread and RFD for first time.
I hope someone can clarify few things for me:

1) Singed paper work on December 2019. They didn't give me any paper work back. They said they will call me on few days. When do I except to get call or email from them about paper work? What is the next step?
2) When should I except designer call to decided on Hardwood and others decor items? I was given $10,000 in Bonus. Any pricing of upgrade?
3) Closing on Oct 2020. Should I except any delays? Houses are already build near vacant lot I was assigned
4) How much to except for Closing?
5) Time frame elementary school open?
6) Are they going to charge me for Grass, Tree planting and driveway paving? or is it included on the price ?
7) Excepted Property Taxes for first two years?
8) Separate Entrance : option can be purchase add separate enterence to basement from outside? is it useful in the longer run to rent-out basement? is it benefit? I haven't taken option as they said they will block enterance to basement from inside. is it too late add it?
9) Anyone has deal on Garage Door, Appliances, AC, Blinds? Hope you can give some pricing for it and excepted expense so i can budget them
10) What are other cost i should except after closing? is there any cost /deposit for water, electricity, waste management, so on

Thank you and Hope some one answer to guide me as it is my first purchase of new build home. Always brought re-sale home.

Thank you

Mith

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

MichelleNM