[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 10:10 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11421 posts
2000 upvotes
Toronto
Disciplinz wrote: when it says crawl space, low head room. how low is low? like i have to crawl on my knees or can I still stand up but can't jump.

Could vary. But likely about 4-5 feet high type thing. And it might not be for the full area of the house.
Jul 15, 2020
60 posts
50 upvotes
Do we have a realtor specializing in durham region? I am interested in buying an investment property in the region for around 650k that has potential upside. Dm me pls
May 28, 2012
304 posts
233 upvotes
ONT
Disciplinz wrote: when it says crawl space, low head room. how low is low? like i have to crawl on my knees or can I still stand up but can't jump.
I think that's why it's called a crawl space...........
Sep 24, 2012
2 posts
Toronto
Us. Don't know if there is any group, if you hear of anything, please lmk..
Thanks!
Dec 8, 2014
64 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone interested in Marshall homes at Altona and Finch ?
Heard they are launching soon.
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
Yup they’re nice homes I believe they’re going to range from around 950-1.3 mill. But they have a condo fee, a detached with a condo fee to me is absurd and will affect resale in the future.
Dec 8, 2014
64 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Am speaking with there Sales team. Condo fee is 199 per month and that includes water and sewer bill.
I am skeptical about the train line running 100m north of NEXT housing coming up so kind of worried how that will impact my living.
Nov 3, 2019
68 posts
11 upvotes
at1212b wrote: Could vary. But likely about 4-5 feet high type thing. And it might not be for the full area of the house.
I think that also depends on whether the laundry situation is down there or not. If you are meant to have a washer dryer in your crawl space, it has got to be over 5 feet don' t you think?
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11421 posts
2000 upvotes
Toronto
lukk1038 wrote: I think that also depends on whether the laundry situation is down there or not. If you are meant to have a washer dryer in your crawl space, it has got to be over 5 feet don' t you think?
I don't think people will put a laundry machine in there if it's very low. But I guess it could vary the definition of crawl space.

I have a property with one which has the furnace down there. I guess you could barely squeeze one in but it feels really unfinished and it has to be access from outside the house.
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
Yea the train line is wayy too close you could probably hear it going by. Things to consider.
Dec 2, 2019
21 posts
6 upvotes
I went through taunton /Whites area. It seems that they are doing some construction opposite of new seaton sales center. Does any one what is it? is it any new residential projects?
Jul 26, 2020
3 posts
Anybody bought home in Country lane Whitby from Andrin Homes? If closed, how was the experience? PDI and whether issues addressed?
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
Next by Marshall homes is launching August 8th. Prices start from 1.05 mill for a 2400 sqft home, kinda pricey, but they're doing finished basements. $200 condo fee though!
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
The builders in New Seaton are almost sold out, all the land at the front of the neighbourhood (Burkholder drive and Tauton Road) is zoned commercial. Excited to see what sort of retail will come to the area! Anyone have an updated price list from Aspenridge homes?
Jul 30, 2020
1 posts
Hello Everyone, does anyone has any view on dealing with the developer, Paradise Developments in Whitby Meadows? Any review on the quality, timely closing etc. Prices have been increased by builders quite alot in last few years. Appreciate your time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

gechovich