Real Estate

[GTA] Durham Region Developments Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 11:00 pm
Nov 3, 2019
67 posts
10 upvotes
tmostafiz wrote: Folks who purchased in the Chelsea Hill Community from Tribute - anyone closing this year (it looks like some of the houses are getting ready to be delivered soon)?
I have a friend closing in October. Went through it over the weekend. Still much to be done there are no floors in yet, no cabinets or fixtures.
Aug 19, 2020
1 posts
Hi -- I found a message about a Whatsapp group for those who are part of Whitby Meadows Great Gulf. I think I might be limited as a new user to DM people -- is it possible for someone to DM me to be added to that group? Greatly appreciated!!
Apr 25, 2017
89 posts
59 upvotes
lukk1038 wrote: I have a friend closing in October. Went through it over the weekend. Still much to be done there are no floors in yet, no cabinets or fixtures.
That's interesting. The progress from the exterior looks pretty done. I am actually pretty impressed with how well the builder has managed the time. The other nearby projects like Vogue is way behind schedule. I wouldn't expect the interior items you mentioned to take longer than a month - maybe they might have to wait for the occupancy permit.
Nov 3, 2019
67 posts
10 upvotes
tmostafiz wrote: That's interesting. The progress from the exterior looks pretty done. I am actually pretty impressed with how well the builder has managed the time. The other nearby projects like Vogue is way behind schedule. I wouldn't expect the interior items you mentioned to take longer than a month - maybe they might have to wait for the occupancy permit.
I agree, the items mentioned shouldnt take long. However, i think some trades are not keen on working right behind others which is what caused a lot of delay in the first place. Hopefully not though for anyone that is eager to get into their house.
Aug 29, 2017
35 posts
4 upvotes
Hi,
Looking for purchasing 36’ in Whitby, have options in Mattamy queens common and Whitby meadows. Any suggestions?
Also, I found meadows available lots are in between already occupied houses and closing is late. However, pricing is better compared to queens common. Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4509 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
CityWalk Townhomes in Pickering just released today.
Full-time Realtor
Aug 29, 2018
6 posts
6 upvotes
MInto Ivy Ridge has a few available, late 2020/ early 2021 closings. The 36' lots they have are 900k+, there is move in soon on their website 2700sf for 950k. Site is 90% sold, only 2 43' lots left and and about 10 36' lots.
Aug 24, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Hey everyone,..more to all the people who brought house with TowerHill

I'm new to this thread. I'm planning to purchase new construction on New Seaton Community. Prices are better with TowerHill when comparing square feet of houses. It seems TowerHill haven't had much experience in Building homes. If anyone have purchased or moved with TowerHill, How is there build? hows their quality ? Any major issues?

I understand Aspen ridge or Brookfield have history of building housing compare to TowerHill. Any feedback are welcome to make decisions.

I visited site and comparing outside build, Brookfield and Aspen Ridge has better stone/brick compare to TowerHill. BF and AR does paving and build very quickly than towerhill. I'm more into their workmanship inside house and quality. Did anyone had major issues? hassle with towerhill?
Aug 24, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
has anyone brought house with TowerHill at New Seaton Community? Hows is their quality, work manship? Are they equalvant to Aspen Ridge and brookfield? Any advises?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4509 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
pricing is relative to finishes.
Full-time Realtor
Apr 25, 2017
89 posts
59 upvotes
BlueRFD wrote: has anyone brought house with TowerHill at New Seaton Community? Hows is their quality, work manship? Are they equalvant to Aspen Ridge and brookfield? Any advises?
You should get the list of standard finishes from each builder and compare them. You have to think of the all-in price i.e. how much you'll end up spending after including the cost of upgrades. I'm assuming you're looking for a principal residence.
Feb 28, 2010
73 posts
46 upvotes
Can someone share their experience with Heathwood Homes? They going to release a new phase for Freehold Towns in Taunton and Country Lane.

Thanx
May 28, 2012
300 posts
233 upvotes
ONT
monster11 wrote: Can someone share their experience with Heathwood Homes? They going to release a new phase for Freehold Towns in Taunton and Country Lane.
Unfortunately I don't have personal experience with Heathwood Homes but from what I have read over the years, they are the BEST.
Aug 24, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
tmostafiz wrote: You should get the list of standard finishes from each builder and compare them. You have to think of the all-in price i.e. how much you'll end up spending after including the cost of upgrades. I'm assuming you're looking for a principal residence.
Yes It would be principal residence. I don't think i can get any upgraded pricing before purchase. (atleast i didn't find anywhere). reading through form AR and BF is best option compare to TH. Althogut prices are high with AR and BF comapre TH, it seems like perimium . I read TH doesn't do structural changes so it is better go with AR or BF to build something as dream house Thanks a lot
Apr 25, 2017
89 posts
59 upvotes
BlueRFD wrote: Yes It would be principal residence. I don't think i can get any upgraded pricing before purchase. (atleast i didn't find anywhere). reading through form AR and BF is best option compare to TH. Althogut prices are high with AR and BF comapre TH, it seems like perimium . I read TH doesn't do structural changes so it is better go with AR or BF to build something as dream house Thanks a lot
Actually, I am not referring to upgrade pricing which typically you can only get after purchase. Usually cost of upgrades differ from builders but it's not a huge variation (all of them more or less charge you quite a bit).

You need to know what you're getting as standard (built into the purchase price) such as:
- plywood vs OSB subfloor
- smooth ceilings vs popcorn
- height of the ceilings (8 vs 9 vs 10)
- hardwood throughout vs carpet upstairs
- oak staircase vs carpet
- granite/quartz countertops vs laminate
etc.

Each builder has a list of standard finishes for each project. You need to get them for each builder and compare (if that makes sense)