Green / Eco-Friendly

GTA: how to get rid of old fridges eco-friendly?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 3:18 pm
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
144 posts
18 upvotes

GTA: how to get rid of old fridges eco-friendly?

The government used to clear out fridges for you if they were really old but now (I remember having guys come to my house and haul my 30year old fridge out the door for me in the past), I can't find the link anymore. I wonder if Doug Ford cut the funding for that program.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
860 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Put it out on your driveway with a sign that reads: For sale, runs like new, $50 OBO.
Chances are it will disappear in no time.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8812 posts
1741 upvotes
I would rather pay for this service myself than to have the government pay for it as they will be extracting your colon in payment for running such a program. Just put it out on the curb as suggested above, it'll be gone within a couple of days for sure.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Jul 24, 2014
331 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Post it on kiijiji, say free giving out. It will be gone and get recycled for good use.

I did that, and I had a big heavy freezer for free too.
That one ... No taker at all. Too heavy I guess
Index Fund vs Individual Stock..."tigerdemi is a great man" tigerdemi said to himself in his dream.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
144 posts
18 upvotes
I'm asking because it's a nasty looking yellow freezer from the basement, so I'm not so sure anyone wants it.
I'm hesitant on leaving it on the curb in case nobody wants it and then I'm responsible for hauling it back into the house. Tomorrow I have access to guys who will move it to the curb for me, but not afterwards.

Can it be used for metal recycling if I put it out and offer for metal recycling on Kijiji for free?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1862 posts
1613 upvotes
Ottawa
leafsnation98765 wrote: I'm asking because it's a nasty looking yellow freezer from the basement, so I'm not so sure anyone wants it.
I'm hesitant on leaving it on the curb in case nobody wants it and then I'm responsible for hauling it back into the house. Tomorrow I have access to guys who will move it to the curb for me, but not afterwards.

Can it be used for metal recycling if I put it out and offer for metal recycling on Kijiji for free?
Thanks
Yeah, I got several offers to remove a fridge for free when I put it on Kijiji.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1092 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
There are companies that go around to pick up appliances left on the front yard. They'll try to clean it up or fix it up to resale, or recycle.