Real Estate

GTA March month end stats

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2021 8:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1330 posts
1116 upvotes

GTA March month end stats



1)Condos in Toronto are just $15k cheaper than All-Time-High
2)Sales are on a completely crazy trajectory

Thoughts?
14 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10543 posts
13111 upvotes
Toronto
I am surprised Durham is still at only 0.44 MOI, it feels higher but I guess that's just because inventory/sales were so low before and now it's high inventory and higher sales.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11395 posts
9877 upvotes
mazerbeaner wrote: I am surprised Durham is still at only 0.44 MOI, it feels higher but I guess that's just because inventory/sales were so low before and now it's high inventory and higher sales.
March started low but inventory definitely has gone up near the end of March.

How that effects MOI and sales in April we will see. I know in Caledon, Brampton and Milton more and more inventory is sitting. I would say the last 7-10 days especially.

But regardless Y/O/Y sales will be insane next month due to the lockdowns last year.
Sr. Member
Jul 7, 2019
667 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto C01 storming back!
Feb avg price $728K
Mar avg price $779K

Still down YoY tho, goes to show just how hot downtown was heading into covid.
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10543 posts
13111 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote: March started low but inventory definitely has gone up near the end of March.

How that effects MOI and sales in April we will see. I know in Caledon, Brampton and Milton more and more inventory is sitting. I would say the last 7-10 days especially.

But regardless Y/O/Y sales will be insane next month due to the lockdowns last year.
MOI is a current snap shot though. It's current inventory over sales for the month.
Sr. Member
Jul 7, 2019
667 posts
531 upvotes
Just noticed York region Average $1.26M.
Higher than both Halton and Toronto.

Is this a first?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
9077 posts
10430 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
MotoCross817 wrote: Toronto C01 storming back!
Feb avg price $728K
Mar avg price $779K

Still down YoY tho, goes to show just how hot downtown was heading into covid.
Waiting for bears to chime in - "it's actually down MOM, it's just the mix that changed"
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
9077 posts
10430 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Sanyo wrote: March started low but inventory definitely has gone up near the end of March.

How that effects MOI and sales in April we will see. I know in Caledon, Brampton and Milton more and more inventory is sitting. I would say the last 7-10 days especially.

But regardless Y/O/Y sales will be insane next month due to the lockdowns last year.
From what I see is the inventory that tends to be sitting are the high lister's - asking above even most recent highs. And then their property sits skewing the "inventory sitting analysis".

At least from what I can see listing that are in-line with current recent sales or priced for bidding war (with a seller willing to take a reasonable offer) are moving quickly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5694 posts
3576 upvotes
Toronto
bears are all but gone now.
Full-time Realtor
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1330 posts
1116 upvotes
MotoCross817 wrote: Kinda boring here without them lol
Let me play the bear role, lol.
Oshawa and other Work-From-Home heavens are gonna burn! burn! burn!
Soon people will realize the downtown is the centre of the universe and regret about buying $1M sheds in Durham!
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1215 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
What an insane month, most sales in any singular month in the history of Toronto real estate? This demand is absurd, whatever is causing it the market psychology cannot be turned it seems.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2850 posts
1859 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looking at yearly sales in the report starting 2009, the number doesn't change much. After going up it goes down too. That sure surprises me I would a thought it will have gone up a lot.

Top