Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

GTA Post Halloween 2020 Candy hunt. Covid edition

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 7:28 pm
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North

GTA Post Halloween 2020 Candy hunt. Covid edition

Did a little looking around for some candy deals while running some errands and managed to free up some space and the camera not freezing up on me.

I know there are still places that still have candy around so thought to make a thread. I'll try to list how much is around or take a photo and the location of the store.

Loblaws @ Don Mills Rd and Eglinton
-lots of full size bars and candy left
-tiny selection of Halloween stuff left.

Metro @ Don Mills Rd and Lawrence
-Hersey's mini white and chocolate bars

There is a manned poppy seller at the entrance of the Loblaws. They do not have the electronic payment thing there which surprised me as I thought all poppy stations would have been using electronic payments this year given the whole Covid thing. AFAIK those electronic payment machines do tap payment and charge you $2.00 for a poppy. I paid $4 and got two poppies.

Also spotted some deals on thermos on sale.

EDIT:

If anyone spots anything on sale locally please share the details. I know of a Food Basics that IIRC hadn't dropped thier price a few days after Halloween thus no one touched any of thier stock

EDIT2:

Metro @ Bridlewood Mall (Finch/Warden) still has a bit of candy left. Check photos.

EDIT3:

No Frills @ Nymark Plaza (Fon Mills/Finch right by Seneca College)

-Lots of rice krispy boxes
-Small amount of wrapped candies

Bonus is I was able to get the reduced price plus apply the $1 off coupons (those expired Oct32 IIRC as the cashier manually discounted)

Canned veggies dated into 2022. Wide mouth canning lids at 50%. Photo of rack updated.

EDIT3:

Food Basics @ Bayview/John St

- 100pak reeses/jolly rancher/oh henry mix packs, like 20+ boxes
- rockets at $2.94
- Crisps halloween chip/rice chips. IDK, maybe 6-8 packs
- All located by self checkout

Shoppers Drugmart (behind the Food Basics.)
- 1 x mix candy pack with double bubble gum in it. Size was like 12in x 6in.
- Could not find a price, found in candy aisle

EDIT4:
Metro @ Bridlewood Mall
-lots of rocket candy discounted more
-2tubs of new monster mix candy showed up out of nowhere.
Images
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-27-29.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-28-11.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-28-32.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-29-11.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-29-41.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-38-43.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-39-21.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-40-07.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-13-40-53.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-15-08-11.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-07-15-08-59.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-11-18-45-00.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-11-18-45-50.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-12-19-21-16.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-17-20-38-19.png
  • Screenshot_2020-11-18-17-46-15.png
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Nov 18th, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
31 replies
Nov 3, 2013
877 posts
1645 upvotes
Regina, SK
Newsflash: Not everyone lives in the GTA
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I know many are not interested or feel not good enough price but why downvote.

Upvote for op’s efforts. Thanks.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2042 posts
2338 upvotes
Thanks. Just saw my dentist last week and the sound of the cleaning instruments is still strong so will take a pass. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
If you want to stock up on things that last the longest go for the jolly ranchers, lolipop, and skittles. They last for years with little flavor issues which is great for packing into small emergency kits or tucked away when you have a sweet craving.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
thedealhunter2000 wrote: If you want to stock up on things that last the longest go for the jolly ranchers, lolipop, and skittles. They last for years with little flavor issues which is great for packing into small emergency kits or tucked away when you have a sweet craving.
We'd get along then, as I'd rather go for chocolate. It may not be health food, but it's not pure sugar.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5990 upvotes
No Frills at Dufferin and Rutherford in Vaughan has lots of half price candy. It's in the Frozen Food section at the front of the store.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
50% off licorice at square one Walmart...
Dec 25, 2005
44 posts
66 upvotes
dethrock wrote: Newsflash: Not everyone lives in the GTA
Then don't read this post if it doesn't apply to you...

Thank OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3481 posts
3863 upvotes
Antarctica
dethrock wrote: Newsflash: Not everyone lives in the GTA
Post title explicitly states GTA. 🤦‍♂️
Nov 3, 2013
877 posts
1645 upvotes
Regina, SK
Crichtonfan wrote: Post title explicitly states GTA. 🤦‍♂️
I honestly somehow missed GTA in the title. I'd edit my original post but there's no point. Lucky for me there isn't a downvote button on posts anymore.

Edit: I'm 90% sure OP edited the title to include GTA, it didn't have it originally.
Last edited by dethrock on Nov 8th, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2016
17 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, I honestly can’t tell if you were trying to troll with this post or what your intention was. I have been looking everywhere for the halloween assorted chocolates and really regret not buying anything before halloween so when I saw this post I immediately rushed to Don Mills & Lawrence as stated to find absolutely nothing there. Looking closely at your photos, that isn’t even the Metro at Don Mills & Lawrence, take a look at my photos, the aisle signs in your photos are parallel with the aisle where in my photo the aisle signs are perpendicular. Further to this I even spoke to the manager to ask if they had any halloween chocolate left and he pretty much laughed and told me they haven’t had any for atleast a week... what’s the deal? I should have called ahead before spending a 45 minute drive one way and trusting this OP.
Images
  • 3BD73901-B522-45D4-B8D6-B2B4258C1614.jpeg
  • 301A9F40-3491-4A39-9D75-172D619F2F60.jpeg
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
confused, I thought Halloween was over...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
Crakalak wrote: OP, I honestly can’t tell if you were trying to troll with this post or what your intention was. I have been looking everywhere for the halloween assorted chocolates and really regret not buying anything before halloween so when I saw this post I immediately rushed to Don Mills & Lawrence as stated to find absolutely nothing there. Looking closely at your photos, that isn’t even the Metro at Don Mills & Lawrence, take a look at my photos, the aisle signs in your photos are parallel with the aisle where in my photo the aisle signs are perpendicular. Further to this I even spoke to the manager to ask if they had any halloween chocolate left and he pretty much laughed and told me they haven’t had any for atleast a week... what’s the deal? I should have called ahead before spending a 45 minute drive one way and trusting this OP.
The pictures from Metro looks like it's only the last 2 photos. The aisle number is on the left side in the 2nd last photo. So, it looks like it would be on the opposite end of where you took your photo. The rest of the pictures look like they're from Loblaws.

Ethanz wrote: confused, I thought Halloween was over...
Hence the discounted chocolate. I'm confused with your post.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Sep 17, 2017
11 posts
5 upvotes
Not OP but can confirm that the last 2 photos show the display at the Don Mills and Lawrence Metro. Unfortunately I saw only 2 boxes of the Hersheys left as of 5pm Nov 7, so they were probably out by Sat.

Edit - The manager is wrong lol. I have a pic of the display too.

Edit 2 - Corrected the month because I made a typo and someone got butthurt.
Images
  • received_1015286818969765.jpeg
Last edited by hldl17 on Nov 11th, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 4, 2016
17 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
5pm on Sept 7th? What are you talking about?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
Crakalak wrote: OP, I honestly can’t tell if you were trying to troll with this post or what your intention was. I have been looking everywhere for the halloween assorted chocolates and really regret not buying anything before halloween so when I saw this post I immediately rushed to Don Mills & Lawrence as stated to find absolutely nothing there. Looking closely at your photos, that isn’t even the Metro at Don Mills & Lawrence, take a look at my photos, the aisle signs in your photos are parallel with the aisle where in my photo the aisle signs are perpendicular. Further to this I even spoke to the manager to ask if they had any halloween chocolate left and he pretty much laughed and told me they haven’t had any for atleast a week... what’s the deal? I should have called ahead before spending a 45 minute drive one way and trusting this OP.
That Metro I was at is at Don Mills & Lawrence (The old Eatons for those old skool). I took the photo right in front of the pizza ovens as I was waiting on a pizza. It was in the between aisles right beside the pizza ovens.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Dont know what happened to all the candy In brantford, at sobeys and metro. Tons on Halloween, then absolutely nothing next morning and christmas candy in its place on the shelf

They must have shipped it out?
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Nov 22, 2017
105 posts
65 upvotes
No frills at yonge and 16th has tons of the 50pc nestle mini chocolates at $2.44 a box.
Last edited by Childkangaroo on Nov 8th, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7060 posts
3370 upvotes
You spent 45 mins x2 and gas to save $5? I know it's the joy of the hunt, but this is during a pandemic.