Real Estate

GTA Real Estate Prices to soar even higher when the Blue Jays win the World Series!?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2015 9:41 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Aug 24, 2015
22 posts
25 upvotes
North York, ON
Anikiri wrote: Mate, stick to your guns and wait it out. No reason to buy, the market is insane. I agree. Just wait it out, it's the best strategy yet. Everyone on greaterfool has been doing it for 15+ years.
I do own real estate. I just find your type amusing, you scoff at CHMC when they identify Toronto as being in high risk simply 'because you just know' it'll keep going up forever and ever!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4912 upvotes
Here 'n There
Repooc wrote: This thought just occurred to me after last night's game.

There seems to be no limit (tongue in cheek comment) when it comes to GTA RE pricing, and any little "perk" to living in the GTA results in a ridiculous boost in housing.

If the Jays win the World Series this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see another big climb in prices... people wanting to live in a "winning" city.
Yes, just like prices kept going down when they lost.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
481 upvotes
Vancouver
Repooc wrote: This thought just occurred to me after last night's game.

There seems to be no limit (tongue in cheek comment) when it comes to GTA RE pricing, and any little "perk" to living in the GTA results in a ridiculous boost in housing.

If the Jays win the World Series this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see another big climb in prices... people wanting to live in a "winning" city.
Exactly. You've been around longer than most, and correctly understand that it comes up in step with the sports stuff as someone else has confirmed it happens the other way around as well.
May 11, 2009
607 posts
197 upvotes
eonibm wrote: Yes, just like prices kept going down when they lost.
LOL. Dayum we must really be lucky. If it was based on the Leafs performance for the last 10+ years houses in Toronto would be worthless!
Banned
Aug 24, 2015
22 posts
25 upvotes
North York, ON
TripleTAP wrote: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/09 ... llion.html

look at this house inhabitable still sold for 1.05 Milllion

41 Kippendavie Ave, Toronto E02

is really base on how china going to play
I'm willing to bet you that home was not purchased by Chinese. My top bet is speculators looking to flip, my second guess is early 30 somethings with heavy parental support (i.e. drawing down their own equity). House of cards in either case.