• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2021 10:26 am
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1522 posts
389 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I often envy ever deal in the east when the west needs to pay more for the same items....but this is the one time of the year I feel good eating my cheaper spot prawns in BC!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2757 posts
2355 upvotes
BC
krazynuck wrote: I often envy ever deal in the east when the west needs to pay more for the same items....but this is the one time of the year I feel good eating my cheaper spot prawns in BC!
Agreed but still think it's too expensive to eat spotted prawns in BC...
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14247 posts
9021 upvotes
Markham
muffin4life wrote: Agreed but still think it's too expensive to eat spotted prawns in BC...
Gotta think of it like a bit of a home cooked splurge.... If you have prawns,, stir fry some beef and Chinese veg and "white cut" aka boiled chicken +rice. it's still probably cheaper than eating out.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2757 posts
2355 upvotes
BC
gr8dlr wrote: Gotta think of it like a bit of a home cooked splurge.... If you have prawns,, stir fry some beef and Chinese veg and "white cut" aka boiled chicken +rice. it's still probably cheaper than eating out.
You're probably right... But I can't justify live spotted prawns at the sale price when I can just get fresh prawns (dead, non spotted) at less than half that price...

I know it was so much more expensive before the pandemic but still can't justify...
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2757 posts
2355 upvotes
BC
sircool wrote: last week was $49.99 )
Baller pricing... I bow out at $18/lbs...

Rather enjoy a nice rib steak
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9114 posts
2081 upvotes
Vancouver
I’d go early
Images
  • 31F59ADB-52FA-405E-AF1B-7E74DE475E15.gif
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3467 posts
2157 upvotes
YUL/YVR
krazynuck wrote: I often envy ever deal in the east when the west needs to pay more for the same items....but this is the one time of the year I feel good eating my cheaper spot prawns in BC!
Mean while they are enjoying their $9.99/lobsters
Mar 30, 2015
32 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
muffin4life wrote: You're probably right... But I can't justify live spotted prawns at the sale price when I can just get fresh prawns (dead, non spotted) at less than half that price...

I know it was so much more expensive before the pandemic but still can't justify...
First of all, it's spot prawn, not spotted prawn. Second, the fresh dead prawns are imported and tastes completely different vs. spot prawn. Completely different. It's comparing select beef vs. choice beef vs. prime. Even that's a stretch because the spot prawn is not even the same species as the imported prawn/shrimps (mostly from Asia).