• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2018 11:47 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4388 posts
1113 upvotes
Hamilton
dpacto wrote: not if it's done through a real estate transaction with lawyers. if it was more stable I could see the benefit for foreign buyers as it would eliminate the huge loss from currency conversion and bank fees.
Don't forget the speed!
Done in seconds to minutes tops!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2874 posts
1643 upvotes
Mississauga
I understand the condo is now "conditionally" sold for 33Bitcoins.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3197 posts
343 upvotes
Ottawa
Who cares type of payment they are accepting?

What if they accepting boxes of kraft dinner ? Makes no difference
Hello
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
5998 posts
3194 upvotes
Thornhill
DaveVentura wrote: if each condition is not meet the transaction will not go through.
What type of conditions are you speaking of here that currently goes through land titles registry?
❖ 100% electronic and secure property sale where fraud and paper deeds are a thing of the past

❖ Digital leases which automatically withdraw rent payments and service charges with a full audit trail and no human error

❖ An autonomous accounting system where every transaction is automatically recorded and balanced without fear of anyone manipulating the system

❖ A secure electronic record for each individual and corporate entity showing all their details among them their credit history

❖ Can you imagine a commercial building that has every system (like utilities) connected securely and adjusts itself without the occupants or any other party intervening or instructing!

https://medium.com/ethereum-dapp-builde ... e3dfdb5d2c
How does any such electronic agreement do away with fraud and manipulating of the system?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4388 posts
1113 upvotes
Hamilton
licenced wrote: What type of conditions are you speaking of here that currently goes through land titles registry?

How does any such electronic agreement do away with fraud and manipulating of the system?
Obviously it doesn't fully.
I guess an inspector can still simply say yes all good when it isn't. But that exists now.

What this does is streamlines. Saves on costs. All done 8n real time. (the beuaracratic tape skipped and speed would be welcome.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
5998 posts
3194 upvotes
Thornhill
sidshock wrote: Obviously it doesn't fully.
I guess an inspector can still simply say yes all good when it isn't. But that exists now.

What this does is streamlines. Saves on costs. All done 8n real time. (the beuaracratic tape skipped and speed would be welcome.
This doesn't answer my questions.

Q1) What type of conditions are you speaking of here that currently goes through land titles registry?

Q2) How does any such electronic agreement do away with fraud and manipulating of the system?

but your answer now raises more...

what does it streamline in the closing and land transfer process?

what costs savings are there?

what exactly is done in real time that is not being done now?
Banned
Feb 23, 2009
1670 posts
1495 upvotes
Oshawa
I guess it's very trendy but I don't understand why somebody would take imaginary currency for a real asset.