PC & Video Games

Guess the Xbox Series X price (Canadian$$$)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 11:12 am
Aug 20, 2009
7893 posts
2742 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah for sure, they could make some sort of Xbox branded hardware, on their own or with a partner. I have no idea what the prebuilt market is like in terms of profitability or if its something they're interested in but its much more realistic than a dual booting Xbox.

I've always thought they should get into the portable game, an Xbox branded handheld or heck even a laptop could be interesting. But I guess seeing even Sony lose to Nintendo there gives them pause.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4416 posts
1380 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Yeah for sure, they could make some sort of Xbox branded hardware, on their own or with a partner. I have no idea what the prebuilt market is like in terms of profitability or if its something they're interested in but its much more realistic than a dual booting Xbox.

I've always thought they should get into the portable game, an Xbox branded handheld or heck even a laptop could be interesting. But I guess seeing even Sony lose to Nintendo there gives them pause.
At this point I think they're just hoping for more 5G penetration in many markets so that they could push xCloud as a mobile gaming solution... I've been in the xCloud beta for a while and about a month ago they even included touch controls for Gears and Hellblade...

Although the iOS block probably stings them quite a bit.
Last edited by M1GOmigs on Sep 9th, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2328 posts
356 upvotes
Wow, Australia is getting screwed. I saw their pricing ($499/$749) and figured we would follow suit. The S is $105 cheaper, and the X is $125 cheaper.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2049 posts
2635 upvotes
Windsor
Ascott wrote: Wow, Australia is getting screwed. I saw their pricing ($499/$749) and figured we would follow suit. The S is $105 cheaper, and the X is $125 cheaper.
Their price has 10% GST included.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2466 posts
2641 upvotes
GTA
Redmask wrote: People who correctly picked the price:

Talamasca
mymuro
Cheapo-Findo
spike1128

Kudos ladies and gents!
Congrats guys. Redmask will be sending each of you a Series S using his RFD salary, just PM him your deets Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1117 posts
686 upvotes
London, ON
Definitely pleasantly surprised. "Keep next-gen prices the same as current-gen prices" is such a simple plan, it didn't even occur to me before it started actually happening. And seemed very unlikely, given the general jump in various hardware tech.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9246 posts
1389 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Congrats guys. Redmask will be sending each of you a Series S using his RFD salary, just PM him your deets Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Lol lol. Still gonna play my XboneS and wait price drop RFD style for next gen. I always a cheapo when it comes to consoles. Cant justify blowing 6 Bill's on launch consoles when I barely have time to play. Will see how long it would take for old gen to become obsolete.