• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 10:28 am
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
834 posts
717 upvotes
Mississauga

Gutter and Downspout replacement quotes

Looking to get a few quotes for replacing gutters and downspouts. I also wanted an additional price for facia/soffits as well.

Does anyone have any good contacts?

I was also curious how often people decommission their downspout to sanitary sewer discharges? Are contractors required to discharge to lawns now with new installs?

My house is 40 years old and in Mississauga

Thanks!
Last edited by projectman44 on Aug 30th, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2003 posts
1734 upvotes
GTA
projectman44 wrote: I was also curious how often people decommission their storm sewer discharges? Are contractors required to discharge to lawns now with new installs?

My house is 40 years old and in Mississauga
I don't really have useful referrals for you, however....

Are you saying your downspouts are currently connected to a sewer/your weepers below grade?

Generally speaking downspout disconnection is mandatory or encouraged.

In Peel its illegal to discharge any downspouts or stormwater to the sanitary system, and Sauga I believe encourages you to disconnect them regardless.

If its going to your sanitary its illegal and a bad idea, if its going to your weepers and then storm, still not the best for your property with water against the foundation. The third option would be a dedicated storm connection, but seeing as its 40 years old, I think thats slim.

So long story short, should think about disconnecting now.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
834 posts
717 upvotes
Mississauga
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: I don't really have useful referrals for you, however....

Are you saying your downspouts are currently connected to a sewer/your weepers below grade?

Generally speaking downspout disconnection is mandatory or encouraged.

In Peel its illegal to discharge any downspouts or stormwater to the sanitary system, and Sauga I believe encourages you to disconnect them regardless.

If its going to your sanitary its illegal and a bad idea, if its going to your weepers and then storm, still not the best for your property with water against the foundation. The third option would be a dedicated storm connection, but seeing as its 40 years old, I think thats slim.

So long story short, should think about disconnecting now.
Don't know for sure what pipe they are connected to, but ya i know its safer to discharge above ground especially knowing the age of my place and the possibility of cracks in the clay pipes.