Gutters replacement at home - what to look for?
I wanted to install Alu-Rex Clip N Guard – Gutter System on them, but my roofer recommended me calling someone else to change gutters instead.
I have gutters on all sides of house, total 132 feet ( 42 X 2 and 24 X 2 ). 2000 square foot of roof. I have a pretty "sharp" roof.
I am looking for information about new gutters to be able to know what is important or not, when I will get quotes from installers pretty soon.
1) How did you decide between 5 inch and 6 inch gutters? 6 inch worth it ?
2) What to look for ?
3) Any reference / approximation on cost, to compare with quotes I will get ? I am thinking around $1,500.
On my list:
- 5 inch k-style gutters (unless 6 inch is worth it)
- 0.032 inch gauge heavy duty thickness aluminium (instead of 0.027 inch)
- seamless gutters (instead of box-store by section)
- invisible hanger system (no nails)
- no more leaves in gutters with some kind of screen
Interesting sites in my research (no affiliation with them...)
http://www.askthebuilder.com/aluminum-g ... -seamless/
http://www.improvenet.com/r/costs-and-p ... um-gutters